North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmm. A variation to the X40/40A rather than a cancellation...interesting!
(27 Apr 2015, 3:45 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Hmm. A variation to the X40/40A rather than a cancellation...interesting!

I'd suggest that it isn't completely linked to the "QuayLink" changes, given that the original registrations (see below) weren't due to commence until 26th July 2015..?

PB0003954/625 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA 

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: GREAT PARK VILLAGE, WAGONWAY DRIVE
Finish Point: GREAT PARK VILLAGE, WAGONWAY DRIVE
Via: 
Service Number: Q3
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 26-JUL-2015
Other Details: MONDAY TO SATURDAY ( EXCEPT PUBLIC HOLIDAYS ) SUNDAY (AND PUBLIC HOLIDAYS)

PB0003954/626 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA 

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: GATESHEAD INTERCHANGE
Finish Point: NEWCASTLE CENTRAL STATION
Via: 
Service Number: Q1
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 26-JUL-2015
Other Details: MONDAY TO SATURDAY (EXCEPT PUBLIC HOLIDAYS) SUNDAY (AND PUBLIC HOLIDAYS)
A new timetable has being uploaded for the AD122 from 17.5.15.

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/69864.6
(27 Apr 2015, 4:12 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]A new timetable has being uploaded for the AD122 from 17.5.15.

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/69864.6

Haven't looked at the current timetable but this new timetable says rail connections from May 17th so I imagine this will be the only change. May be wrong though.
(27 Apr 2015, 4:15 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Haven't looked at the current timetable but this new timetable says rail connections from May 17th so I imagine this will be the only change. May be wrong though.

Bus times look the same at a glance.
Another registration.

PB0002400/369 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between EAST RAINTON CORRIGHAN TERRACE and WASHINGTON ST ROBERT OF NEWMINSTER RC SCHOOL given service number 453 effective from 21-Apr-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.
(27 Apr 2015, 5:21 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Another registration.

PB0002400/369 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between EAST RAINTON CORRIGHAN TERRACE and WASHINGTON ST ROBERT OF NEWMINSTER RC SCHOOL given service number 453 effective from 21-Apr-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

Sedgeletch Road closure.
Stanley did theirs for the 452/968 a few weeks back.
Think Michael put them on at the time.
(27 Apr 2015, 4:09 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]...Ah, back to normal! http://www.simplygo.com/news/chester-le-...te-3rd-may

Back to normal routes but expect delays for another two weeks as there will be single file traffic light controlled working outside of Boyes Stores on Front Street.
Anything on the changes to the 20 due to the imminent overnight road closures at Doxford/A19/A690 interchange?
Not sure if the X35 will also be caught up in any diversions, due to the timings of the closure.
PB0002400/566 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Pelaw Sheilds Road
Finish Point: Gosford Regent Centre Interchange
Via:
Service Number: 900
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 02-MAY-2015
Other Details: Saturday 2nd May 2015 & Saturday 9th May 2015 Sunday 3rd May 2015 & Sunday 10th May 2015
How many buses are used on the Quaylink?, and what will the prediction of vehicles will be needed from July when the X40 joins in?.

Just on the leaflet it stated new buses from July, wonder if more streetlites will be coming for the Quaylink/X40, as their are 14 new buses not accounted for yet, maybe East Durham wont get their solos and probably just get the ex Quaylink buses (hope not).

http://www.newcastlegreatpark-life.co.uk...Boards.pdf
(30 Apr 2015, 11:10 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Anything on the changes to the 20 due to the imminent overnight road closures at Doxford/A19/A690 interchange?
Not sure if the X35 will also be caught up in any diversions, due to the timings of the closure.
Is it not only buses that use the A19 between Murton and Doxford that are affected X9/X10
(06 May 2015, 12:31 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Is it not only buses that use the A19 between Murton and Doxford that are affected X9/X10

There are the works at Seaton on the A19 affecting the X9/X10. The ones I mentioned, are additional ones on the actual roundabout at Doxford Park.
There have been giant mobile LED signs advising of the closure since at least last week, on all approaches to the roundabout.

http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1397
(fourth one down on list).

