North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went back and couldn't find anything for the 353 but it has a new timetable from 03/01/2016:

http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...030116.pdf - looks like timing changes to improve reliability.

If it's already been reported then can a admin remove it?
(27 Dec 2015, 7:12 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Went back and couldn't find anything for the 353 but it has a new timetable from 03/01/2016:

The route certainly doesn't seem to have been changed, but from what I have found:

Monday to Friday - towards Killingworth and Four Lane Ends
  • The 0653 from Wideopen will depart at 0648, arriving Four Lane Ends at 0719, instead of 0724.
  • The 0730 from Kingston Park Shops will depart at 0720, arriving Four Lane Ends at 0817, instead of 0824.
  • An extra three minutes has been added to the journey times of the 1530 and 1630 departures from Kingston Park.
  • The 1730 and 1830 departures from Kingston Park now depart at 1735 and 1835, with an extra three minutes added to the running time.
  • Journeys between 1930 and 2230 departing from Kingston Park towards Four Lane Ends will depart Kingston Park at the same time as the previous timetable, but now have an extra three minutes added to the running time.

Monday to Friday - towards Wideopen, Airport and Kingston Park
  • The journey departing Four Lane Ends at 0733, arriving Kingston Park at 0819, now departs 0722, arriving at 0819.
  • The journey departing Four Lane Ends at 0833, arriving Kingston Park at 0927, now departs 0827, arriving at 0924.
  • Journeys departing Four Lane Ends between 0933 and 1531 will now depart two minutes later, and have had one minute added to the running time.
  • The 1633 and 1733 journeys from Four Lane Ends towards Kingston Park now depart at 1636 and 1736 respectively, and have had four minutes added to the running time.
  • Journeys departing Four Lane Ends between 1833 and 2233 will depart Four Lane Ends at the same time, but arrive at Kingston Park two minutes later than the previous timetable.

Saturday and Sunday
  • There are no changes, that I've noticed anyway? However, I do find it odd that the Monday to Friday evening journeys have had two or three minutes added to the running time, whereas those on Saturday and Sunday have not. The 353 is always quite quiet whenever I've seen it, especially later journeys.
The point to point timings look rather 'funky' too. Compare the evenings against the daytime and there's a fair few places which get comparatively greater time during evening periods. That is most odd indeed.
(30 Dec 2015, 9:43 am)JakeSavage wrote [ -> ]The point to point timings look rather 'funky' too. Compare the evenings against the daytime and there's a fair few places which get comparatively greater time during evening periods. That is most odd indeed.

A lot of Nexus timetables are very tight with little room to complensate for delay. I can't imagine the final journey on a Tuesday to be busy enough to justify three minutes extra in comparison to the last journey on a Saturday or Sunday. Very odd!
(30 Dec 2015, 9:43 am)JakeSavage wrote [ -> ]The point to point timings look rather 'funky' too. Compare the evenings against the daytime and there's a fair few places which get comparatively greater time during evening periods. That is most odd indeed.

It'd accommodate for the mass of traffic past the Long Benton site when people are leaving work I'd guess? Given that it's only for a 2 hour period.
Which routes are GNE going to look at next to change or add extra services in?

North Tyneside? Northumberland? Mainly Percy Main depot workings?
(30 Dec 2015, 4:01 pm)dannygee wrote [ -> ]Which routes are GNE going to look at next to change or add extra services in?

North Tyneside? Northumberland? Mainly Percy Main depot workings?
My prediction would be the North Tyneside or Northumberland areas when the Solo SR's arrive for the North Tyne Links & Tynedale Links.
(30 Dec 2015, 4:07 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]My prediction would be the North Tyneside or Northumberland areas when the Solo SR's arrive for the North Tyne Links & Tynedale Links.

I'd agree with North Tyneside, but Northumberland has just been done, with the addition of Haugh Lane Aldi to the timetable of some of the Hexham services.
(30 Dec 2015, 4:09 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]I'd agree with North Tyneside, but Northumberland has just been done, with the addition of Haugh Lane Aldi to the timetable of some of the Hexham services.

