North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25 Apr 2016, 10:18 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]New timetables are now going online for the Sunderland changes.

Currently in the black and white format.

------------

One surprise in the changes is the 38 dropping to hourly (combined between Park Lane and Hollycarrside Hewitt Avenue half hourly with the 238)

X36 dropping to hourly, no surprise tbh.

2/2A - now half hourly (every 15 minutes combined) - 39 is now part of the timetable. 

33 - every 15 minutes between: Sunderland Fawcett Street - Vicarage Estate Church View - half hourly to the docks.

61 - back to half hourly on Sundays

Wasn't 38 a stupid timetable anyway? There was gaps of 40 minutes I think so probably better combining it half hourly with the 238.

Solars to the 34 maybe and the 39 rebranded as Simplicity with the 4 Versas from there. 33 could just keep the Cadets for now.
PB0002400/442 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Newcastle Monument Market Street given service number X36 effective from 31-May-2016. To amend Route.
X36 route info had been took off a fast cars solar that passed me today.
(25 Apr 2016, 12:22 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote [ -> ]Looks like Deptford's PVR is going to reduce by 9 with the new changes. Have worked the new PVR's out:

2/2A- 10
33- 3
35- 8
36- 6
38- 1
39- 7
X36- 2

It will reduce by 10, not 9.

2: PVR -4
36: PVR -1
38: PVR -2
99: PVR -2
X36: PVR -1

An additional bus will be removed from Deptford's allocation, as the spare vehicle percentage would have shot up if the same amount of spares were retained. However, this bus will be temporarily retained until September, as an additional bus is being added into the PVR of the 20/20A services for the duration of the roadworks in Durham, to improve reliability.
(25 Apr 2016, 5:51 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It will reduce by 10, not 9.

An additional bus will be removed from Deptford's allocation, as the spare vehicle percentage would have shot up if the same amount of spares were retained. However, this bus will be temporarily retained until September, as an additional bus is being added into the PVR of the 20/20A services for the duration of the roadworks in Durham, to improve reliability.

I take it the MPD's will still be allocated to the 38/238?

What will the 39 use?
(25 Apr 2016, 6:39 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I take it the MPD's will still be allocated to the 38/238?

What will the 39 use?

Probably buses. Tongue

I thought they were all running 'on time', and only one of the 20 were not? Maybe there isn't enough recovery time in Go North East's timetables to accommodate minor delays like these?....
(25 Apr 2016, 6:47 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ][/b]

I thought they were all running 'on time', and only one of the 20 were not? Maybe there isn't enough recovery time in Go North East's timetables to accommodate minor delays like these?....

Is it any wonder why I am sometimes reluctant to give information on this forum, when it seems to attract snide remarks from you and others? Seems that more or less everything you say is a dig at me or Go North East (and its staff), Lee, and quite frankly, it's boring.

If you read my post at the time, you'll see I stated things 'worsened at peak times' on that day, so an extra bus being added into the cycle will assist with this. During the day, there hasn't been too much of an affect as there's 7 minutes layover in South Shields and 12 in Durham, as well as 4 minutes recovery time built into the timetable at Sunderland.

Or maybe, the traffic is worse than GNE thought with all the road works in Durham?

No doubt Arriva will be having the same problems to, or are they running perfect?

Dan's replied, but have you been to Durham, lately? You'll understand exactly what the problem is, if you do.

And I know that Michael's question about Arriva was rhetorical, but they've had to increase the Belmont PVR by 3 or 4 vehicles to keep services running on time. Simply having an extra 5 minutes turnaround on the 20 wouldn't compensate for the fact that it's sometimes going to face 15 minute delays, trying to travel the last mile of its journey into Durham.
It was a tongue in cheek comment, but, whatever.

Arriva have had massive problems due to these roadworks, but the lack of spare buses is probably more of a concern.

p.s. It wasn't a dig at you or the company Dan, it just so seems that there is a genuine lack of running time in GNE's timetables, such as the AD122 for example.
(25 Apr 2016, 7:40 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]It was a tongue in cheek comment, but, whatever.

Arriva have had massive problems due to these roadworks, but the lack of spare buses is probably more of a concern.

p.s. It wasn't a dig at you or the company Dan, it just so seems that there is a genuine lack of running time in GNE's timetables, such as the AD122 for example.