Worth noting the A183/A19 roundabout is due to be done in a few weeks too, possibly affecting the 2 and 78.
(06 May 2015, 12:38 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]There are the works at Seaton on the A19 affecting the X9/X10. The ones I mentioned, are additional ones on the actual roundabout at Doxford Park.
There have been giant mobile LED signs advising of the closure since at least last week, on all approaches to the roundabout.

http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1397
(fourth one down on list).

Worth noting the A183/A19 roundabout is due to be done in a few weeks too, possibly affecting the 2 and 78.

Ah right never knew about the works at Doxy/A183
(06 May 2015, 1:15 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Ah right never knew about the works at Doxy/A183
I am guessing if Doxford Int'l/A19 overpass the 20/X35 would be diverted through Philadelphia and Herrington Burn and back on track at the Board Inn...

Also I guess anything heading towards Chester Rd would be diverted towards Durham Rd or Wessington Way

Just a wild guess on my part [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
(06 May 2015, 1:25 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]I am guessing if Doxford Int'l/A19 overpass the 20/X35 would be diverted through Philadelphia and Herrington Burn and back on track at the Board Inn...

Also I guess anything heading towards Chester Rd would be diverted towards Durham Rd or Wessington Way

Just a wild guess on my part [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

The 20 calls into Dox Intl on a night. They're to have to go in and out via Silksworth Lane , before even getting on track at The Board Inn.
Ditto the X35, if that ends up affected.

No idea how much time will be added to each single trip. 10/15mins? Half an hour on a round trip?

Then there are the stops on the Houghton Cut slip roads, the ones at Stoneygate that are rarely used and the ones between at East Herrington, between the two roundabouts - all without a service.
Yet nobody has been advised.
(06 May 2015, 1:42 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]The 20 calls into Dox Intl on a night. They're to have to go in and out via Silksworth Lane , before even getting on track at The Board Inn.
Ditto the X35, if that ends up affected.

No idea how much time will be added to each single trip. 10/15mins? Half an hour on a round trip?

Then there are the stops on the Houghton Cut slip roads, the ones at Stoneygate that are rarely used and the ones between at East Herrington, between the two roundabouts - all without a service.
Yet nobody has been advised.
I imagine a diversion would follow the 35 from Newbottle...Phily-Herrington Burn-Board Inn, swing into Doxford Int'l from there
Millburngate Bridge, Durham, Lane closures - 10 May

Date: 06 May 2015

We have just been provided with short notice details of lane closures and works on Millburngate Bridge in Durham this coming Sunday.

Durham County Council will be carrying out investigation works on Milburngate Bridge and we are told to expect bus delays due to these works.

The work will take place on Sunday 10 and Sunday 17 May between 7am and 7pm.

Lane closures will be in place on the bridge between 4am and 9pm on the two days the work will be carried out.

Two lanes will remain open, allowing traffic to flow in both directions during the works.

We apologise for any inconvenience these works will cause, which are outside of our control.

-------------

Bank Holiday - http://www.simplygo.com/news/may-bank-holiday-2015/

Also has info for the extra buses for the Foo fighters concert at the SOL.  
(06 May 2015, 10:28 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]How many buses are used on the Quaylink?, and what will the prediction of vehicles will be needed from July when the X40 joins in?.

Just on the leaflet it stated new buses from July, wonder if more streetlites will be coming for the Quaylink/X40, as their are 14 new buses not accounted for yet, maybe East Durham wont get their solos and probably just get the ex Quaylink buses (hope not).

http://www.newcastlegreatpark-life.co.uk...Boards.pdf

Pretty sure that link you have posted shows an Image of a Versa along with an interpretation of what the Branding will look like, so therefore I dont think any New Buses will be coming for the revised Quaylink/X40, and will use however many Vehicles are required out of Versas 8310-8318 and 8328/29.