I enjoy the facility of the ALDI service - not only can I catch a bus to ALDI, but I can also get from ALDI back to the bus station.
(30 Dec 2015, 4:57 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]I enjoy the facility of the ALDI service - not only can I catch a bus to ALDI, but I can also get from ALDI back to the bus station.

It certainly seems like a very useful provision. I'm rarely in the area, but how are you finding loadings? Is it being very well used?
(30 Dec 2015, 5:01 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]It certainly seems like a very useful provision. I'm rarely in the area, but how are you finding loadings? Is it being very well used?

Difficult to assess, as the buses are 'through' buses that stop there to and from their various destinations.

I don't see long queues waiting, but there again I never have to wait long before a bus arrives to take me where I want to go (although half of the buses are heading off to other destinations).

The biggest problem is the rush-hour traffic (yes, even in Hexham) around 5pm which interferes with buses that have to do the return journey to and from Alemouth Road within their normal route (which would otherwise just continue along Station Road).
PB0002400/380 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Easington Lane, High Street and Easington Lane, High StreetNewcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X1 effective from 28-Feb-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/380 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Easington Lane, High Street and Easington Lane, High StreetNewcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X1 effective from 28-Feb-2016.
To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/411 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Langley Park, Stringer Terrace and Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X25 effective from 04-Jan-2016. To amend Route.

PB0002400/419 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Houton Le Spring the Broadway and Heworth Metro given service number 4 effective from 28-Feb-2016. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/422 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between peterlee Bus Station and Rainton Bridge NPower given service number 923 effective from 28-Feb-2016. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/434 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Heworth Metro and Rainton Bridge, Npower given service number 922 effective from 28-Feb-2016.

PB0002400/435 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station and Rainton Bridge, Npower given service number 921 effective from 28-Feb-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/442 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X36 effective from 04-Jan-2016. To amend Route.

PB0002400/458 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Bishop Auckland Bus Station and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X21 effective from 04-Jan-2016. To amend Route.

PB0002400/484 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange and Peterlee Bus Station given service number X7 effective from 28-Feb-2016. To amend Stopping Places.

PB0003954/31 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Newcastle Eldon Sq and Middlesborough BS given service number X10/X9 effective from 04-Jan-2016. To amend Route.
(31 Dec 2015, 11:56 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]PB0002400/380 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Easington Lane, High Street and Easington Lane, High StreetNewcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X1 effective from 28-Feb-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

Variation Accepted: Operating between Easington Lane, High Street and Easington Lane, High StreetNewcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X1 effective from 28-Feb-2016.

Something tells me that GNE are lowering the PVR of the X1.
(31 Dec 2015, 1:38 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Something tells me that GNE are lowering the PVR of the X1.

As mentioned previously; from 3rd January 2016, the nPower supported evening journeys withdrawn on service 201 (20:15 from Bracken Hill on Monday - Friday and 18:15 from Bracken Hill on Saturdays) and X35 (20:27 from Peterlee on Monday to Friday).

It is clear that nPower are withdrawing some of their support for some bus services; indeed, JP6004 has already mentioned changes relating to services 921/922 here. I'd suggest that changes will be made to services 4 and X1 to coincide with these changes, given that services X1 and 921 and 4 and 922 currently interwork.

Perhaps provisions could be made to divert certain journeys via npower - giving npower employees an alternative to having to connect at Houghton-le-Spring?
(31 Dec 2015, 11:56 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]PB0002400/380 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

PB0002400/411 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Langley Park, Stringer Terrace and Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X25 effective from 04-Jan-2016. To amend Route.

PB0002400/419 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Houton Le Spring the Broadway and Heworth Metro given service number 4 effective from 28-Feb-2016. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/422 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between peterlee Bus Station and Rainton Bridge NPower given service number 923 effective from 28-Feb-2016. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/434 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Heworth Metro and Rainton Bridge, Npower given service number 922 effective from 28-Feb-2016.

PB0002400/435 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station and Rainton Bridge, Npower given service number 921 effective from 28-Feb-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/442 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X36 effective from 04-Jan-2016. To amend Route.

PB0002400/458 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Bishop Auckland Bus Station and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X21 effective from 04-Jan-2016. To amend Route.

