North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10 Sep 2015, 5:46 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Just thinking here, if the 131 and 706/707 won't be replaced, I wonder if the Solos could be used on a variation of the 17?

So if it was split like has been rumoured, then Solos could be used from Rosehill/Wallsend to Cramlington as I don't think this service needs a full size bus so they could be used on there, and this would allow for dual door B10s to be withdrawn.

Not sure if GNE would want to paint some of the Solo's already.
(10 Sep 2015, 6:24 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]I wish the 715 still existed. It would be ideal for me on my days out! Optare Metroriders I think? I would even use it if Stanley Travel extended the R5, but that's never going to happen!

Yep. Used Metroriders and then the T--- AGP darts that were used on the Stanley Shuttle and Drifter.
I wonder what the X66 and 8/8A changes are. It'd be nice to have an 8/8A Sunday service. I hope the X66 stopping point change is to remove the depot stop, rather than add an additional stop.

(10 Sep 2015, 6:29 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]I wish the 57A/B still existed had a bus to Newcastle from mine.

You've got the Metro!
So my days of having a direct bus from Lanchester to Newcastle are numbered, as just reading through, so far .... there aint a mention of a replacement service, early days I know!
(10 Sep 2015, 6:39 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I wonder what the X66 and 8/8A changes are. It'd be nice to have an 8/8A Sunday service. I hope the X66 stopping point change is to remove the depot stop, rather than add an additional stop.

You've got the Metro!

Would be nice to have more 8A runs to.
The 8/8A has a route amendment. As it had one not too long ago, I was just trying to find stops along the route that don't get used and can be missed out by the bus taking a shortcut. The only one that i can think of is the Royal Hotel stop at Stanley. The buses could just continue around the roundabout and up to East Stanley without the faff. However, if that was the route amendment, an amendment for the 78/78A would have also gone in as the 78A serves that stop too.
(10 Sep 2015, 6:41 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote [ -> ]So my days of having a direct bus from Lanchester to Newcastle are numbered, as just reading through, so far .... there aint a mention of a replacement service, early days I know!

VOSA are behind in putting them on their site...hopefully rest of them should be put on soon.
(10 Sep 2015, 6:41 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote [ -> ]So my days of having a direct bus from Lanchester to Newcastle are numbered, as just reading through, so far .... there aint a mention of a replacement service, early days I know!

Keep checking VOSA! The Newcastle-Lanchester is a well valued service although i don't think many people would use the service between those 2 points. Id say the key journeys are between Lanchester and Stanley and then Stanley and Newcastle.
(10 Sep 2015, 6:24 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]I wish the 715 still existed. It would be ideal for me on my days out! Optare Metroriders I think? I would even use it if Stanley Travel extended the R5, but that's never going to happen!

You can use Explorers on the R5 providing, of course, they've already been purchased on a GNE bus as I don't believe GCT or Stanley Taxis issue them. If you want bash County Durham-based services - it's only two short journeys away.

In the recent consultation, Go North East proposed to split the 43/44 and X30/X31 services at Stanley to improve reliability, with Stanley Bus Station then acting as a major hub.
(10 Sep 2015, 6:39 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I wonder what the X66 and 8/8A changes are. It'd be nice to have an 8/8A Sunday service. I hope the X66 stopping point change is to remove the depot stop, rather than add an additional stop.

You've got the Metro!

Genius Sherlock... What about a Get Around that would've saved a lot of hassle.
(10 Sep 2015, 6:42 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The 8/8A has a route amendment. As it had one not too long ago, I was just trying to find stops along the route that don't get used and can be missed out by the bus taking a shortcut. The only one that i can think of is the Royal Hotel stop at Stanley. The buses could just continue around the roundabout and up to East Stanley without the faff. However, if that was the route amendment, an amendment for the 78/78A would have also gone in as the 78A serves that stop too.

Who knows? It may be a diversion to serve Beamish although it's probably the wrong time of year for that to happen. An amendment can be an addition as well as an omission or shortcut.
(10 Sep 2015, 6:49 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Who knows? It may be a diversion to serve Beamish although it's probably the wrong time of year for that to happen. An amendment can be an addition as well as an omission or shortcut.

I know. I think the route is getting to the point now where if something is added, something will need to be removed for timekeeping.
(10 Sep 2015, 6:49 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Genius Sherlock... What about a Get Around that would've saved a lot of hassle.

Be lucky that you've got a frequent rail system. 30 years of promises at Ashington still don't have a rail service...

I believe I've discussed with you my feelings on that particular point.

**Like**
(10 Sep 2015, 6:51 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Be lucky that you've got a frequent rail system. 30 years of promises at Ashington still don't have a rail service...

When it turns up.
(10 Sep 2015, 6:49 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Genius Sherlock... What about a Get Around that would've saved a lot of hassle.

No problem, Baldrick. I guess that's the downfall of a transport system that offers very little integration, but that's a discussion for another day.
(10 Sep 2015, 6:50 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I know. I think the route is getting to the point now where if something is added, something will need to be removed for timekeeping.

West Pelton maybe? Still has the 28/28A to Chester and I imagine crossing the A693 back and forth could cause a delay.
(10 Sep 2015, 6:54 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]No problem, Baldrick. I guess that's the downfall of a transport system that offers very little integration, but that's a discussion for another day.

He could've also acquired a POP card which, I believe, is not only cheaper than a Get Around but would also allow him to travel on the Metro as well.  Rolleyes
(10 Sep 2015, 6:56 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]West Pelton maybe? Still has the 28/28A to Chester and I imagine crossing the A693 back and forth could cause a delay.

You got that one right haha! With the A693 being the main road from Chester-le-Street to Stanley, it gets a lot of users and buses can be there ages waiting to pull out.