North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05 Aug 2015, 7:23 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Intresting...

PB0003954/364 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Consett Bus Station and Consett Bus Station given service number X70/X71/X72 effective from 30-Aug-2015. To amend Timetable.

Possibly a new service related to the proposed changes to some services in the Stanley area?
(05 Aug 2015, 7:24 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Possibly a new service related to the proposed changes to some services in the Stanley area?

That would require a VOSA registration to be submitted further in advance, as the proposed changes in the Stanley area are quite significant changes.

All other scholars-related changes are commencing from 30th August 2015, so that's what I'll put my money on service X72 being related to.
(05 Aug 2015, 7:24 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Possibly a new service related to the proposed changes to some services in the Stanley area?

Not sure but its for 30th August along with the 9, X36 changes sure a couple of services were posted to but cant remember them.
Something to look forward to Smile
(05 Aug 2015, 7:26 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]That would require a VOSA registration to be submitted further in advance, as the proposed changes in the Stanley area are quite significant changes.

All other scholars-related changes are commencing from 30th August 2015, so that's what I'll put my money on service X72 being related to.

Seeing as there is an X78 that serves Derwentside College, I guess the X72 could be another peak-time service that serves a similar route.
(05 Aug 2015, 7:30 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Seeing as there is an X78 that serves Derwentside College, I guess the X72 could be another peak-time service that serves a similar route.

We'll have to wait and find out, annoyingly. Angry Seems bizarre that the service hasn't had to be registered as new service before as it certainly doesn't exist now (unless it does as a different number?)
(05 Aug 2015, 7:43 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]We'll have to wait and find out, annoyingly. Angry  Seems bizarre that the service hasn't had to be registered as new service before as it certainly doesn't exist now (unless it does as a different number?)

Shame the bus rally at Seaburn isn't until 31st August, eh? Tongue
(05 Aug 2015, 7:46 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Shame the bus rally at Seaburn isn't until 31st August, eh? Tongue

I have no idea what you mean but i'm just going to go along with it anyway. Will probably make me look like an absolute dickhead but hey ho Smile
(05 Aug 2015, 7:50 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I have no idea what you mean but i'm just going to go along with it anyway. Will probably make me look like an absolute dickhead but hey ho

Well if Go North East was to attend the rally, you lot would be telling drivers to go for a reckie through the destinations!

You'll find out prior to the rally what the crack is with this X72...
(05 Aug 2015, 7:51 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Well if Go North East was to attend the rally, you lot would be telling drivers to go for a reckie through the destinations!

You'll find out prior to the rally what the crack is with this X72...

I don't tend to go to the Seaburn Rally, parking is a bugger and i can't be arsed to walk along from Morrisons. Especially if it is raining! I could get the bus through but would take far too long - used to only being on a bus for around 30 minutes as opposed to around 2 and a half hours.

Maybe that is me just being lazy - i'll let you lot decide on that. Marcus or whoever is going, ask them to go through the destinations please. Or maybe Dan can be nice enough to spill? Tongue
(05 Aug 2015, 7:55 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I don't tend to go to the Seaburn Rally, parking is a bugger and i can't be arsed to walk along from Morrisons. Especially if it is raining! I could get the bus through but would take far too long - used to only being on a bus for around 30 minutes as opposed to around 2 and a half hours.

Maybe that is me just being lazy - i'll let you lot decide on that. Marcus or whoever is going, ask them to go through the destinations please. Or maybe Dan can be nice enough to spill? Tongue

Nice to know that I'm somehow associated with rallies. Normally manage to gather together a group. I'll use my persuasiveness to get whichever Go North East employee brings a bus to put some blinds on.
(05 Aug 2015, 7:59 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Nice to know that I'm somehow associated with rallies. Normally manage to gather together a group. I'll use my persuasiveness to get whichever Go North East employee brings a bus to put some blinds on.

Haha. I don't know why i said you, you're probably the first person that come to my mind - doesn't sound completely innocent that does it  Undecided 

You don't need to avoid me Tongue
(05 Aug 2015, 8:01 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Haha. I don't know why i said you, you're probably the first person that come to my mind - doesn't sound completely innocent that does it  Undecided 

You don't need to avoid me

God, when will you and Marcus get a room!
(05 Aug 2015, 8:04 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]God, when will you and Marcus get a room!

I know right! I've been waiting for a phone call from the hotel for days now...he said he'd check to see if any were available Tongue

Nah, wouldn't touch him with a bargepole - he lives in Chester-le-Street. What could possibly be worse (i have a feeling i know what is coming).
(05 Aug 2015, 8:07 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I know right! I've been waiting for a phone call from the hotel for days now...he said he'd check to see if any were available Tongue

Nah, wouldn't touch him with a bargepole - he lives in Chester-le-Street. What could possibly be worse (i have a feeling i know what is coming).

Living in Stanley. Big Grin
(05 Aug 2015, 8:09 pm)danpick wrote [ -> ]Living in Stanley. Big Grin

There we go! Knew it would be a matter of minutes before somebody said that Tongue
(05 Aug 2015, 8:07 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I know right! I've been waiting for a phone call from the hotel for days now...he said he'd check to see if any were available Tongue

Residing in a place that resembles the remains of Berlin after WW2 was drawn to a close... Everything in pieces and every man for himself.
(05 Aug 2015, 8:11 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Residing in a place that resembles the remains of Berlin after WW2 was drawn to a close... Everything in pieces and every man for himself.

You've basically just described Chester-le-Street Tongue
(05 Aug 2015, 8:11 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Residing in a place that resembles the remains of Berlin after WW2 was drawn to a close... Everything in pieces and every man for himself.

Sounds like Wheatley Hill. It's grim.
Is anyone else getting rather bored of the Chester/Stanley craic now, I feel like it's been done to death and it isn't funny anymore. Like this post if you agree.

Sorry guys.