North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19 Jan 2016, 7:20 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I thought you asked about Easington Lane - Hetton Wink.

From memory, there hasn't been owt secured, south of the clock for years. With the Co Durham border being just beyond the Queen Elisabeth Drive - I imagine anything secured will have been DCC contracts and they all ended a few years ago.

I can remember the 21A and 35/36 secured extensions, but they may have been the last.

I think the last bus service to use the section of road between easington lane and haswell was service 21a unless I think an independent operator stepped in as a 224 something like that, secured service
Campaign to extend bus route grinds to a halt

http://www.hexham-courant.co.uk/news/pru...91112e7-ds
MichaelCampaign to extend bus route grinds to a halt

http://www.hexham-courant.co.uk/news/pru...91112e7-ds

Unless GNE were willing to increase the PVR to 15 vehicles I believe, then it would be a no go. As unfortunate as it is, many operators are amalgamating traditional services into more frequent and combined services but with some drawbacks.

However and this is not a service suggestion but more from a business aspect, GNE could depending on passenger numbers run the Tyne Valley / West Gateshead network like this if passengers wanted a regular service back:

Monday to Saturday daytime:
- 10 in current form every 30 minutes (PVR of 6).
- 10A in current form every 30 minutes.
- 10B replacing current service 11 between Blackmill Mill and Blaydon and operating via the Metro Centre to Newcastle every 30 minutes (PVR of 10A and 10B should remain at 8 vehicles).
- 11 in near or exact former 604 guise every 30 minutes (PVR of 4 or 7 combined with the 96) but with new stopping arrangements in Newcastle if interworking with the 96. Buses would also run via Greenside Road rather than the Main Road.

Evenings and Sundays:
- Service 11 doesn't run and instead, service 10C runs but in the guise of the current 10B. Exactly the same PVR and frequencies as now.

Drawbacks include:
- Less frequent service between Prudhoe and Metrocentre despite faster travelling opportunities to Newcastle.
- Slower route for passengers between Blackhall Mill and Greenside travelling to Newcastle (via Metro Centre rather than Scotswood Road) which could put slightly more pressure on an already overstretched service 47.
- Less consistency.

Benefits include:
- Introduction of higher specification vehicles and more streamlined route may improve viability of the Blackhall Mill section of the route.
- If capacity was not to be an issue (not exactly sure of the loads taking into account the shared Ryton / Newcastle corridoor via Scotswood Road and Newcastle Business Park running up to every 15 minutes during peak times), service 11a could be withdrawn and instead, all peak time journeys provided by service 11 on a regular 30 minute timetable with the resources currently used on the current rota being used elsewhere.
- Potential evening and Sunday service introduced on new service 10B at a later date. Would mean the 10A reducing to 1x bus per hour throughout all evenings and Sundays.
(19 Jan 2016, 7:29 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]I think the last bus service to use the section of road between easington lane and haswell was service 21a unless I think an independent operator stepped in as a 224 something like that, secured service

I forgot about the ANE 21A. That must have been gone a few years now.
Can't remember the 224 at all.
(19 Jan 2016, 8:58 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I forgot about the ANE 21A. That must have been gone a few years now.
Can't remember the 224 at all.

I think it what replaced the 21a. There was 2 services in hetton area 224/225 I'm sure it was sherburn coaches using minibus
New timetables have appeared for the 74/680/682/683/687/688 times from 30 Jan 2016

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/74163.96

Edit: The changes seem to be extra runs on the 74, not sure if supported or GNE are funding them?
(20 Jan 2016, 5:50 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]New timetables have appeared for the 74/680/682/683/687/688 times from 30 Jan 2016

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/74163.96

Edit: The changes seem to be extra runs on the 74, not sure if supported or GNE are funding them?

2 extra Saturday Evening journeys, probs funded.
(20 Jan 2016, 6:03 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]2 extra Saturday Evening journeys, probs funded.

Seems i copied the wrong link...

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/75197.46
(20 Jan 2016, 6:03 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]2 extra Saturday Evening journeys, probs funded.

I agree, although Go North East may have taken them on commercially, since the funding was recently withdrawn. Not related to funding, but the journeys also run a little bit later than the previous Saturday evening NCC funded journeys, with the final bus departing Newcastle at 23:20, rather than 23:00, meaning we could see greater use?

Quick question - will these run off another service, by any chance, as the last 74 gets in to Hexham at 18:58 and wouldn't return back towards Newcastle until 19:50? From the timetable it looks like the 683 could be a possible candidate, as it terminates at Priestpopple (opposite Hexham Bus Station) at 19:37.

