North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(13 Sep 2014, 11:21 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]On VOSA today.

PB0003954/601 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between FLINT HILL, ROBSON TERRACE and LANCHESTER , ST BEDES CATHOLIC SCHOOL & COLLEGE given service number 825/828 effective from 09-Nov-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

First time ive seen one from VOSA on a saturday
(13 Sep 2014, 11:21 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]On VOSA today.

PB0003954/601 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between FLINT HILL, ROBSON TERRACE and LANCHESTER , ST BEDES CATHOLIC SCHOOL & COLLEGE given service number 825/828 effective from 09-Nov-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

YES! Hope that is the school taking in all of those complaints about the 825 in!
PB0003954/210 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Killingworth Bus Station and Seaton Burn College given service number 695 effective from 22-Sep-2014. To amend Timetable.

4. PB0003954/211 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between AnnitsFord Front Street and Seaton Burn HiCollege given service number 698 effective from 22-Sep-2014. To amend Timetable.

5. PB0003954/619 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: WIDE OPEN, TRAVELLER'S REST
Finish Point: GOSFORTH EAST MIDDLE SCHOOL
Via:
Service Number: 116
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 22-SEP-2014
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY SCHOOL DAYS ONLY
(21 Aug 2014, 3:25 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]PB0003954/614 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: SOUTH SHIELDS, CHURCH WAY
Finish Point: COBALT, THE SILVERLINK NORTH
Via:
Service Number: 919
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 13-OCT-2014
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY EXCEPT PUBLIC HOLIDAYS

Go Smarter Week North Tyneside at More Cobalt

We will be at Cobalt Central with a CityLink 58 bus and our giant Cobalt Connect 4 game from 11:30-14:30 tomorrow giving you all the bus info you need to get around.

We've got fast connections from Newcastle, Heworth, Gateshead, regular services from Ashington, Bedlington, Cramlington, North Shields, Wallsend and a brand NEW service DIRECT to South Shields coming soon!
GNE have post about the changes to services on 2nd November (No timetables yet)

http://www.simplygo.com/news/bus-service...ember-2014

Some really good changes 

Connections 4[Image: 2137.gif]

• There will be some changes to the timetable to improve reliability.

• Following passenger requests, we are pleased to announce the evening service is extended to Shiney Row, Bournmoor, Fence Houses and Houghton-le-Spring. This extension will run hourly into the evening on Monday to Saturday.

Lime 8
[Image: 1232.gif]
  • To improve access to employment and leisure facilities, most journeys on service 8 will run via Hylton Riverside Retail and Enterprise Parks, instead of Chester Road. This gives a fast, regular service from Sunderland City Centre to the shops and offices, as well as creating new direct links from Washington and County Durham.

• Some journeys will continue to run via Chester Road and will be numbered 8A.

• There will be changes to the times of some journeys because of this revised route.

Lime 78[Image: 1232.gif]
  • A small number of Monday to Friday journeys are retimed.

South Tyne 88/88A
  • A small number of Monday to Friday journeys are retimed to improve reliability.

Service M2, M2A, M3 and M3A
  • A small number of journeys are retimed to improve reliability.

• Due to low customer use the Saturday morning journey departing Concord at 0619 towards Heworth is withdrawn, and the journey departing Heworth at 0633 towards Ayton now commences at Concord at 0649. Customers can use Connections 4 between Concord and Heworth.

• These services will use a different number, but there is no change to the route. 

M2 becomes 82
    M2A becomes 82A
    M3 becomes 83
    M3A becomes 83A

Service W5 and W6
  • There are some changes to the timetable to improve reliability.

• These services will use a different number, but there is no change to the route. 

W5 becomes 85
    W6 becomes 86

Red Arrows X1[Image: 1285.gif]

• Due to low customer use the Saturday morning journey departing Houghton-le-Spring at 0541 is withdrawn. Customers travelling from Shiney Row to Washington will be able to use Connections 4 at 0543.

GNE have also uploaded the 919 timetable - http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/64945.14 
The changes to the 8 means the two lime service are now running quite different routes. With common sections been simply the main locations Stanley Bus Station - Chester Front Street - Sunderland Interchange. I wonder if they plan to keep both branded as 'lime'?
I do like the fact there making changes to an established service. I'm surprised the peak time X36's remain despite, the 8 operating the same route? Unless the idea is, that the peak time X36's will replace the 8's when certain journeys operate as 8A?

Great news the 4 is extended on evenings. Wonder if the compass/nexus 79 will be withdrawn then? On evenings anyways.
Few cut backs on Saturday mornings it seems. The renumbering of the former WSS services seems sensible, simple numbering is easier.
(17 Sep 2014, 3:58 pm)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]The changes to the 8 means the two lime service are now running quite different routes. With common sections been simply the main locations Stanley Bus Station - Chester Front Street - Sunderland Interchange. I wonder if they plan to keep both branded as 'lime'?
I do like the fact there making changes to an established service. I'm surprised the peak time X36's remain despite, the 8 operating the same route? Unless the idea is, that the peak time X36's will replace the 8's when certain journeys operate as 8A?

Great news the 4 is extended on evenings. Wonder if the compass/nexus 79 will be withdrawn then? On evenings anyways.
Few cut backs on Saturday mornings it seems. The renumbering of the former WSS services seems sensible, simple numbering is easier.

