North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(31 Dec 2015, 2:58 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I don't think the X1 will be changing at all. 

The ques on a morning from the galleries to Newcastle are long, one thing they should do in increase the frequency on that part of the route but don't think they'll do that and just stick with a 10 min frequency through out the full route 

Dropping the frequency between Hetton and the galleries to accommodate the increase between the Galleries and Newcastle, won't work either... the full route should stay every 10 minutes.

It isn't just in a morning that the queues at the Galleries are long.

Whilst the runs south from the galleries out of peaks can be quiet, they seem to be intermittent. Haven't worked out why some are busy and others less so.

Trips between Hetton and Houghton in particular, can be very busy. Regardless of time of day.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the X1 being the quickest (regular) service between the two.
With the 35's being reduced from 10, to 20mins, the X1 appears to have picked up a lot of custom between those points.
Ditto short, local runs between Houghton and Herrington Burn - which has the alternative of a longer 35/36 or infrequent 38.

2mins may not be a lot on paper, but to take out a bus from a service that has frequent delays, could mean hanging around a lot longer than the regular 20mins+ waits I have experienced all too often.

Better management of the service between the Galleries and Gateshead in particular, would be my preference.
(31 Dec 2015, 2:58 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I don't think the X1 will be changing at all. 

The ques on a morning from the galleries to Newcastle are long, one thing they should do in increase the frequency on that part of the route but don't think they'll do that and just stick with a 10 min frequency through out the full route 

Dropping the frequency between Hetton and the galleries to accommodate the increase between the Galleries and Newcastle, won't work either... the full route should stay every 10 minutes.

If anything the X9/X10 will get new buses before the X1..... i think the B9's will be on the X1 for a couple of more years...

Bar the Pronto idea which has now been knocked on the head with the Streetdecks, the only other possible mainstream use that the B9s could see would be:

- Crusader (Only a very small number of journeys warrant deckers but would be handy for Metro replacements too).

- Stanley Network (Omnidekkas are fine and further changes may happen to the 6/X70/X71).

Could've mentioned the Coaster but will need to see how the 22 gets on. But for the meantime, I think the B9s are staying put for the next year but whether or not they get re-liveried, will tell whether or not theres going to be investment.

I think the TTX is a likely candidate but GNE might wait until the Scania E400MMC has been tried, thats if they do trial it.
(31 Dec 2015, 8:08 pm)park5354 wrote [ -> ]www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/documents/bus/A001-A002-A03-GNE-110116.pdf

Wonder if 563 will get Asda logos ????

Which depot operating this?
(31 Dec 2015, 8:29 pm)dannygee wrote [ -> ]Which depot operating this?

Percy Main.
(31 Dec 2015, 9:30 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Percy Main.

Do you know for certain this time?
(31 Dec 2015, 10:51 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Do you know for certain this time?

I was also wondering that. Believe there is a rule that states all information, if not confirmed, is clearly posted as speculation.
(31 Dec 2015, 10:53 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]I was also wondering that. Believe there is a rule that states all information, if not confirmed, is clearly posted as speculation.
There's also one that states to use the report button. Smile
(31 Dec 2015, 8:08 pm)park5354 wrote [ -> ]www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/documents/bus/A001-A002-A03-GNE-110116.pdf

Wonder if 563 will get Asda logos ????

Oooh, Phoenix must've lost the contract, a lot of the routes I THINK 563 is too big I think a slimline solo is needed especially for the A3.
Actually Phoenix had their large Solo on it on New Years Eve, and MPDs can easily fit around the route. If a bin wagon can do it, so can a MPD.
(01 Jan 2016, 1:37 am)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]Actually Phoenix had their large Solo on it on New Years Eve, and MPDs can easily fit around the route. If a bin wagon can do it, so can a MPD.

Thought they were the same thing. Wink
(31 Dec 2015, 10:51 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Do you know for certain this time?

Its the most logical depot to run it.
(01 Jan 2016, 8:06 am)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Its the most logical depot to run it.

Surely it's more logical to operate the service out of Riverside Depot?

The loss of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital contract would have resulted in the loss of two or three lines of work at Riverside Depot. It would therefore make more sense for the service to operate out of Riverside Depot, as this service would require at least one driver.

It's one thing comparing the mileage between a depot and the starting/ending point of the service, but there's also a lot more to consider.

Take this as speculation or confirmation - whatever you like...
To add to Dans comment, there is other things to take into consideration. For example for Phoenix, their Solo was occupied at either end of the service by operating on a school service. So the vehicle that is used may end up being used on some other misc workings.

I know fine well that Stanley depot actually operates a school service in North Shields!

Also the distance to Byker Asda from either Riverside or Percy Main depots are roughly the same at around 5 miles, it's effectively right bang smack in the middle of them.
Gne have only done a page for the changes to the X84/X85...

Do you not think they've left it late for the other services changing? Although its only timings but still.
(31 Dec 2015, 6:58 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Bar the Pronto idea which has now been knocked on the head with the Streetdecks, the only other possible mainstream use that the B9s could see would be:

- Crusader (Only a very small number of journeys warrant deckers but would be handy for Metro replacements too).