What much can they do with the AD122 though? If they were to extend the layover it would probably mean increasing the PVR, and I doubt it makes enough money to justify it especially during school term when less fare paying customers will be using it. I wouldn't have said all of them have a lack of running time, and if there has been a lot of that has been sorted in recent changes like the Red Kite now has a longer layover in Blackhall Mill and more so Consett.
(25 Apr 2016, 7:40 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]It was a tongue in cheek comment, but, whatever.

I don't know where you've got this from... The AD122 timetable is incredibly slack! They can usually wait 5-10 minutes for a connecting X85 if this is late into Hexham, and still get to Haltwhistle on time.

Have you ever used the service, or just photographed it by the side of the road? Due to the nature of the service, the bus can often be stood stationary for 5 minutes while the driver assists tourists/walkers. There's enough slack in the timetable to allow drivers to do that!
(25 Apr 2016, 7:51 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I don't know where you've got this from... The AD122 timetable is incredibly slack! They can usually wait 5-10 minutes for a connecting X85 if this is late into Hexham, and still get to Haltwhistle on time.

Have you ever used the service, or just photographed it by the side of the road? Due to the nature of the service, the bus can often be stood stationary for 5 minutes while the driver assists tourists/walkers. There's enough slack in the timetable to allow drivers to do that!

Have to agree here about the AD122 timetable being slack, when I rode the full route on Easter Saturday it was a steady ride with a fair amount of waiting time taking place at various points in the route and the driver even advising a passenger advising a passenger what time the buses headed back to Hexham, it still arrived at Haltwhistle Rail Station on-time. Admittedly the bus was lightly loaded with no other passengers boarding the route during my journey.

As for the roadworks in Durham at the moment, it's difficult to compare the timekeeping between services where apart from the area where the roadworks are, the routes are a completely different kettle of fish and there could be other factors which is causing delays to the service, for example the Sapphire 22 is still having to take a small diversion around by Dalton Park and the X12 has also had to contend with works in Low Fell and Gateshead whereas other than Durham I don't think there is really anything else out of the norm that could currently impact the timekeeping on the 20/20A/X20.
I'm personally not sure why a timetable for a route such as AD122 would not be slack?
It's not a route that requires 100% efficiency, on-time running etc. that you'd find in a large city or town.

As previously mentioned drivers will be helping tourists/walkers etc.
Spotted this on Facebook:

Will the 35/36 still run past Hylton college?

Go North East - Yes, as far as I can see, these services should still be serving that stop.

So i take it the 36 is going past the college then down where the 19 goes in Southwick to the bridge then Trimdon Street?, as it won't serve Green Terrace in Southwick.

-------

A few people unhappy with the changes, especially those in Hylton Castle who loosing both the 36 and 99... yes they have the Stagecoach 3 service, not the point though.

They could of let the 36, hourly continue to Town End Farm.

Hopefully the spare Citaro will stay at Deptford for the 35/36/61 in a spare role........ 

Where will rest of the spare buses go?
(26 Apr 2016, 12:14 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Hopefully the spare Citaro will stay at Deptford for the 35/36/61 in a spare role........ 

Where will rest of the spare buses go?

I'd imagine the four 2009 reg Versas will go into corporate livery with 2 going to riverside to act as spares for 58, Quaylink and the 88 and 2 remaining at Deptford...or like has already been suggested, they go to Crook for the 18

Or 3 to riverside with one being branded for 88
(26 Apr 2016, 12:32 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]I'd imagine the four 2009 reg Versas will go into corporate livery with 2 going to riverside to act as spares for 58, Quaylink and the 88 and 2 remaining at Deptford...or like has already been suggested, they go to Crook for the 18

Or 3 to riverside with one being branded for 88

With the Versa's:

1 stops at Deptford as a spare
2 to Crook 
1 to Riverside.

Or 

Put them on the 39 and take the ones from Lambton worm to make up the PVR of 7 - branding it Simplicity with 1 spare.

Versa's on the 34/34A will be replaced by Scania's.
(26 Apr 2016, 12:42 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]With the Versa's:

1 stops at Deptford as a spare
2 to Crook 
1 to Riverside.

Or 

Put them on the 39 and take the ones from Lambton worm to make up the PVR of 7 - branding it Simplicity with 1 spare.

Versa's on the 34/34A will be replaced by Scania's.

Possibly. Would make sense to have the same brand for same corridor. Similar to what they have done for the 5 & 50