North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08 Jan 2015, 10:50 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]As per my post yesterday:

"One of our 'Go North East insiders' may be able to confirm, but I'd guess that the timetables are designed by an external company, along with the 'paper buses' which appear on said timetables and the website. If things are still unconfirmed, Go North East won't have sent the final details to the external company yet and hence the timetables haven't been designed. That, or they could still be waiting for them to return..."

The timetables won't be updated to the current format until everything has been confirmed (brand names, livery designs, etc) so as to avoid the cost of paying for an external company to re-make the timetables.

Once changes happen will all of the Lime B10's be withdrawn, if so this means the 8 shouldn't have a branded timetable. (also means the 78 timetable will still have a Lime timetable)... i'm looking forward to the Lime getting new buses this year... if they're sticking to "Lime", lets hope the colour suits what ever bus it gets! 
Is it possible that 8272 & 8273 will remain & 2× Lime B10s will be withdrawn from chester.
(08 Jan 2015, 12:48 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Is it possible that 8272 & 8273 will remain & 2× Lime B10s will be withdrawn from chester.

I think Dan said they might move to Deptford but iv'e just added up the day time PVR from 25.1.15 for Sunderland... and it came up at 109 buses will required (not including schoolars or work buses and probables of worked it out wrong, someone should check Undecided

Currently Deptford have 130 buses... not sure how many spares Deptford normally have? 

PVR's for Deptford from 25.1.15: 

2/2A: PVR 13
9: PVR 3 (not sure if i'm right? 
20/20A: PVR 20
33/33A & 39: PVR 10
35/36: PVR 15
X35: PVR 7
X36: PVR 3
38/238: PVR 5
56: PVR 14
60: PVR 8
61: PVR 5
99: PVR 2
700: PVR 3
701: PVR 1 

Not included - 
37 - as only few runs, sure it runs on to a different service? 
135/136 as their evening/Sunday ran 

I would think some of the deckers will head out, 1 of the Fab 56's deckers is heading out (6084) and (hopefully the Vykings) and a couple of B10's...  meaning the last 3 Lime buses can be withdrawn.

No doubt Dan knows whats happening Tongue 

Once again, maps for services have being updated, more details and a better look:

Routes of New Services 33/33A, 35/35A, 36 and 38 around Doxford, Silksworth and Barnes - http://www.simplygo.com/uploads/ImageRoo...e/2403.jpg 
Routes of New Services 35 and 36 in North Sunderland and Chester Road - http://www.simplygo.com/uploads/ImageRoo...e/2402.jpg 

Still waiting a separate page for the other changes in the NE (such as the 4,47, 82/82A/83 etc).... will be posted when GNE release a page for them. 
I'd imagine the Cadets will go to Deptford for say the 38.
Then, two of the newer B10BLE's can move to Chester to replace two of the Lime's, and a B7TL could replace another one.
I don't think any Vykings would move away though.
(08 Jan 2015, 12:48 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Is it possible that 8272 & 8273 will remain & 2× Lime B10s will be withdrawn from chester.

Doubt it, a cadet replacing a B10 (losing a few seats). I say 'cadet' instead of 'cadets' because one could go into a spare role bringing the last W90- RBB renown out of that role and onto the Lime services.
(08 Jan 2015, 3:15 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I think Dan said they might move to Deptford but iv'e just added up the day time PVR from 25.1.15 for Sunderland... and it came up at 109 buses will required (not including schoolars or work buses and probables of worked it out wrong, someone should check Undecided

(08 Jan 2015, 3:51 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I'd imagine the Cadets will go to Deptford for say the 38.
Then, two of the newer B10BLE's can move to Chester to replace two of the Lime's, and a B7TL could replace another one.
I don't think any Vykings would move away though.

(08 Jan 2015, 5:56 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Doubt it, a cadet replacing a B10 (losing a few seats). I say 'cadet' instead of 'cadets' because one could go into a spare role bringing the last W90- RBB renown out of that role and onto the Lime services.

Including scholars/workers services, Deptford's current PVR is 113 vehicles with 17 spare vehicles (15%). This will not change as a result of the service changes in Sunderland.

Although services 56 and X36 will see a PVR reduction of 1 vehicle each, Deptford will effectively gain service 71 from Chester-le-Street (albeit under a new number) and hence Deptford's PVR will rise again by 2 vehicles. Despite the overall PVR at Deptford remaining unchanged, it has been suggested that some vehicles will move out of Deptford and be re-allocated elsewhere in the fleet (one such example being 6084 to Riverside, acting as a spare for the "TEN" and "Tyne Tees Xpress" group of services). As such, these buses do need to be 'replaced', so two buses will be moving to Deptford from Chester-le-Street, and common sense would suggest that 8272/73 would be the two examples to move across.
If 6084 transfers to Riverside, will 3942 transfer to Percy Main? It wouldn't be a bad move mind because unless they wanted the flexibility, they could simply move the TEN Vinyls and apply the Cobalt Clipper Vinyls.
(08 Jan 2015, 7:17 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]If 6084 transfers to Riverside, will 3942 transfer to  Percy Main? It wouldn't be a bad move mind because unless they wanted the flexibility, they could simply move the TEN Vinyls and apply the Cobalt Clipper Vinyls.

