North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(24 Nov 2014, 12:16 am)gtom wrote [ -> ]I do wonder at times if parts of this forum are too entrenched in blinkered defence of GNE. Mutual back slapping at risk?

Yes it's a difficult job to please everyone and customers can be unreasonable but that's life. GNE blanket fill in this form and you'll end up with a Buzz fare on your key card is frankly lazy

Just a view and not an attack. I enjoy this forum but people would do well to see things a lot more from the commuter paying a fortune as opposed to the enthusiast when considering GNE activities

I sometimes see it from a different angle.  Some members on here seem to have an agenda to attack GNE at every opportunity.  It looks like no matter what GNE do, there is always negative posts or comments, whilst I appreciate everyone cannot be pleased all the time, some people need to remember, it is a business.
Well I'm on 5284's side and I think GNE are far better tham Arriva. Yes they aren't perfect (a la Fab 56 and Angel) but they do try their best:

- Local and friendly Customer Services
- Some tickets good value
- Relatively modern fleet with appropriate vehicles
- Radio controlled in the event of breakdowns, bad weather and heavy traffic
- Many connections available
What must be said is that it would be nice if Go North East turned up to their own consultation! Had a quick walk round Park Lane and there doesn't seem to be anyone present...
(24 Nov 2014, 8:08 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]What must be said is that it would be nice if Go North East turned up to their own consultation! Had a quick walk round Park Lane and there doesn't seem to be anyone present...

Me too!

Can't see no one!
(24 Nov 2014, 8:08 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]What must be said is that it would be nice if Go North East turned up to their own consultation! Had a quick walk round Park Lane and there doesn't seem to be anyone present...

I wonder if the consultation team are waiting in Newcastle for one of those 56 buses that get regulated at Gateshead.
(24 Nov 2014, 8:31 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]I wonder if the consultation team are waiting in Newcastle for one of those 56 buses that get regulated at Gateshead.

Haha, well the roadworks are quite bad around Nissan so that's what they will say.

Either way... they've missed a lot of people because they didn't turn up at 8am...i left earlier than normal so i could go....  wasted my time.

Edit: the bloke who works for GNE at Galleries?, hes on the phone and he doesnt happy with buses not turning up.
@Citaro5284

Each and every person who posts on the companies social media pages and the majority of the members in here, are customers of the business.
Whilst I can't speak for everyone, I am pretty sure they don't go about putting the company down for the sake of it.
Some have experience 'from the inside', the majority don't. Either way, the decisions made by the company affect each and every one of those customers/stakeholders.

Whether it is their buses being curtailed for operating reasons, a service being reduced for financial reasons or a bus breaking down for mechanical reasons - they are entitled to a view, an opinion or a say.

Yes, the company is a business.
Without customers, there is no business. Some people need to remember that.

It's that vicious circle - annoy customers and (where possible), they go to the competition. They may learn to drive or look for alternatives. Those unlucky enough to remain - may see their service reduced due to low passenger numbers.
Those passenger numbers may not have reduced, if the company demonstrated more of an interest in them initially.
So wait, GNE haven't even turned up?! Who was it mentioned 'lazy' yesterday?!
In all seriousness thought, Dan had a point about an 8am start could have a chance to catch commuters but now this seems to have been lost. Have they arrived yet? I wonder if they stay til 4?
(24 Nov 2014, 9:45 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]@Citaro5284

Each and every person who posts on the companies social media pages and the majority of the members in here, are customers of the business.
Whilst I can't speak for everyone, I am pretty sure they don't go about putting the company down for the sake of it.
Some have experience 'from the inside', the majority don't. Either way, the decisions made by the company affect each and every one of those customers/stakeholders.

Whether it is their buses being curtailed for operating reasons, a service being reduced for financial reasons or a bus breaking down for mechanical reasons - they are entitled to a view, an opinion or a say.

Yes, the company is a business.
Without customers, there is no business. Some people need to remember that.

It's that vicious circle - annoy customers and (where possible), they go to the competition. They may learn to drive or look for alternatives. Those unlucky enough to remain - may see their service reduced due to low passenger numbers.
Those passenger numbers may not have reduced, if the company demonstrated more of an interest in them initially.

Well put Andreos. Especially the importance of customers. The industry is moving quickly towards a service sector (slower pace up here) but TFL are a great example of how to do it properly. Nexus and GNE are the opposite. Social media may be forcing the hand of this change but anything that puts poor service and poor attitudes under the spotlight is important.
There is someone at Park Lane doing a "consultation" according to a friend of mine. 20 going through to South Shields, 35 cut back to Sunderland and down to 15 minute frequency, X36 down to hourly through to Newcastle, the other terminated at Downhill. 99 cut to Seaburn to Townend Farm. Naturally he requested that the X3 is reinstated. ha ha.
What is their fascination with the 20 going to Shields?
They have put it forward a year a two ago and it was knocked back.
The service (and at the risk of starting the debate again) and vehicles, struggle as things are.