Edit: The route map and route information on the website needs a slight update, as it still shows "74A via Newcastle Airport and Kingston Park".
(21 Jan 2016, 11:22 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]A few new timetables online now. Effective from 28th February.

Service 4
http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durham/pdf/Fo.../GNE_4.pdf

Service 923
http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durham/pdf/Fo...NE_923.pdf

Service X7
http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durham/pdf/Fo...GNE_X7.pdf

The X7 timetable is a little confusing. It doesn't tell you anything much about where it goes between Sunderland and Peterlee. That one "council offices" point doesn't correspond with anything on the current timetable.
(21 Jan 2016, 12:25 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]The X7 timetable is a little confusing. It doesn't tell you anything much about where it goes between Sunderland and Peterlee. That one "council offices" point doesn't correspond with anything on the current timetable.
Is it changing route???

Seaham isn't mentioned...

Only thing I can take from that...Route modification perhaps and Council Offices means Easington Village or changing the way it goes through Seaham 😕
(21 Jan 2016, 12:25 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]The X7 timetable is a little confusing. It doesn't tell you anything much about where it goes between Sunderland and Peterlee. That one "council offices" point doesn't correspond with anything on the current timetable.

I know, I'm not so sure about how vague Council Offices is, where is the Council Offices for a start? The stops on the 4 timetable just look a bit weird. Hope Durham County Council don't continue to put the stops in like they are on the 4 timetable.
(21 Jan 2016, 12:29 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I know, I'm not so sure about how vague Council Offices is, where is the Council Offices for a start? The stops on the 4 timetable just look a bit weird. Hope Durham County Council don't continue to put the stops in like they are on the 4 timetable.

Well, "Council offices" appears to be the name of a couple of stops in Easington, on the B1283, Seaside lane. That would fit in with the timings.

Curious that there's no mention of Seaham, though.
(21 Jan 2016, 12:28 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Is it changing route???

Seaham isn't mentioned...

Only thing I can take from that...Route modification perhaps and Council Offices means Easington Village or changing the way it goes through Seaham ?

And I forgot to copy you in on my reply to Jimmi! It does seem odd. The overall times haven't changed. I've only caught the X7 Sunderland- P'lee the once and it was pretty busy around Seaham - it's the only fast bus anywhere that goes down the sea front and I can imagine a lot of annoyance if it stops going that way. It's where the shops are, for starters! There's already plenty of services go through the other way from both GNE and ANE.
(21 Jan 2016, 12:36 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Well, "Council offices" appears to be the name of a couple of stops in Easington, on the B1283, Seaside lane. That would fit in with the timings.

Curious that there's no mention of Seaham, though.
The "Council Offices" stop appears to be in Spectrum Business Park, so there appears to be no route change there. Perhaps Durham County Council have just missed Seaham off the timetable on Middlesbrough journeys for whatever reason as it still says "Seaham Interchange" on the Sunderland bound journeys.
74 change formally cleared by the TC today

PB0003954/466 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Hexham Bus Station and newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number 74 effective from 30-Jan-2016. To amend Timetable.
(21 Jan 2016, 1:21 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]The "Council Offices" stop appears to be in Spectrum Business Park, so there appears to be no route change there. Perhaps Durham County Council have just missed Seaham off the timetable on Middlesbrough journeys for whatever reason as it still says "Seaham Interchange" on the Sunderland bound journeys.

There are no changes to the route or timetable of the X7 service.

It will, however, additionally stop at Castlereagh Aged Miners Homes for East Shore Village, Seaham, following passenger requests. The only services which stop here at present are the hourly Go North East 238 and Arriva North East peak-time X22.
There is a short notice closure of South Shore Road in Gateshead, which will be in place until 6am on Monday 25 January.

Quaylink Q1 & Q2 - diverting away from the area and are unable to serve Gateshead College, Mill Road or Hawkes Road.
To travel to Gateshead College, passengers should use LOOP 93 from Gateshead Interchange, and LOOP 94 to return from the college.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by factors outside of our control.
(21 Jan 2016, 3:09 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]There are no changes to the route or timetable of the X7 service.

It will, however, additionally stop at Castlereagh Aged Miners Homes for East Shore Village, Seaham, following passenger requests. The only services which stop here at present are the hourly Go North East 238 and Arriva North East peak-time X22.
I personally think it should also stop at Woodland View, would be easier for me if I had to visit my mam at work...Though I dont think GNE would do something just to personally suit me [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]