North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06 Jun 2016, 3:35 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Wonder if they could transfer to Peterlee then allow the indiGo Solos to Peterlee for the service changes? As the 265 could do with something bigger definitely.

I doubt it - I don't think the 265 could use a larger bus due to the interworking pattern with the 202/204/208.

Also been thinking - the new 10X, anyone got an inkling that they are the current 11A journeys renumbered to fit in with the rest of the Ten routes?
(06 Jun 2016, 3:37 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]I doubt it - I don't think the 265 could use a larger bus due to the interworking pattern with the 202/204/208.

Also been thinking - the new 10X, anyone got an inkling that they are the current 11A journeys renumbered to fit in with the rest of the Ten routes?

Ah I forgot about it interworking.

Yeah 10X replaces the 11A and the 10A extended to Blackhall Mill to replace the 11 maybe? Then again where will the B9TLs come from so maybe not.
(06 Jun 2016, 3:41 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Ah I forgot about it interworking.

Yeah 10X replaces the 11A and the 10A extended to Blackhall Mill to replace the 11 maybe? Then again where will the B9TLs come from so maybe not.

10A will be the logical option to extend to Blackhall Mill, As it runs to Rockwood Hill which is around that area anyways.

With the changes to the 309/310, If the PVR is reduced in any way, 1 or 2 B9s could be sourced from there, Which is probs the amount of Vehicles required for the extension.
If not, Then the only route with B9s which could be replaced without much hassle is the 47, 4 B7TLs ( 3941-42, 3963-64 ) from Riverside could go to Stanley and fitted with Wifi until next years Vehicle Order atleast.
The 4 Red Kite B9s would have to have a refurb to fit in with the TEN B9s though.

The 3 displaced Long Versa's can be considered as a replacement for a full length vehicle ( Volvo B10BLE for example ) add them to the displaced red allocation from the 11/96 makes a lot of surplus Corporate Single Deckers, And with no Versa allocated routes having a PVR of 3, These Versa's will probably become Corporate along with the lots of Solars displaced from various routes to replace the rest of the B10BLEs.

Unless another Vehicle order happens during the coming months, its going to be a mix match by the look of things.

Feel free to correct me on anything ive put.
(06 Jun 2016, 2:56 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]So they have decided to switch the 57 and 58 around by the looks of things (5320-5324 to the 57)?

What's the betting we see new vehicles on the 57 in a year or two's time? It seems to happen when routes are merged (the 20 and 58 jump straight out as examples).
(06 Jun 2016, 4:20 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]10A will be the logical option to extend to Blackhall Mill, As it runs to Rockwood Hill which is around that area anyways.

With the changes to the 309/310, If the PVR is reduced in any way, 1 or 2 B9s could be sourced from there, Which is probs the amount of Vehicles required for the extension.
If not, Then the only route with B9s which could be replaced without much hassle is the 47, 4 B7TLs ( 3941-42, 3963-64 ) from Riverside could go to Stanley and fitted with Wifi until next years Vehicle Order atleast.
The 4 Red Kite B9s would have to have a refurb to fit in with the TEN B9s though.

The 3 displaced Long Versa's can be considered as a replacement for a full length vehicle ( Volvo B10BLE for example ) add them to the displaced red allocation from the 11/96 makes a lot of surplus Corporate Single Deckers, And with no Versa allocated routes having a PVR of 3, These Versa's will probably become Corporate along with the lots of Solars displaced from various routes to replace the rest of the B10BLEs.

Unless another Vehicle order happens during the coming months, its going to be a mix match by the look of things.

Feel free to correct me on anything ive put.

Maybe they could extend the 69 to Blackhall Mill? From Winlaton it could go via Barlow then the 11 route to High Spen as it would still provide a link to Blaydon from Blackhall Mill/Chopwell but then again not sure how the loadings would be on the 47 though with there being less buses to Newcastle but the 69 extension would only need 1 more bus. Would be a canny long route though!
(06 Jun 2016, 4:34 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Maybe they could extend the 69 to Blackhall Mill? From Winlaton it could go via Barlow then the 11 route to High Spen as it would still provide a link to Blaydon from Blackhall Mill/Chopwell but then again not sure how the loadings would be on the 47 though with there being less buses to Newcastle but the 69 extension would only need 1 more bus. Would be a canny long route though!

