North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(26 Apr 2016, 1:18 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Possibly. Would make sense to have the same brand for same corridor. Similar to what they have done for the 5 & 50

Would be a good idea, especially when they'll be a service every 7/8 minutes combined with the 2/2A, running between Chester Road, City Centre, Grangetown and Tunstall Village.

I'm sure the people of the 34/34A won't mind having Scania's.... Tongue
(26 Apr 2016, 1:28 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Would be a good idea, especially when they'll be a service every 7/8 minutes combined with the 2/2A, running between Chester Road, City Centre, Grangetown and Tunstall Village.

I'm sure the people of the 34/34A won't mind having Scania's.... Tongue

If they're lucky, Scania's with wifi  Wink
I doubt the 34/34A services will be downgraded.
(26 Apr 2016, 2:14 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I doubt the 34/34A services will be downgraded.

With that being said - 3 to riverside (1 for 88) and one to remain at Deptford...  Big Grin
(26 Apr 2016, 2:14 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I doubt the 34/34A services will be downgraded.

Well there goes that plan.

If not Versa's for the 39 then Scania's from the Prince Bishops, once enough Streetlites are in service and they've been repainted.

I take it the 33 will be ran by B10's or Scania's?

--------------------

2 Versa's for the 18?
1 at Deptford as a spare
1 to Riverside.
I just love Michael's guessing games Tongue
(26 Apr 2016, 2:28 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I just love Michael's guessing games Tongue

Why don't you and Dan announce to other members on this forum what will be getting used on service 39 etc..., at least Michael is suggesting what could go on and he doesn't even work for GNE.
(26 Apr 2016, 2:28 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I just love Michael's guessing games Tongue

Might as well, as we aren't getting anything from you or Dan! Tongue
(26 Apr 2016, 2:17 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]With that being said - 3 to riverside (1 for 88) and one to remain at Deptford...  Big Grin

The Versa couldn't be used on the 88 even if it was branded for this purpose - one board on the 88 has a Misc Works portion which requires the capacity of a full size single deck, hence the allocation of a Scania L94.
(26 Apr 2016, 2:33 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Why don't you and Dan announce  to other members on this forum what will be getting used on service 39 etc..., at least Michael is suggesting what could go on and he doesn't even work for GNE.

As I dont know.....it has nothing to do with me, thats for a different department to decide.
Just to add, it seems daft having the 2/2A/39 on the same timetable when it looks like the 39 won't be using Versa's!
PB0002400/448 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Sunderland Park Lane Interchange given service number 135/136 effective from 22-May-2016. To amend Timetable.
(26 Apr 2016, 3:15 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]PB0002400/448 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Sunderland Park Lane Interchange given service number 135/136 effective from 22-May-2016. To amend Timetable.

Wonder what times are changing, as they only run hourly, changes the same day as the other Sunderland services, nothing was noted on the GNE changes page.

Noticed GNE haven't released they're loosing the 68 and the 93/94 are changing on the same day.
(26 Apr 2016, 2:37 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The Versa couldn't be used on the 88 even if it was branded for this purpose - one board on the 88 has a Misc Works portion which requires the capacity of a full size single deck, hence the allocation of a Scania L94.

And to further that, The reliability of most of the Versa's ( Repeat Offenders ) on the 88/88A has plummeted recently.

8294,8296,8298 and 8299 have been the only Versas used for daily service since I came back off holiday ( Saturday ) while 8295 returned to service 2 days ago ( albeit is in the worst shape of all of them now ) 8294 and 8299 have also had their Cooling Fans permanently turned on since moving to Riverside.

No sign of 8297,8300 or 8301 recently which makes me think there's big problems with them now, 8301 was in really poor condition when I last seen it around 2 and a half weeks ago.

Every day there's atleast 3 Scania L94UBs or on some days a mix of B10s and L94s on, Yes 1 is a allocated board but the other 2 arnt.

That makes me question whether there fit for a branded service, 8295 has been on and off the road for the past 4 weeks now with problems though I understand 1 of them weeks was for PSV.

EDIT : Feel free to move this post to the " Latest News and Discussion " thread if needed.
(26 Apr 2016, 3:14 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Just to add, it seems daft having the 2/2A/39 on the same timetable when it looks like the 39 won't be using Versa's!

That's just the VOSA timetable for when the service was being planned and registered.

I would imagine it would be easier to plan the coordinated 7/8 minute frequency if it was all on the same timetable.
(26 Apr 2016, 3:37 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]That's just the VOSA timetable for when the service was being planned and registered.

I would imagine it would be easier to plan the coordinated 7/8 minute frequency if it was all on the same timetable.

It is but i bet most people would be expecting a purple bus on the 39 if the timetable shows a picture of one.
(26 Apr 2016, 3:42 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]It is but i bet most people would be expecting a purple bus on the 39 if the timetable shows a picture of one.

But the 39 timetable won't show an image of a purple bus?

The timetable which has been uploaded to the website is the one which went to VOSA. When the company's commercial department were working on the changes, they would have wanted to see the 2 and the 39 timetable together so that they could provide the streamlined frequency.

I'm not sure what indication there has been to suggest that the actual published timetable will have the 2 and 39 on it?
(26 Apr 2016, 3:45 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]But the 39 timetable won't show an image of a purple bus?

The timetable which has been uploaded to the website is the one which went to VOSA. When the company's commercial department were working on the changes, they would have wanted to see the 2 and the 39 timetable together so that they could provide the streamlined frequency.

I'm not sure what indication there has been to suggest that the actual published timetable will have the 2 and 39 on it?

Oh right, oh well that's alright then!

The timetable which GNE uploaded, as now explained, was the one sent to VOSA, like myself, a few other members didn't know that the timetable uploaded was the one sent to VOSA, i always thought it was just a GNE temporary style for timetables.
(26 Apr 2016, 3:42 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]It is but i bet most people would be expecting a purple bus on the 39 if the timetable shows a picture of one.

Ha'way Michael, get a grip son!
(26 Apr 2016, 3:48 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Oh right, oh well that's alright then!

The timetable which GNE uploaded, as now explained it was the one sent to VOSA, like myself, a few other members didn't know that the timetable uploaded was the one sent to VOSA, i always thought it was just a GNE temporary style for timetables.

You love the VOSA website, man! I thought you of all people would have spotted the registration number at the top of the timetable! You copy and paste them enough...