North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New timetable for the X81/185/681 - on the 25th March - http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/76354.98

Changes are inline with the AD122 starting, 185 extended to Birdoswald Roman Fort

The new timetable shows the new SOLO Sr's.
17th April Changes

http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...m-17-april

• The 45, 46 and 47 services will be ran by both single and double-deck buses. 
(24 Mar 2016, 4:18 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]17th April Changes

Confirms that the 45/46/47 will be interworking, too.
(18 Mar 2016, 5:37 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Scholars service 822 will be changed to run non-stop from Consett to Lanchester St Bede's (or at least to Leadgate), missing out Sherburn Terrace.

Full school bus changes are below:

- 822 will operate non-stop from Consett Bus Station to St Bede's. It will not stop at Sherburn Terrace. 
- 819 will omit Consett Bus Station, to provide extra capacity for students on Sherburn Terrace.

Could this change and the retiming of the X78 (which runs onto the AM 822) be connected?
Hate it when they say timetable revised and offer no details especially with the Angel.

It normally means stealth cuts
"The weekday journey at 8.05am from Stanley is revised to run in school holidays only"

I currently get this journey from Lanchester and its usually full, I originally got the 8:35 departur e(which was always later, thus missing the connecting X30 to Newcastle) for some time after the original changes. 

I really hope they've retimed the 8:35 to include it getting stuck at St Bedes every morning
(24 Mar 2016, 5:35 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Hate it when they say timetable revised and offer no details  especially with the Angel.

It normally means stealth cuts

Like the following? It seems to me the 82/A is seeing a reduction in frequency around Vigo and Barley Mow.

• Alternate Sunday journeys run as service 82B, which additionally serve Harraton and Rickleton, omitting The Drive, Windemere and Dunvegan.
(24 Mar 2016, 6:39 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Like the following? It seems to me the 82/A is seeing a reduction in frequency around Vigo and Barley Mow.

And they tell you about the changes but wait to put times in.
(24 Mar 2016, 6:43 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]And they tell you about the changes but wait to put times in.

Would love to know which side of the clock is missing the estates out and which isn't.
(24 Mar 2016, 6:58 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Would love to know which side of the clock is missing the estates out and which isn't.

Not 100% sure if i read this on the forum or if it was discussed at depot level, service 50 on eves/sunday was to follow daytime route (past nissan & serving ayton again, therefore could the 82B be replacing the 50a between washington, harraton & rickleton?
And in reality contracts are agreed with nexus. So who takes the blame if estates only see a 2hr service?
What will the long term strategy be for the 45/46/47 then in terms of allocations? Will GNE decide to go with Single Decks across the board or try and push growth for double decks?
(24 Mar 2016, 7:47 pm)wise owl wrote [ -> ]Not 100% sure if i read this on the forum or if it was discussed at depot level, service 50 on eves/sunday was to follow daytime route (past nissan & serving ayton again, therefore could the 82B be replacing the 50a between washington, harraton & rickleton?
And in reality contracts are agreed with nexus. So who takes the blame if estates only see a 2hr service?

On the link posted earlier with the changes on:

Whey Aye Five-O 50 

Service retimed to improve reliability, and diverted via Ayton to re-instate service in this area following passenger requests. 
Sunday daytime service now runs as normal service 50, with passengers from Rickleton being able to travel on new service 82B.
(24 Mar 2016, 7:53 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]On the link posted earlier with the changes on:

Whey Aye Five-O 50 

Service retimed to improve reliability, and diverted via Ayton to re-instate service in this area following passenger requests. 
Sunday daytime service now runs as normal service 50, with passengers from Rickleton being able to travel on new service 82B.

That says to me that the 82b will operate every hour.
(24 Mar 2016, 7:52 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]What will the long term strategy be for the 45/46/47 then in terms of allocations? Will GNE decide to go with Single Decks across the board or try and push growth for double decks?

For the time being, it seems GNE are using both Single/deckers on the Red Kite services as it says:

The 45, 46 and 47 services will be ran by both single and double-deck buses.
(24 Mar 2016, 7:57 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]For the time being, it seems GNE are using both Single/deckers on the Red Kite services as it says:

The 45, 46 and 47 services will be ran by both single and double-deck buses.
It'll work well because some journeys from the metro leave with standees on 45/46s.
(24 Mar 2016, 4:18 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]17th April Changes

• The 45, 46 and 47 services will be ran by both single and double-deck buses. 
It's getting a bit repetitive with the 50. It'd be nice for a route to be chosen and stuck to, rather than constantly faffing on whether it'll serve Ayton or not.

I don't think the mixed allocation and interworking on the Red Kites is a good idea either. A standard was given to the 45/46 that they'd have eLeather seating, Next stop and plug sockets. There's now a chance they won't receive that level of service, unless the B9TLs are retrofitted.

The timing changes for reliability are obviously welcome, and hopefully it works out to improve the service for those users.
So Barley Mow has no sunday service at all? Thanks....
(24 Mar 2016, 8:11 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]It's getting a bit repetitive with the 50. It'd be nice for a route to be chosen and stuck to, rather than constantly faffing on whether it'll serve Ayton or not.

I don't think the mixed allocation and interworking on the Red Kites is a good idea either. A standard was given to the 45/46 that they'd have eLeather seating, Next stop and plug sockets. There's now a chance they won't receive that level of service, unless the B9TLs are retrofitted.

The timing changes for reliability are obviously welcome, and hopefully it works out to improve the service for those users.

B9s are recieving usb sockets and nsa as mentioned by dan.
(24 Mar 2016, 8:11 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]It's getting a bit repetitive with the 50. It'd be nice for a route to be chosen and stuck to, rather than constantly faffing on whether it'll serve Ayton or not.

Lets hope these changes to the 50 work, the 50A will be dropped to on a Evening/Sunday

Ye, i don't think the Red Kites mixed allocations will work either.. Hopefully as mentioned, they'll get retrofitted, if not no doubt some will complain..
I think it would have been the perfect opportunity to renumber service 5 to 50A, just to keep the service number in some way consistent with the brand. At the moment, it will only meet the 'Whey Aye Five' part of the brand. I appreciate it won't make a massive difference to customers, but I just thought something like that would have been quite nice.