If you're in Park Lane at circa 0815, look out for the short X36 working... I see it most mornings, and you often see every single seat filled with a lot of standees too.
Often thought that the loadings needed to be evened out slightly, so it'll be good if an 8 runs the same way just at a slightly different time.
Fancy that.....the 4 is extended on an evening, lets hope it gets used!!
(17 Sep 2014, 4:12 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Fancy that.....the 4 is extended on an evening, lets hope it gets used!!

Andreos and the FPF (or whatever it is called) will be happy Tongue.
(17 Sep 2014, 3:58 pm)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]The changes to the 8 means the two lime service are now running quite different routes. With common sections been simply the main locations Stanley Bus Station - Chester Front Street - Sunderland Interchange. I wonder if they plan to keep both branded as 'lime'?

It might also mean the 8/8A will be ran so they interwork with the 78 being a lone route.

Not sure if they will retain the brand name when it gets new buses.
(17 Sep 2014, 4:02 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]If you're in Park Lane at circa 0815, look out for the short X36 working... I see it most mornings, and you often see every single seat filled with a lot of standees too.
Often thought that the loadings needed to be evened out slightly, so it'll be good if an 8 runs the same way just at a slightly different time.

It looks like it will

Maybe have the 8 between the X36, so theirs a bus every 15 minutes.

I also wonder if the 8 will run the 73 route to Hylton riverside retail, as it says:
most journeys on service 8 will run via Hylton Riverside Retail and Enterprise Parks, instead of Chester Road

Although it could mean it will turn off at the Hospital and go through Pallion etc,as Chester road is long... but i think it will do the 73 route.. 
Service 8 will run past b & q (trimdon st?), across the queen alex bridge and full route through hylton riverside. Buses will still interwork with 78 ( we've been told thats the plan), hence why the 78 is changing.
(17 Sep 2014, 8:29 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Service 8 will run past b & q (trimdon st?), across the queen alex bridge and full route through hylton riverside. Buses will still interwork with 78 ( we've been told thats the plan), hence why the 78 is changing.

Not far off then!

Surprised it is missing out the hospital though
(17 Sep 2014, 1:20 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]GNE have post about the changes to services on 2nd November (No timetables yet)

http://www.simplygo.com/news/bus-service...ember-2014

Some really good changes 

Connections 4[Image: 2137.gif]

• Following passenger requests, we are pleased to announce the evening service is extended to Shiney Row, Bournmoor, Fence Houses and Houghton-le-Spring. This extension will run hourly into the evening on Monday to Saturday.

Lime 8
[Image: 1232.gif]
  • To improve access to employment and leisure facilities, most journeys on service 8 will run via Hylton Riverside Retail and Enterprise Parks, instead of Chester Road. This gives a fast, regular service from Sunderland City Centre to the shops and offices, as well as creating new direct links from Washington and County Durham.

• Some journeys will continue to run via Chester Road and will be numbered 8A.

• There will be changes to the times of some journeys because of this revised route.

Lime 78[Image: 1232.gif]
  • A small number of Monday to Friday journeys are retimed.

South Tyne 88/88A
  • A small number of Monday to Friday journeys are retimed to improve reliability.

Service M2, M2A, M3 and M3A
  • A small number of journeys are retimed to improve reliability.

• Due to low customer use the Saturday morning journey departing Concord at 0619 towards Heworth is withdrawn, and the journey departing Heworth at 0633 towards Ayton now commences at Concord at 0649. Customers can use Connections 4 between Concord and Heworth.

M2 becomes 82
    M2A becomes 82A
    M3 becomes 83
    M3A becomes 83A

Service W5 and W6
  • There are some changes to the timetable to improve reliability.

W5 becomes 85
    W6 becomes 86

Red Arrows X1[Image: 1285.gif]

• Due to low customer use the Saturday morning journey departing Houghton-le-Spring at 0541 is withdrawn. Customers travelling from Shiney Row to Washington will be able to use Connections 4 at 0543.

GNE have also uploaded the 919 timetable - http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/64945.14 

Excellent news! Missed this earlier!
I'd love to see the 919 extended to operate throughout the day too.
(17 Sep 2014, 8:29 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Service 8 will run past b & q (trimdon st?), across the queen alex bridge and full route through hylton riverside. Buses will still interwork with 78 ( we've been told thats the plan), hence why the 78 is changing.

Even quicker during the day... mornings and afternoons might be a problem with the bridge.

Good to see them interwork
Stanley has to be one of most connected places in the North East.

Buses to Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Washington, Metrocentre, Consett, and Chester-le-Street with lots of little villages in-between.

As well as Hylton Riverside, you can also get the bus to Quorum.
Opps deleted my last post by accident, thinking it was something else i posted...

New timetables are now online for changes. 
On VOSA today

PB0002400/536 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Easington Lane Clock and St. Robert of Newminster R C High School given service number 454 effective from 29-Sep-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/413 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Blaydon, St Thomas Moore RC School and Whickham Broadway given service number 839 effective from 22-Sep-2014. To amend Timetable.
November changes are very positive, and it's certainly refreshing to see. The cynic in me would suggest the 8 changes may be in retaliation to losing the 73 to Gateshead Central Taxis. Aside from Teal Farm, I'd say it'll now be quite difficult for Nexus to justify securing that route in it's entirety.

One slight criticism would be that there appeared to be no consultation. I don't use GNE buses nearly as much as I used to, but I've certainly been on 8's and 4's numerous times a week. Consultation is always a good thing, and something that GNE have historically done very well (apart from the Metrolink consultation Smile).