North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, DanP will still have a chance to get 4935 on the 88 if he hasnt already Smile
PB0002400/307 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Parkside Heathway given service number 60 effective from 22-May-2016. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/596 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Durham Railway Station
Finish Point: Chester-Le-Street, Emirates Durham International Cricket Ground
Via:
Service Number: 500
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 27-MAY-2016
Other Details: To run daily from Friday 27th May 2016 until Tuesday 31st May 2016 for the England versu Sri Lanka Investec Test Series Cricket

PB0002400/597 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Lambton Park
Finish Point: Chester-Le-Street, Emirates Durham International Cricket Ground
Via:
Service Number: 501
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 27-MAY-2016
Other Details: To run daily from Friday 27th May 2016 until Tuesday 31st May 2016 for the England versu Sri Lanka Investec Test Series Cricket
PB0002400/288 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange and Hartlepool, Marina Way given service number X35 effective from 05-Jun-2016. To amend Timetable.

Changes within 2 weeks of each other first change is on the 22nd May, both are - To amend Timetable.
When the Streetlites enter service at Deptford, could they end up being used for some normal Fab 56 runs as well as the N56 during the evenings and depending whats on (football, good weather etc), Sundays?
(22 Apr 2016, 4:04 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]When the Streetlites enter service at Deptford, could they end up being used for some normal Fab 56 runs as well as the N56 during the evenings and depending whats on (football, good weather etc), Sundays?

Knowing my luck the two spare's will be on the majority of the time.
(22 Apr 2016, 4:04 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]When the Streetlites enter service at Deptford, could they end up being used for some normal Fab 56 runs as well as the N56 during the evenings and depending whats on (football, good weather etc), Sundays?

Yes, the N56 will be operated by the two red spare Streetlites.

They'll have the Next Stop Announcements programmed for the daytime 56 too, but I doubt it will be a regular allocation as the two red Volvo B9TLs are usually sufficient.

They won't have the announcements programmed for the Drifter just yet, but I imagine they will be allocated to service 60 a fair bit, if a branded vehicle is unavailable and the Streetlite isn't needed on the 20.
(22 Apr 2016, 4:06 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yes, the N56 will be operated by the two red spare Streetlites.

They'll have the Next Stop Announcements programmed for the daytime 56 too, but I doubt it will be a regular allocation as the two red Volvo B9TLs are usually sufficient.

They won't have the announcements programmed for the Drifter just yet, but I imagine they will be allocated to service 60 a fair bit, if a branded vehicle is unavailable and the Streetlite isn't needed on the 20.

I don't agree with brand dilution but if given that the PVR of the Fab 56 stands at 5 vehicles during the evenings for instance, could GNE not end up allocating the 2x red Streetlites on a regular basis (every evening if available) given that they're the same specification (including e-leather seating) to save on fuel costs vs a heavy duty B9TL?
(22 Apr 2016, 6:24 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]I don't agree with brand dilution but if given that the PVR of the Fab 56 stands at 5 vehicles during the evenings for instance, could GNE not end up allocating the 2x red Streetlites on a regular basis (every evening if available) given that they're the same specification (including e-leather seating) to save on fuel costs vs a heavy duty B9TL?

No - as you say, it would dilute the brand. The only journey on service 56 which should be operated by a red Streetlite is the one which runs onto the N56 service.
Hopefully changes are put online this week, as its now less than a month until they come in to force.
(25 Apr 2016, 9:16 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Hopefully changes are put online this week, as its now less than a month until they come in to force.

New timetables are now going online for the Sunderland changes.

Currently in the black and white format.

------------

One surprise in the changes is the 38 dropping to hourly (combined between Park Lane and Hollycarrside Hewitt Avenue half hourly with the 238)

X36 dropping to hourly, no surprise tbh.

2/2A - now half hourly (every 15 minutes combined) - 39 is now part of the timetable. 

33 - every 15 minutes between: Sunderland Fawcett Street - Vicarage Estate Church View - half hourly to the docks.

61 - back to half hourly on Sundays
(25 Apr 2016, 10:18 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]New timetables are now going online for the Sunderland changes.