PB0002400/484 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange and Peterlee Bus Station given service number X7 effective from 28-Feb-2016. To amend Stopping Places.

PB0003954/31 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Newcastle Eldon Sq and Middlesborough BS given service number X10/X9 effective from 04-Jan-2016. To amend Route.

This looks interesting.
(31 Dec 2015, 1:38 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Something tells me that GNE are lowering the PVR of the X1.

Same, with 6001 having Adverts and 6004 not every 12 should be enough still.
(31 Dec 2015, 2:13 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]This looks interesting.

It wouldn't be the first time additional stops have been added to service X7, following passenger requests.

(31 Dec 2015, 2:13 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Same, with 6001 having Adverts and 6004 not every 12 should be enough still.

There isn't an unlimited supply of advertisement boards in the fleet. The ones on the ex-Brighton & Hove Scania OmniDekkas came from Dennis Tridents which were due to be withdrawn.

If there's none spare at the moment, the Volvo B9s undergoing repaint would not be able to gain any advertisement boards. Besides; surely if there was a decrease in the PVR, it would result in 3943 no longer forming part of the PVR?
(31 Dec 2015, 2:29 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It wouldn't be the first time additional stops have been added to service X7, following passenger requests.

There isn't an unlimited supply of advertisement boards in the fleet. The ones on the ex-Brighton & Hove Scania OmniDekkas came from Dennis Tridents which were due to be withdrawn.

If there's none spare at the moment, the Volvo B9s undergoing repaint would not be able to gain any advertisement boards. Besides; surely if there was a decrease in the PVR, it would result in 3943 no longer forming part of the PVR?

I think the PVR will most likely drop given that they've dropped the PVR of the 56 and 27 whilst not being perfect, has ironed out most reliability issues.
(31 Dec 2015, 2:29 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It wouldn't be the first time additional stops have been added to service X7, following passenger requests.

I don't think the X1 will be changing at all. 

The ques on a morning from the galleries to Newcastle are long, one thing they should do in increase the frequency on that part of the route but don't think they'll do that and just stick with a 10 min frequency through out the full route 

Dropping the frequency between Hetton and the galleries to accommodate the increase between the Galleries and Newcastle, won't work either... the full route should stay every 10 minutes.

If anything the X9/X10 will get new buses before the X1..... i think the B9's will be on the X1 for a couple of more years...
(31 Dec 2015, 1:41 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]As mentioned previously; from 3rd January 2016, the nPower supported evening journeys withdrawn on service 201 (20:15 from Bracken Hill on Monday - Friday and 18:15 from Bracken Hill on Saturdays) and X35 (20:27 from Peterlee on Monday to Friday).

It is clear that nPower are withdrawing some of their support for some bus services; indeed, JP6004 has already mentioned changes relating to services 921/922 here. I'd suggest that changes will be made to services 4 and X1 to coincide with these changes, given that services X1 and 921 and 4 and 922 currently interwork.

Perhaps provisions could be made to divert certain journeys via npower - giving npower employees an alternative to having to connect at Houghton-le-Spring?
I believe some of the timetable amendments will be to make the X1 run a few mins later after 6pm; as some people travelling from Rainton at 6pm would miss the connection with the X1.
(30 Dec 2015, 6:29 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]Difficult to assess, as the buses are 'through' buses that stop there to and from their various destinations.

I don't see long queues waiting, but there again I never have to wait long before a bus arrives to take me where I want to go (although half of the buses are heading off to other destinations).

The biggest problem is the rush-hour traffic (yes, even in Hexham) around 5pm which interferes with buses that have to do the return journey to and from Alemouth Road within their normal route (which would otherwise just continue along Station Road).

Today there were, on average 2 to 3 passengers alighting and 2 to 3 catching each bus as it arrived.

I was there from 11:30 to 12:20, as my expected 687 connection to Corbridge failed to show @11:40 (nor @12:07), but this turned out to be because GNE were running a Saturday service!
I ended up catching the Acomb bus on its return (had I known that the 687 wasn't coming I would have taken the outgoing 682 and had a ride around Acomb).

The 11:40/12:07 687 run is, I believe, run by Venture Solo (which, presumably, doesn't run on Saturdays . . . ).