North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the topic of scholars service changes.

From September 2015, all scholars services for St Bedes Lanchester will be retimed to operate 5 minutes earlier throughout on the PM journeys only following alterations to the school day.
Go North East will be taking over the 880 and 882 from August.

EDIT: Forgot to post link. http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...ugust-2015
(10 Jul 2015, 4:24 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Go North East will be taking over the 880 and 882 from August.

EDIT: Forgot to post link. http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...ugust-2015

Puts this post into context, doesn't it?  Cool
(10 Jul 2015, 4:41 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Puts this post into context, doesn't it?  Cool

Haha - wonder where the MPDs will come from as there isn't much time to source them!

Or will it not be MPDs...?
(10 Jul 2015, 4:43 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Haha - wonder where the MPDs will come from as there isn't much time to source them!

Or will it not be MPDs...?

The older East Durham MPD's?
(10 Jul 2015, 4:49 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The older East Durham MPD's?

Aye I suppose but will the Solos be there soon enough?
(10 Jul 2015, 4:50 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Aye I suppose but will the Solos be there soon enough?

No idea, not sure when they're due.

Maybe the PVR will stay the same
(10 Jul 2015, 4:54 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]No idea, not sure when they're due.

Maybe the PVR will stay the same

The PVR at Hexham is increasing by one vehicle.
(10 Jul 2015, 4:56 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The PVR at Hexham is increasing by one vehicle.

Was going to edit my post to say that, i thought i read they were withdrawing the Tynedale Links 687 fully....

Probables gain 619 then, as this is the oldest MPD from Peterlee.
(10 Jul 2015, 5:00 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]i thought i read they were withdrawing the Tynedale Links 687 fully....

The revised 687 will not last long . . .
(10 Jul 2015, 4:56 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The PVR at Hexham is increasing by one vehicle.

So I'm guessing the 74/687 could interwork, and some journeys on the 74 have been retimed by 5 minutes so that the driver can stick with the same bus all day and have a 45 minutes break - for example:

74 - 0658 Hexham to Newcastle 0819
74 - 0835 Newcastle to Hexham 0958
687 - 1002 Hexham Bus Station to Corbridge Hill Street 1016
687 - 1017 Corbridge Hill Street to Hexham Bus Station 1031
74 - 1113 Hexham Bus Station to Newcastle 1434
74 - 1440 Newcastle to Hexham Bus Station 1603

Is Hexham in italics because it's not the only depot who will be operating the services?
(10 Jul 2015, 5:00 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Probables gain 619 then, as this is the oldest MPD from Peterlee.

You mean youngest? Tongue

536 is the oldest (along with the other 52 reg examples)
(10 Jul 2015, 5:16 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]You mean youngest? Tongue

536 is the oldest (along with the other 52 reg examples)

Ye haha, its being a long day!  Angel
(10 Jul 2015, 5:18 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ye haha, its being a long day!  Angel

And a long week! Thank god there is only 1 left.
(10 Jul 2015, 5:00 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Was going to edit my post to say that, i thought i read they were withdrawing the Tynedale Links 687 fully....

Probables gain 619 then, as this is the oldest MPD from Peterlee.

Will be 618 which transfers to Hexham once the Solo SRs arrive for Peterlee, as it had Seatbelts fitted at Thorntons a few weeks back.

I am rather curious as to what will happen with the 53reg MPDs at Peterlee once the Solos arrive, as I doubt these examples will be Withdrawn just yet, although saying that there no where else for them to go in the fleet to replace other Vehicles, unless GNE fancy replacing the 04reg Cadets at Washington.
(10 Jul 2015, 5:41 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Will be 618 which transfers to Hexham once the Solo SRs arrive for Peterlee, as it had Seatbelts fitted at Thorntons a few weeks back.

I am rather curious as to what will happen with the 53reg MPDs at Peterlee once the Solos arrive, as I doubt these examples will be Withdrawn just yet, although saying that there no where else for them to go in the fleet to replace other Vehicles, unless GNE fancy replacing the 04reg Cadets at Washington.

Care to place a wager on that statement? Tongue
(10 Jul 2015, 5:43 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Care to place a wager on that statement? Tongue

I 2 Caramel Freddos and 2 Packets of Beef Space Raiders.
http://www.simplygo.com/news/welcoming-t...ugust-2015

Date: 10 Jul 2015

From Monday 3 August we'll be welcoming the North Tyne Valley to the Tynedale Links bus network. So, hello to our new customers in Acomb, Chollerford, Humshaugh, Wark, Bellingham, Barrasford, Gunnerton and Colwell.

Tynedale Link 680

The 680 route links Bellingham, Wark, Humshaugh, Chollerford and Acomb to Hexham with buses running around every 2 hours, plus we’ll have a peak time service that continues to Newcastle with a return journey in the afternoon peak.

Tynedale Links 682

The 682 route links Colwell, Barrasford Park, Gunnerton, Barrasford and Acomb to Hexham and then continuing to Priestlands, Beaumont Park & Highford Park. Buses will run hourly from Acomb Village to Highford Park throughout the day.
(10 Jul 2015, 5:41 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Will be 618 which transfers to Hexham once the Solo SRs arrive for Peterlee, as it had Seatbelts fitted at Thorntons a few weeks back.

680 will be a full size bus operation, more than likely 5210.

The newer MPD at Peterlee will replace the oldest ones at Deptford (plus several MPD have already been withdrawn in advance of the Solo arriving = 524 540 543).
The new timetables for the Tynedale link changes have appeared online:

http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/tynedale-links

and for the X85 to - http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/tynedalexpress