North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09 May 2016, 10:59 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]PB0003954/606 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Stanley Bus Station and Quorum Business Park given service number 794 effective from 24-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.

Quorum? Doesn't the 794 end at the DSS?
(09 May 2016, 11:52 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Quorum? Doesn't the 794 end at the DSS?
It ends at Quorum in the morning. I know from living next to the DSS Longbenton that it starts there on an evening and continues to Stanley via Tyneview Park, the timetable doesn't acknowledge this though but on the bus it says 794 to Quorum.
fileUndecided//CUndecidedUsers/Jack/Downloads/794_times_Publication%20(1).pdf

(10 May 2016, 6:10 am)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]It ends at Quorum in the morning. I know from living next to the DSS Longbenton that it starts there on an evening and continues to Stanley via Tyneview Park, the timetable doesn't acknowledge this though but on the bus it says 794 to Quorum.

fileUndecided//CUndecidedUsers/Jack/Downloads/794_times_Publication%20(1).pdf

Copy and paste the above link
PB0002400/601 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Wheatley Hill, Cemetry Road
Finish Point: Arnison Centre, Sainsbury's
Via:
Service Number: 59
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 15-MAY-2016
Other Details: Sunday (and public holiday)only
(10 May 2016, 3:26 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]PB0002400/601 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Wheatley Hill, Cemetry Road
Finish Point: Arnison Centre, Sainsbury's
Via:
Service Number: 59
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 15-MAY-2016
Other Details: Sunday (and public holiday)only

I thought they'd already re-registered that. I remember being quite happy about it!
(09 May 2016, 10:59 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]PB0003954/606 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Stanley Bus Station and Quorum Business Park given service number 794 effective from 24-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.

Patently waits for a service between Washington Galleries and Quorum Business Park.
(10 May 2016, 8:36 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Patently waits for a service between Washington Galleries and Quorum Business Park.

Niche Wink
(10 May 2016, 7:31 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]I thought they'd already re-registered that. I remember being quite happy about it!

I think the old registration had an expiry on it while Go North East were undergoing discussions with Durham County Council about it.

There is no expiry any more, hence the separate registration.
Will the 135 and 136 be operating full loops when they replace the 99A
(11 May 2016, 6:20 am)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]Will the 135 and 136 be operating full loops when they replace the 99A

Only Sunderland to Witherwack, then vice versa. 

135 - Witherwack to Sunderland Interchange - 5:41am, 6:11am, 6:41am
136 - Sunderland Interchange to Witherwack - 4:55am & 5:55am
(11 May 2016, 4:11 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I think the old registration had an expiry on it while Go North East were undergoing discussions with Durham County Council about it.

There is no expiry any more, hence the separate registration.
That would explain it.

If it's always as busy as it was when we caught it, last week, I'd be surprised if it couldn't stand on its own two feet, to be honest. Plenty of people actually paying fares, too.
Dan or Citaro, Will the 33 and 39 be allocated Scania's from next weekend due to the changes coming in at Sunderland?

Also what is happening with the spare Versa's etc what will come from Deptford?
(15 May 2016, 9:38 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Dan or Citaro, Will the 33 and 39 be allocated Scania's from next weekend due to the changes coming in at Sunderland?

Services 33 and 39 will no longer interwork from next week.

As the DAF SB120 and Volvo B10BLE at Deptford are being withdrawn, I'd suggest that the only suitable vehicle type for service 39 would be Scania L94s.
(15 May 2016, 9:45 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Services 33 and 39 will no longer interwork from next week.

As the DAF SB120 and Volvo B10BLE at Deptford are being withdrawn, I'd suggest that the only suitable vehicle type for service 39 would be Scania L94s.

Cheers, i thought this would be the case but thought i would ask.

In some way I'm glad, the DAF SB120 and Volvo B10BLE are going from Deptford.... should i bet glad about the B10's? haha
(15 May 2016, 9:54 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Cheers, i thought this would be the case but thought i would ask.

In some way I'm glad, the DAF SB120 and Volvo B10BLE are going from Deptford.... should i bet glad about the B10's? haha

I do like the Volvo B10BLEs from an enthusiast perspective; but from a customer perspective, the Scania L94s are more modern, are in better condition (not only internally, but externally too, once they're given a repaint), and most importantly, are more reliable.

It's only a minor upgrade, but this upgrade complements the more modern Optare Versas on "SimpliCity" service 2, given that there's a 7-8 minute frequency headway on the shared corridor of services 2 and 39.
(15 May 2016, 9:58 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I do like the Volvo B10BLEs from an enthusiast perspective; but from a customer perspective, the Scania L94s are more modern, are in better condition (not only internally, but externally too, once they're given a repaint), and most importantly, are more reliable.

It's only a minor upgrade, but this upgrade complements the more modern Optare Versas on "SimpliCity" service 2, given that there's a 7-8 minute frequency headway on the shared corridor of services 2 and 39.

Same but i also like the Scania's, I'm sure the Scania's will last at least 1 or 2 years before GNE finally start to withdraw them, Its a decent upgrade though, shame the 39 couldn't be Versa to. 

What will the 33 be allocated?
(15 May 2016, 10:06 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Same but i also like the Scania's, I'm sure the Scania's will last at least 1 or 2 years before GNE finally start to withdraw them, Its a decent upgrade though, shame the 39 couldn't be Versa to. 

What will the 33 be allocated?

There'll be plenty of MPDs displaced when the PVR of service 38 is reduced and service 99 is withdrawn!

It'll be a bit of a throwback to the Magic Roundabout for us enthusiasts... Wink
(15 May 2016, 10:11 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]There'll be plenty of MPDs displaced when the PVR of service 38 is reduced and service 99 is withdrawn!

I really thought they would of allocated something better than MPD's for the 33 especially when they'll be against Stagecoach's Gas buses! 

---

Just thinking with 4968 and 4973 blue so far... maybe they are for the 39?, as the PVR is 6 and i would think that 4969-4972 will Blue soon and with them being allocated Sania's from next week......

It was never confirmed that they would be heading to Percy Main for the 17.
(15 May 2016, 10:17 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]I really thought they would of allocated something better than MPD's for the 33 especially when they'll be against Stagecoach's Gas buses! 

Remember that there will also be Mercedes Citaros on this corridor, with service 36 being revised to operate via Silksworth instead of Sunderland Royal Hospital. With a ten minute frequency headway (between services 33 and 36 combined), there's probably no need for anything greater in terms of capacity. Not forgetting that there's also service 2, every 15 minutes.
(15 May 2016, 10:21 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Remember that there will also be Mercedes Citaros on this corridor, with service 36 being revised to operate via Silksworth instead of Sunderland Royal Hospital. With a ten minute frequency headway (between services 33 and 36 combined), there's probably no need for anything greater in terms of capacity. Not forgetting that there's also service 2, every 15 minutes.

That's true, be interesting to see if they get the services right this time.

Is the spare Citaro from "See It Do it" stopping at Deptford?, they could do with one.