North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19 Aug 2014, 6:43 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Do you think they'll consider increasing the 309 / 310 to every 30 mins each during Monday to Sunday evenings?

Yes, but only when the loads justify it.
(19 Aug 2014, 6:53 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Yes, but only when the loads justify it.

The run up to christmas would be a good time to try it out. For instance, they could increase the frequency from the first Sunday of November and by the time that spell has ended, word would've got out that the 309 / 310 has become more frequent and it would be suatainable.
(19 Aug 2014, 5:29 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Hopefully it doesn't, its a stupid name...

As I've said before, GNE should resurrect the OK Expressway brand and it's great livery for the X21.
(20 Aug 2014, 7:34 am)Greg_in_Weardale wrote [ -> ]As I've said before, GNE should resurrect the OK Expressway brand and it's great livery for the X21.

Anything is better than the Pizza bus.

Prefer Angel Express as a branding myself
(20 Aug 2014, 4:51 pm)gtom wrote [ -> ]Anything is better than the Pizza bus.

Likewise.

Integrating the Angel and the Pronto, with the latter as 'Express', could work wonders - as I'd suggest that the Angel is one of Go North East's more recognised brand names. Not sure what it would look like in terms of livery design, but the name certainly works for me.
(20 Aug 2014, 4:51 pm)gtom wrote [ -> ]Anything is better than the Pizza bus.

Defiantly, sounds much better.

What colour would u have it in?, same as the angel?
(20 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Defiantly, sounds much better.

What colour would u have it in?, same as the angel?

I would - I don't think the green base livery wholly represents the fact that the buses are 'green' (eco-friendly), so no reason for this 'Angel Express' not to be green, imo.
(20 Aug 2014, 4:57 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I would - I don't think the green base livery wholly represents the fact that the buses are 'green' (eco-friendly), so no reason for this 'Angel Express' not to be green, imo.

Liking the sound of Angel Express, Think we should revert back to the Pink Colour Scheme with the Current Angel Branding
(20 Aug 2014, 5:01 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Liking the sound of Angel Express, Think we should revert back to the Pink Colour Scheme with the Current Angel Branding

Dont think that would look very nice imo. Think it would need to stay as green unless the brand needs to be completely redesigned to suit pink (baring in mind places will need to be changed anyway as the X21 serves Spennymoor and Bishop Auckland etc).
(20 Aug 2014, 5:07 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Dont think that would look very nice imo. Think it would need to stay as green unless the brand needs to be completely redesigned to suit pink (baring in mind places will need to be changed anyway as the X21 serves Spennymoor and Bishop Auckland etc).

Not forgetting that on evenings and Sundays, services 21 and X21 interwork.

Most customers will recognise the bus by its colour, so I think from that perspective, green would work well.
(20 Aug 2014, 5:17 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Not forgetting that on evenings and Sundays, services 21 and X21 interwork.

Most customers will recognise the bus by its colour, so I think from that perspective, green would work well.

That's true, least then they can order at least 2 more B5TL's for the Angel to replace the B7TL's + a couple of spares for it and then order maybe 2 extra for the X21...
(20 Aug 2014, 5:07 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Dont think that would look very nice imo. Think it would need to stay as green unless the brand needs to be completely redesigned to suit pink (baring in mind places will need to be changed anyway as the X21 serves Spennymoor and Bishop Auckland etc).

[attachment=5846]
Doesnt look to bad with that shade. Glad its only 1 tone of pink and not the 2 like the current angel livery as i think, if anywhere that would be where it looks awful.

(20 Aug 2014, 5:17 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Not forgetting that on evenings and Sundays, services 21 and X21 interwork.

With this 'Angel express', the buses will only be used on the X21 and X46. The Angel B5s are used on the 21 most of the time meaning that it would be pointless including the route up to Bishop Auckland. Especially as the X21 is technically a different service to the 21.

Except they're blue during the day and green on a night now? Therefore I'm not too sure whether that point would hold water lol...
Definitely needs to be more of a link between Angel and X21 though.
(20 Aug 2014, 9:32 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Except they're blue during the day and green on a night now? Therefore I'm not too sure whether that point would hold water lol...
Definitely needs to be more of a link between Angel and X21 though.
That's the point I'm getting at...

I've made my views clear on interworking branded services so that buses are purposefully appearing off route; whilst I understand why it is done, I still don't think it should be as it causes unnecessary customer confusion.

If the buses are the same colour and of a similar livery design as they are during the day on a night, customer confusion would be reduced. I feel this should be a target for Go North East and other bus operators in general.
PB0003954/614 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: SOUTH SHIELDS, CHURCH WAY
Finish Point: COBALT, THE SILVERLINK NORTH
Via:
Service Number: 919
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 13-OCT-2014
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY EXCEPT PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
(21 Aug 2014, 3:25 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]PB0003954/614 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: SOUTH SHIELDS, CHURCH WAY
Finish Point: COBALT, THE SILVERLINK NORTH
Via:
Service Number: 919
Effective Date: 13-OCT-2014
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY EXCEPT PUBLIC HOLIDAYS

Sounds like an Interesting Service, shame it's only a Workers Service, could give the Shields Ferry a run for it's Money.
(21 Aug 2014, 4:47 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]That's the point I'm getting at...

I've made my views clear on interworking branded services so that buses are purposefully appearing off route; whilst I understand why it is done, I still don't think it should be as it causes unnecessary customer confusion.

If the buses are the same colour and of a similar livery design as they are during the day on a night, customer confusion would be reduced. I feel this should be a target for Go North East and other bus operators in general.

I've always said that if a brand needs to interwork for operational reasons - e.g. X35/X36 at all times, or 42/2A/2C on a Sunday, then those services should all be part of the same brand. Thankfully X35/X36 is, but perhaps Silver Arrows should be phased out with the services being merged into the SimpliCity brand?
On VOSA today:

PB0003954/364 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Consett Bus Station and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X70/X71 effective from 29-Sep-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/365 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Consett Bus Station and Durham Bus Station given service number 15/15a, 815, 822 effective from 29-Sep-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/367 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Consett Bus Station and Newcastle Eldon Sqaure given service number 45/46, 46a effective from 15-Sep-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/374 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Consett Bus Station and Consett Bus Station given service number V3/V4 effective from 15-Sep-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/386 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Consett Bus Station and Sunderland Park Lane Interchange given service number 78/78A/X78 effective from 29-Sep-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/495 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Castleside, Church Street and Stanley Bus Station given service number V8 effective from 29-Sep-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
Couple of late changes on VOSA, which started yesterday

PB0002400/345 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Low Fell and Birtley Lord Lawson Comprehensive School given service number 873 effective from 31-Aug-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/538 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Hebburn St Josephs RC High School
Finish Point: Wardley Lingley Lane
Via:
Service Number: 819
Effective Date: 31-AUG-2014
Other Details: Monday to Friday, school days only