Is the timetables only showing rectangles for anyone else? Just looked at the 2/39 and 8/8A and 9 timetables and this is what I could see:
[Image: 87d81ed67a29f3137c8356e43fc09a0b.jpg]
(25 Apr 2016, 10:29 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Is the timetables only showing rectangles for anyone else? Just looked at the 2/39 and 8/8A and 9 timetables and this is what I could see:
[Image: 87d81ed67a29f3137c8356e43fc09a0b.jpg]

Working alright for me, it might be the PDF thing.

Not sure though
(25 Apr 2016, 10:18 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]New timetables are now going online for the Sunderland changes.

------------

One surprise in the changes is the 38 dropping to hourly (combined between Park Lane and Hollycarrside Hewitt Avenue half hourly with the 238)

X36 dropping to hourly, no surprise tbh.

2/2A - now half hourly (every 15 minutes combined) - 39 is now part of the timetable. 

33 - every 15 minutes between: Sunderland Fawcett Street - Vicarage Estate Church View - half hourly to the docks.

61 - back to half hourly on Sundays

Full details:

http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...ay-22-may/

--------------

Might of got these right, not sure:

Sunderland PVR’s from 22nd May

2/2A – 10 PVR
33 – 3 PVR
35/36 – 13 PVR
38/238 – 4 PVR
X36 – 2 PVR

Rest remain the same.
(25 Apr 2016, 10:55 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Full details:

http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...ay-22-may/

Wonder if the Versa's left spare from the reduction in service on the 2, will see use on the 39?

I haven't looked at the PVR, but if they are apreparing on the same timetable...

Interesting to see the North Sunderland changes happening- again.
When will they crack it?
(25 Apr 2016, 11:45 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Wonder if the Versa's left spare from the reduction in service on the 2, will see use on the 39?

I haven't looked at the PVR, but if they are apreparing on the same timetable...

Interesting to see the North Sunderland changes happening- again.
When will they crack it?

Won't be enough, the 39 will need 7 buses, in total 17 Versa's could be needed..... unless they take the ones from the 34/34A to make up the PVR however my bet will be Scania's from the 20/20A ONCE the streetlites enter service, will go on the 39. 

The Versa's could go on the 33, if I've got the PVR right or they could also be used as spares. 

The Spare Citaro(s) - 1 stays at Deptford for the 35/36/60, 1 to Washington or Riverside.

MPD's stay on the 38/238

X36 dropped from the Fast Cats?
(25 Apr 2016, 11:54 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Won't be enough, the 39 will need 7 buses, in total 17 Versa's could be needed..... unless they take the ones from the 34/34A to make up the PVR however my bet will be Scania's from the 20/20A ONCE the streetlites enter service, will go on the 39. 

The Versa's could go on the 33, if I've got the PVR right or they could also be used as spares. 

The Spare Citaro(s) - 1 stays at Deptford for the 35/36/60, 1 to Washington or Riverside.

MPD's stay on the 38/238

Apparently it will be, however, we all know how much rubbish people talk. It'll probs be vest to wait and see what happens.
(25 Apr 2016, 12:02 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Apparently it will be, however, we all know how much rubbish people talk. It'll probs be vest to wait and see what happens.

Wouldn't be surprised if it did.
Looks like Deptford's PVR is going to reduce by 9 with the new changes. Have worked the new PVR's out:

2/2A- 10
33- 3
35- 8
36- 6
38- 1
39- 7
X36- 2
(25 Apr 2016, 11:54 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Won't be enough, the 39 will need 7 buses, in total 17 Versa's could be needed..... unless they take the ones from the 34/34A to make up the PVR however my bet will be Scania's from the 20/20A ONCE the streetlites enter service, will go on the 39. 

MPD's stay on the 38/238

Does the 39 need the capacity offered by a Solar - particularly when it operates via two of the most congested bus corridors in Sunderland.

Thanks for confirming PVR.
(25 Apr 2016, 1:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Does the 39 need the capacity offered by a Solar - particularly when it operates via two of the most congested bus corridors in Sunderland.

Thanks for confirming PVR.

Not sure Andreos, i was just thinking about the Cadets getting replaced and it seems likely the Scania's would do that, i could be wrong of cause, same as the PVR's Tongue