North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(24 Mar 2016, 8:17 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]So Barley Mow has no sunday service at all? Thanks....
Come on, GNE love ditching areas with no buses.
How will there be no service in Barley Mow? Won't it not just be the 82/82A as it is now but have a 82B serving Harraton and Rickleton?
(24 Mar 2016, 7:57 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]For the time being, it seems GNE are using both Single/deckers on the Red Kite services as it says:

The 45, 46 and 47 services will be ran by both single and double-deck buses.

Stupid idea, the 47 will not cope in the mornings and evenings with a streetlite. The service is extremely busy at times, whereas if the 45/46 stay on time (which is difficult, i know they've only tried like 8 times) they are fine with using streetlites.

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!
(24 Mar 2016, 9:46 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]Stupid idea, the 47 will not cope in the mornings and evenings with a streetlite.

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!

Use to cope with single deckers......

(24 Mar 2016, 9:15 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Come on, GNE love ditching areas with no buses.

Name them
(24 Mar 2016, 9:47 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Use to cope with single deckers......

Name them

It's a bit like the X1, that used Mercs, but it never could now.

I go on the 47 in the mornings and I think the same thing.

Same thing happened with Tens too...
(24 Mar 2016, 9:47 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Name them

Get in there Citaro! Wink
(24 Mar 2016, 9:48 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]It's a bit like the X1, that used Mercs, but it never could now.

I go on the 47 in the mornings and I think the same thing.

Same thing happened with Tens too...

Ah, so the passenger data GNE have is not right?
(24 Mar 2016, 9:50 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Ah, so the passenger data GNE have is not right?

In my opinion, No
(24 Mar 2016, 9:50 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]In my opinion, No

Care to "Elaborate" on that then  Tongue

Ohh and I am look forwarding DanPicks response to Citaro5284.
(24 Mar 2016, 9:53 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Care to "Elaborate" on that then  Tongue

Ohh and I am look forwarding DanPicks response to Citaro5284.

I just think that the 47 gets really busy at times and will not be able to cope with single deckers. As well as, I don't think that the 45/46 gets high enough numbers to need double deckers. Anyway, we'll just have to see who's right on the 18 April (not 17th because it's a Sunday and they're not as busy anyway)
(24 Mar 2016, 9:15 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Come on, GNE love ditching areas with no buses.

Oh come on Daniel. This isn't the strategy of any one business. No business would happily give away custom, unless that custom of course doesn't exist? 

Try living in Durham... we've got near to no Sunday service at all these days.

(24 Mar 2016, 9:50 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]In my opinion, No

I've obviously not seen the data either way Jack, but I've knowledge in the collection of such data in other industries. I'd imagine the data that they can pull from the ETMs, perhaps combined with the timekeeping of the service, would give them a good indication of it's vehicle requirements.
(24 Mar 2016, 9:57 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Oh come on Daniel. This isn't the strategy of any one business. No business would happily give away custom, unless that custom of course doesn't exist? 

Try living in Durham... we've got near to no Sunday service at all these days.

I've obviously not seen the data either way Jack, but I've knowledge in the collection of such data in other industries. I'd imagine the data that they can pull from the ETMs, perhaps combined with the timekeeping of the service, would give them a good indication of it's vehicle requirements.

And a weekend with 3 Sundays in it coming up.

Though I'm bogging off to somewhere with a weekday service that makes out Sunday service look frequent for a bit. Had contemplated an EYMS day out with big'un, but not with this weekend's forecast!
(24 Mar 2016, 9:56 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]I just think that the 47 gets really busy at times and will not be able to cope with single deckers. As well as, I don't think that the 45/46 gets high enough numbers to need double deckers. Anyway, we'll just have to see who's right on the 18 April (not 17th because it's a Sunday and they're not as busy anyway)

Although the 45 / 46 / 47 group might justify deckers in years to come, you've got to remember that the majority of 47's running around with full loads are often late. Bar the occasional run here and there, the 47 could just about cope with single deckers for now with improved timetables and reliability.

I wonder even if GNE have another 4x or 5x Streetlites coming this year for that purpose. Would allow the current Red Kite B9s to move on to the Angel which for the basic internal configuration, would suit the 'urban' nature of the route to a T perhaps fitted with some TFT next stop announcements and the Wi-Fi already being included. The 2x spares could even fill in for the extra X21's as long as the full PVR was being covered by the 15x Hybrids and 2x B9TLs without any issues.
(24 Mar 2016, 7:47 pm)wise owl wrote [ -> ]Not 100% sure if i read this on the forum or if it was discussed at depot level, service 50 on eves/sunday was to follow daytime route (past nissan & serving ayton again, therefore could the 82B be replacing the 50a between washington, harraton & rickleton?
And in reality contracts are agreed with nexus. So who takes the blame if estates only see a 2hr service?

It is the bit beyond Ayton that is affected.

The alternate services serving th estates of Birtley.

The point was raised with regard to information/changes/reductions in service not being made clear.
The quote is a perfect example of that. Regardless of who is to blame for reductions of a commercial service.
(24 Mar 2016, 9:47 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Use to cope with single deckers......

Name them
The Place in County Durham which lost its services last October.

Name them

Hobson for one...
(25 Mar 2016, 6:47 am)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]Hobson for one...

So they dont have any buses at all in the area of Hobson?
(24 Mar 2016, 11:53 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]It is the bit beyond Ayton that is affected.

The alternate services serving th estates of Birtley.

The point was raised with regard to information/changes/reductions in service not being made clear.
The quote is a perfect example of that. Regardless of who is to blame for reductions of a commercial service.

Indeed the point is reliability improvements, amendments to timetable and slight changes are corporate bluster for cuts 

GNE are excellent at communicating and equally good when they don't want to
(25 Mar 2016, 7:30 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]So they dont have any buses at all in the area of Hobson?

I'm not to sure if I'm totally honest, I'm just mentioning the one which had the most publicity.

I don't think these service changes for me are bad at all, but if I have read it correctly Barley Mow will have no bus go through it on a Sunday, which will just lead to a flurry of complaints from the elderly. I'm happy to walk around the corner and get the 82B.
(25 Mar 2016, 6:47 am)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]Hobson for one...

That's the one I was thinking of.