- Stanley Network (Omnidekkas are fine and further changes may happen to the 6/X70/X71).

Could've mentioned the Coaster but will need to see how the 22 gets on. But for the meantime, I think the B9s are staying put for the next year but whether or not they get re-liveried, will tell whether or not theres going to be investment.

I think the TTX is a likely candidate but GNE might wait until the Scania E400MMC has been tried, thats if they do trial it.

The Crusader on some runs are busy as out however i'm sure it was said a while that GNE want to avoid having 2 different types of buses a route. 

Like you said, having deckers on the route could help with metro replacement but come on Davey, we know that'll be every week so the full allocation can be deckers!  Wink

The TTX buses will probables be replaced soon so it doesnt end up like what happened to B7's.. loads of breakdowns etc.

I do hope we the Scania E400MMC in the NE.

Dont get me wrong Davey, i'm not disagreeing with you at all, i think you're right but just added stuff on. Smile
(31 Dec 2015, 3:42 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]Today there were, on average 2 to 3 passengers alighting and 2 to 3 catching each bus as it arrived.

I was there from 11:30 to 12:20, as my expected 687 connection to Corbridge failed to show @11:40 (nor @12:07), but this turned out to be because GNE were running a Saturday service!
I ended up catching the Acomb bus on its return (had I known that the 687 wasn't coming I would have taken the outgoing 682 and had a ride around Acomb).
Today (Saturday) I caught the 10:55 687 to ALDI (despite knowing that there would be no return to Corbridge @ 11:40) - there were about ten passengers aboard, most of whom continued to the centre of Hexham (or the railway station).

For the return trip, the 11:42 688 from ALDI was used by 4 passengers (including myself) to reach the bus station.
(02 Jan 2016, 1:04 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]The Crusader on some runs are busy as out however i'm sure it was said a while that GNE want to avoid having 2 different types of buses a route. 

Like you said, having deckers on the route could help with metro replacement but come on Davey, we know that'll be every week so the full allocation can be deckers!  Wink

The TTX buses will probables be replaced soon so it doesnt end up like what happened to B7's.. loads of breakdowns etc.

I do hope we the Scania E400MMC in the NE.

Dont get me wrong Davey, i'm not disagreeing with you at all, i think you're right but just added stuff on. Smile
Hehe, aye I think they'll be staying put now. I still don't know whether or not the Streetdeck will be purchased for the X10. The Streetdeck could go either two of these ways being:

- Proves to be a reliable (albeit a bit slow) workhorse on the X21 and more are subsequently ordered.

- Proves to be the worst deckers purchased since the Lolynes.

To be fair, 9119 although having a few teething issues with regards to the high performance setup needed for the TTX, hasn't actually performed too badly but the 2-3 year mark will tell whether or not they've proved themselves or turned out to be as bad as if not, worse than the Lolynes.

On another note, GNE would either have to upgrade the Crusader as a whole or stick with the Mercs and I think that they'll stick with the Mercs. I don't see the Coaster getting an upgrade at the moment and the same goes for the Stanley Network.

I think GNE have taken the decision to repaint them for now and wait until the next financial year (June) to see whether or not they're going to get newer stock before reapplying the Red Arrows livery but I personally don't think the Red Arrows will get anything now until at least 2018 for certain unless GNE need to shift more non DDA compliant deckers through OmniDekkas which I believe at the moment consists of 11x Lolynes and 8x Palatine IIs (7x of which can be replaced by the B7s from Crook which I'm led to believe are DDA compliant when the Streetdecks arrive).

Just going to sit back and see what happens now, no point in predicting. Only predicted with the Pronto what I thought was going to be a possibility but obviously cheaper to purchase 7x new deckers than what it would've been to purchase 16x new deckers despite the more widespead benefits.

Citaro / Dan 1 - Davey 0
Crusader needs to be sorted out e.g increase to every 15/20 mins instead upto 12 mins this would allow more time to recover at both ends but if GNE did add another route maybe xpress running along side 27 or to be more like QuaryLink and with proper dayticket more than 1 service to/from Shields to Newcastle.

Anyway I think Omnidekkas or buy omnicity dd would be prefect for 27 or upgrade.
(02 Jan 2016, 9:16 pm)Panasonic44 wrote [ -> ]Crusader needs to be sorted out e.g increase to every 15/20 mins instead upto 12 mins this would allow more time to recover at both ends but if GNE did add another route maybe xpress running along side 27 or to be more like QuaryLink and with proper dayticket more than 1 service to/from Shields to Newcastle.

Anyway I think Omnidekkas or buy omnicity dd would be prefect for 27 or upgrade.

I'd say if anything, they'd need to throw extra resource at the current 12 minute frequency, rather than cut it further. Baring in mind that it was originally cut from 10 to 12 minutes to improve reliability. It's still a busy route, especially given DB's inability to run a Metro system.