The whole point of 6084 transferring (if it does) would be to provide a spare for both the TTX and TEN services. If it was to replace 3942, it would become part of the TENs PVR and you would still get a TEN branded vehicle appearing on the wrong route.
(08 Jan 2015, 7:17 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]If 6084 transfers to Riverside, will 3942 transfer to  Percy Main? It wouldn't be a bad move mind because unless they wanted the flexibility, they could simply move the TEN Vinyls and apply the Cobalt Clipper Vinyls.

(08 Jan 2015, 7:27 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]The whole point of 6084 transferring (if it does) would be to provide a spare for both the TTX and TEN services. If it was to replace 3942, it would become part of the TENs PVR and you would still get a TEN branded vehicle appearing on the wrong route.

The whole idea is 6084 becomes part of the TEN PVR so 3942 moves back into its originally intended role as Hexham's spare. Plus, because 6084 is tachograph-fitted, it also becomes the main back-up to 6043-8 instead of the TEN losing 6071.
How has Riverside / Hexham coped with 1 B9 short? It would be nice to get a Gemini spare at Percy Main but at the same time, the 309 / 310 aren't as demanding as the TEN and TTX services. However, if for competition and punctuality reasons GNE decided with the exception of a Sunday daytime to split the 309 (meaning no more being cut short to half hourly PM towards Newcastle between Blyth and Cobalt) and 310/X39 (no more half hourly filler PM 309's between Cobalt and Newcastle), then Percy Main would be without a spare due to the PVR being 10 (309) and 7 (310/X39).
(08 Jan 2015, 7:32 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]The whole idea is 6084 becomes part of the TEN PVR so 3942 moves back into its originally intended role as Hexham's spare. Plus, because 6084 is tachograph-fitted, it also becomes the main back-up to 6043-8 instead of the TEN losing 6071.

But if it was to make up an actual PVR theoretically it would need to be branded for the TEN services. If it was to be used on the TEN services and was required on the TTX then it would be exactly the same as it is now - the TEN losing 6084 to the TTX. If it was to be used as a standard spare.
Looks like the short 21 has become the shorter 21.
When the diversions started in Chester le Street on Monday I had expected the short 21 to follow the diversion route south bound to its normal  terminus at the south end of Front Street then run as normal north bound. However the short 21's are terminating at the Market Place then heading out north past the Market Tavern.
GNE have not made this change clear on their website. 
Service 35 / 35A Diversion - from 12 January
Due to new sewer construction, services 35 & 35A will be diverted via Moor Lane and King George Rd on trips into South Shields only.
The diversion is scheduled to start on 12 January and will be in place Monday to Friday between 08:00 – 18:00 hours. The work is expected to take two weeks but this will depend on weather conditions.
Anything regarding the diversion on services 43, 98 and 98A from tomorrow? (Broadway in Whickham).
(11 Jan 2015, 3:09 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Anything regarding the diversion on services 43, 98 and 98A from tomorrow? (Broadway in Whickham).

http://www.simplygo.com/news/closure-of-...th-january
Posters are up on the 4 and 56 about upcoming changes, rest should have them up.

Also picked up a leaflet in Park Lane travel shop, it can be found here: http://www.simplygo.com/download/publica...-jan-2015/

The leaflet only shows.... 33/33A/35/35A/36/38
I was at Sunderland interchange today and picked up the changes leaflet for the 35/35a and also a changes leaflet for 29/29a, also the changes leaflet was on the 35 buses and 29 buses today.
(13 Jan 2015, 4:43 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]I was at Sunderland interchange today and picked up the changes leaflet for the 35/35a and also a changes leaflet for 29/29a, also the changes leaflet was on the 35 buses and 29 buses today.

They just had the 35/35A ones when i went in this was around 3:30pm, hopefully the timetables will be available in the shop soon.

It looks like GNE have updated their tabs to for each branded service with changes - Silver Arrows - http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/silver-arrows/ 
(13 Jan 2015, 4:44 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]They just had the 35/35A ones when i went in this was around 3:30pm, hopefully the timetables will be available in the shop soon.

It looks like GNE have updated their tabs to for each branded service with changes - Silver Arrows - http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/silver-arrows/ 

I got off the Arriva X21 at sunderland just after 11am, went into travelshop, the 35 changes leaflet was standing out, but the 29/29A changes leaflet was hiding at the rear of the 29 timetables, should of been displayed at front so passengers would see them.
not many days left before the bus changes commence, the new timetables most of been printed by now, would of thought their website would have the new format timetables, to get these printed timetables out to travel shops etc....