Didn't the 69 run to Blackhall Mill years ago? or was it the 67?

I would imagine loadings on the 47 ( which now has Streetlites allocated to a lot of the boards ) to be higher, So I think the 10A would probably be the best option.
Imagine if Percy Mains new 11 went there!
What is the current 11 from Blaydon to Blackhall Mill was what is now the 67 - then numbered the 69A. It became the 67 when it was cut to terminate at the Metrocentre, which was when the Blaydon-Prudhoe section of the 11 was attached to the 10s and the 11 was re-routed to Blackhall Mill.
(06 Jun 2016, 4:44 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Didn't the 69 run to Blackhall Mill years ago? or was it the 67?

I would imagine loadings on the 47 ( which now has Streetlites allocated to a lot of the boards ) to be higher, So I think the 10A would probably be the best option.
Imagine if Percy Mains new 11 went there!

Aye I would say 10A was more likely as it does duplicate the 11 for most of the Blaydon-Greenside section. If the 11 went there imagine the reliability!! Will be bad enough just going to Metrocentre I reckon.

Most likely be some more vosa registrations tomorrow.
It looks like GNE will be the company running the 29 on a commercial bases, at certain times of the day.
Not sure how people think these are cuts considering nothing has been released in full yet about the likes of then 11 (Blackhall Mill)!

It seems an improved service for North Tyneside to me - new direct bus to Newcastle from the likes of Willington Quay and East Howdon, more buses from Wallsend and Rosehill to Newcastle (if they are keeping the 1 the same) and also all areas will have the same frequency judging my the contracts up for grabs. So not sure why people are complaining?
(06 Jun 2016, 6:01 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Not sure how people think these are cuts considering nothing has been released in full yet about the likes of then 11 (Blackhall Mill)!

It seems an improved service for North Tyneside to me - new direct bus to Newcastle from the likes of Willington Quay and East Howdon, more buses from Wallsend and Rosehill to Newcastle (if they are keeping the 1 the same) and also all areas will have the same frequency judging my the contracts up for grabs. So not sure why people are complaining?

People are complaining based on a summary listed on VOSA, too. At least wait until the timetables are out.
Oh dear.

That "profit before passengers" line has been used more times than I've had bags of crisps - but its use on this occasion really takes the biscuit.
Am I missing something here? Where are the complaints? Guessing elsewhere...
(06 Jun 2016, 6:01 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Not sure how people think these are cuts considering nothing has been released in full yet about the likes of then 11 (Blackhall Mill)!

Because it's Go North East and some think all they do is axe the hell out of services and make crap route brandings Tongue

At least wait until there is some actual detailed info about the changes, you can only gather so much information from VOSA registrations.
(06 Jun 2016, 6:18 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Am I missing something here? Where are the complaints? Guessing elsewhere...

GNE Facebook page Smile
Durham Rd is closed at the junction of Belle Vue Bank and Beaconsfield Rd from 10pm to 6am this Saturday.

Guessing the 21 will divert along Kells Lane?
(06 Jun 2016, 6:18 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Because it's Go North East and some think all they do is axe the hell out of services and make crap route brandings Tongue

Heaven forbid if these service changes result in more minibuses joining the indiGo North Tyne brand...  Dodgy
(06 Jun 2016, 6:18 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Am I missing something here? Where are the complaints? Guessing elsewhere...

GNE Facebook page and a couple of enthusiast groups too. 

I'm not one to have favourite operators/companies/etc (they're all capitalists to me!), but you'd think it was the end of the world when it comes to Go North East making a few changes. Heck, if the 57 is going to Hadrian Park rather than the 58, as suggested in the VOSA changes, then that's an upgrade in my book.
What a surprise, same people....

No complaints about the recent Stagecoach changes or the upcoming Arriva ones....
(06 Jun 2016, 6:22 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Heaven forbid if these service changes result in more minibuses joining the indiGo North Tyne brand...  Dodgy

They aren't indigo, they are pink!!! Tongue