Maybe they should speak to punters in Houghton, Hetton and Durham - those who use the 20 and 35, yet don't always go to Park Lane...
(24 Nov 2014, 10:53 am)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]There is someone at Park Lane doing a "consultation" according to a friend of mine. 20 going through to South Shields, 35 cut back to Sunderland and down to 15 minute frequency, X36 down to hourly through to Newcastle, the other terminated at Downhill. 99 cut to Seaburn to Townend Farm. Naturally he requested that the X3 is reinstated. ha ha.

Bloody knew it!

I had a feeling the 20 to south shields would crop up again!

35 - surprised tbh, i thought it was doing ok, i hope they dont swap the 20 and 35 around.

Hmm, i know the X36 isn't used as well but wasn't expecting them to put it hourly to Newcastle....

99 - why don't they just withdraw it... how many times has it changed in the last couple of years?
(24 Nov 2014, 10:59 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]
What is their fascination with the 20 going to Shields?
They have put it forward a year a two ago and it was knocked back.
The service (and at the risk of starting the debate again) and vehicles, struggle as things are.

Maybe they should speak to punters in Houghton, Hetton and Durham - those who use the 20 and 35, yet don't always go to Park Lane...

Competition with Stagecoach maybe, as they operate most services in South Shields.
My view would be that sending the 20 to South Shields would be a reliability nightmare.
(24 Nov 2014, 11:00 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Bloody knew it!

I had a feeling the 20 to south shields would crop up again!

35 - surprised tbh, i thought it was doing ok, i hope they dont swap the 20 and 35 around.

Hmm, i know the X36 isn't used as well but wasn't expecting them to put it hourly to Newcastle....

99 - why don't they just withdraw it... how many times has it changed in the last couple of years?

The 20 to Shields, no thanks, would take forever as it stands, not sure about timing what kind of time would Durham-Sunderland-Shields take compared to the 50

Leave the 35 as it is, they have tinkered with it so much recently, pulled it from Moorsley to Houghton/Rainton Bridge, then later added Hetton/Moorsley back to the route...The 35 as it is has been there for donkeys years, going back to the 535/536 and probably before...

The X36, they should take a risk and extend 1/hour to Hartlepool, 6 month trial to start with going down the Coast...

Never seen the point of the 99...ever
(24 Nov 2014, 11:17 am)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]The 20 to Shields, no thanks, would take forever as it stands, not sure about timing what kind of time would Durham-Sunderland-Shields take compared to the 50

Leave the 35 as it is, they have tinkered with it so much recently, pulled it from Moorsley to Houghton/Rainton Bridge, then later added Hetton/Moorsley back to the route...The 35 as it is has been there for donkeys years, going back to the 535/536 and probably before...

The X36, they should take a risk and extend 1/hour to Hartlepool, 6 month trial to start with going down the Coast...

Never seen the point of the 99...ever

The more you change a route, the more you put people of so I agree with your comments on the 35.

99: if people use it, then there is a point to it.
(24 Nov 2014, 11:19 am)Scott wrote [ -> ]The more you change a route, the more you put people of so I agree with your comments on the 35.

99: if people use it, then there is a point to it.
Everytime I seen the 99 it is carrying fresh air
I went to the GNE stall at park lane, no consultation leaflets, you have to ask, their did mention that their propose to extend the 2a 2c to silksworth and in turn to replace service 42.
(24 Nov 2014, 11:31 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]I went to the GNE stall at park lane, no consultation leaflets, you have to ask, their did mention that their propose to extend the 2a 2c to silksworth and in turn to replace service 42.
In my little Mista Fozz dreamworld that I have been known to live in, I wanted the 2A/C extended to Murton replacimg the 61 lmao...Then I could enjoy Mercs all week long instead of just a Sunday Tongue
There is someone at Park Lane doing a "consultation" according to a friend of mine. 20 going through to South Shields, 35 cut back to Sunderland and down to 15 minute frequency, X36 down to hourly through to Newcastle, the other terminated at Downhill. 99 cut to Seaburn to Townend Farm. Naturally he requested that the X3 is reinstated. ha ha.
I imagine part of the reason for extending the 20 to South Shields will be to get people who want to spend a day at the seaside who live in the Durham area, I do imagine a decline in the reliability, if this does happen I'd hope to be proven wrong but the longer the route the worse it seems to be, wonder if it would be more reliable than the 50 is.

Despite comments on here saying that the X36 does rather well, everytime I've seen/rode this service it hasn't had many passengers onboard, especially at the Newcastle end of the route so I'm not surprised of the prospect of it going down to hourly to Newcastle.