North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(23 Jan 2015, 3:05 pm)gtom wrote [ -> ]You won't need to squeeze past shortly....wink wink nudge nudge

Not sure if that's a come on or not, but will take it as a not... Big Grin

Yellow lines, zigzags, and a change to the road narrowing I hope!
(23 Jan 2015, 3:32 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Not sure if that's a come on or not, but will take it as a not... Big Grin

Yellow lines, zigzags, and a change to the road narrowing I hope!

Haha. More likely the school will no longer be there to cause an issue. It's likely moving to Blackfell Way
(23 Jan 2015, 3:37 pm)gtom wrote [ -> ]Haha.  More likely the school will no longer be there to cause an issue. It's likely moving to Blackfell Way

So the initial fear was correct!
Canny sized site for redevelopment/housing to boost numbers in the new school too...
They may need to put the frequency back to 15mins to cope with numbers. 
I got on the 07:53 am 2C from Lambton to Sunderland this morning and it was packed heading into town with every seat taken and around 8 or 9 Standees, I can only imagine how bad this journey will be from Monday Morning using the Versas which 8 less seats (I think) than the Citaro, this will result in 16 to 18 Standees from next week, passengers will be like tinned sardines gasping for air, as I have said previously I really hope this is only a Temporary Measure until New Vehicles arrive in between March and May.
(23 Jan 2015, 5:31 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I got on the 07:53 am 2C from Lambton to Sunderland this morning and it was packed heading into town with every seat taken and around 8 or 9 Standees, I can only imagine how bad this journey will be from Monday Morning using the Versas which 8 less seats (I think) than the Citaro, this will result in 16 to 18 Standees from next week, passengers will be like tinned sardines gasping for air, as I have said previously I really hope this is only a Temporary Measure until New Vehicles arrive in between March and May.

The is less than eight seats difference. 
Changes to Service 34/34A at Chester-le-Street from Monday 26th January

http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...th-january

Also the new timetable has being uploaded for the 8 in the new style... it's branded as Lime. 

The 21 has had its new timetable uploaded, this is for changes around Newcastle, X21 has also had a new timetable uploaded
As we thought would happen with the 34a. No doubt the 34 will be unused towards chester from waldridge park and the 34a will be rammed. I can sense we'll be running in 2s all because the folk will not walk up the street!!!!!!
End of era it's goodbye 42 and hello 2. From 142 to 42 now we have  the 2!! Hopefully with all these changes I do hope each bus has the right colours on the correct roue
Saw the first 33A outside morrisons this morning I wonder what the loads were like on its first day
Saw the 82/82A a few times over the course of the day.
Mixed loads, but there were runs which were carrying decent numbers. I imagine the halving of frequency on the Birtley section, will see a pattern of consolidated loadings.
It appears the 82 goes to AND from Birtley, or it does according to the blinds of the ex London President and Cadet operating along Portobello Road at roughly 8.30 this morning.
(27 Jan 2015, 9:04 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]It appears the 82 goes to AND from Birtley, or it does according to the blinds of the ex London President and Cadet operating along Portobello Road at roughly 8.30 this morning.

The destinations at Washington have not been updated yet for the changes.  Are these not the current blinds?
(05 Jan 2015, 9:12 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Cheers.

(27 Jan 2015, 11:52 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]The destinations at Washington have not been updated yet for the changes.  Are these not the current blinds?
Yeah they are citaro5284, think Andreos1 is a week ahead of himself as the changes for the 82/83 isnt until this Sunday.
(27 Jan 2015, 11:52 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]The destinations at Washington have not been updated yet for the changes.  Are these not the current blinds?

Yes, week ahead of myself!

Whoops!

The comments yesterday, were all based on the changes being at the weekend.

Will get back into bed and emerge next Monday I think...
The 82 annoys me, they tend to use ex London Presidents at the least busiest times and use MPD's at the busiest times (e.g. 9:30). The cadet is perfect for the route though. And I also think it is pointless using Presidents on the 82 as most passengers are elderly and can't get up the stairs.
(27 Jan 2015, 3:01 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]The 82 annoys me, they tend to use ex London Presidents at the least busiest times and use MPD's at the busiest times (e.g. 9:30). The cadet is perfect for the route though. And I also think it is pointless using Presidents on the 82 as most passengers are elderly and can't get up the stairs.

They use the ex London Presidents because the Cadets are unreliable and crap. 
I have used the 20/20A services for two days now opposed to the old 35/35A and it does seem to be working well. I for one have not encountered a late daytime service, but there was a minor delay yesterday morning. Miss the Mercs, but aside from the interiors being a bit tatty, the Scanias are pretty good. Miles better than 4945/46 which tended to crop up regularly on the Scania boards of the 35 I used.
(27 Jan 2015, 3:04 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]They use the ex London Presidents because the Cadets are unreliable and crap. 

You have a good point their like
(27 Jan 2015, 3:04 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]They use the ex London Presidents because the Cadets are unreliable and crap. 

It's also somewhere local to put them between schools where it's easy to get them back off.
B0002400/537 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birtley, Lord Lawson School and St Robert of Newmister R C High School given service number 444 effective from 02-Feb-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/606 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Stanley Bus Station and Quorum Business Park given service number 794 effective from 02-Feb-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.