North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(31 Mar 2016, 7:06 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]After the world famous Park Lane consultation!

I can't see the long 38 nor the 99 not being replaced in part at least.
By that virtue alone, I am sure we will see changes that equate to more than adaptations due to a new road layout.

Sure we will find out in due course.

Haha

Same, many services go along the routes of the long 38 and the 99.
(31 Mar 2016, 7:17 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Haha

Same, many services go along the routes of the long 38 and the 99.

Just looked again.
Even though the 9, 20's and 56 could be affected by a new road layout, they only have timetable changes - so far.

Aye, there is duplication in parts with the 38 and 99, but there are also sections where they are the only services which connect certain areas.
Such as Silksworth - Herrington Burn for the 38.
That section was filled immediately prior, by the 35a (and whatever other combination of letters, on an evening).
(31 Mar 2016, 7:23 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Just looked again.
Even though the 9, 20's and 56 could be affected by a new road layout, they only have timetable changes - so far.

Aye, there is duplication in parts with the 38 and 99, but there are also sections where they are the only services which connect certain areas.
Such as Silksworth - Herrington Burn for the 38.
That section was filled immediately prior, by the 35a (and whatever other combination of letters, on an evening).

Ye, be interesting to see if GNE divert any services towards the area's which loose a service.
(31 Mar 2016, 10:15 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Variation Accepted: Operating between Durham Bus Station and Metrocentre, Interchange given service number X22/937 effective from 22-May-2016. To amend Timetable.

So will this mean the X22 will no longer interwork with the 14?
Lost links yet again
38Silksworth to the herringtons
33/33aSilksworth to Doxford inter/morrisons

39a must be nexus on evenings
(01 Apr 2016, 12:48 am)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]Lost links yet again
38Silksworth to the herringtons
33/33aSilksworth to Doxford inter/morrisons

39a must be nexus on evenings

You don't know the full details of the service changes - how do you know another service won't be revised to offer a connection between these places?
On VOSA today:

PB0002400/595 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange
Finish Point: Peterlee Bus Station
Via:
Service Number: X8
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 22-MAY-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday (except public holidays)

PB0002400/595 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Peterlee Bus Station
Finish Point: Darlington Tubwell Row
Via:
Service Number: X8
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 22-MAY-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday (except public holidays)
Buswars or an April Fool? Wink
(01 Apr 2016, 9:10 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Buswars or an April Fool? Wink

Competition in Darlington? Lets not be daft. Wink

The duplicate reference number gives it away.
(01 Apr 2016, 10:10 am)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Competition in Darlington? Lets not be daft. Wink

The duplicate reference number gives it away.

Damn! Knew I'd mess this up somehow... Same reference number as the new 33 registration yesterday.

Did anyone fall for it?
(01 Apr 2016, 4:56 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]You don't know the full details of the service changes - how do you know another service won't be revised to offer a connection between these places?

I hope they don't divert the 35 or 36 via Silksworth... its ridiculous at how many services they've had.... it also better not add a extra bus in the PVR... not enough Citaro's to go around! Tongue

Dan, what will be the frequency be on the 33, when it goes to the docks?, will be it hourly, like NEXUS wanted, obviously that could of changed as GNE are taking it on commercially and could risk sticking to the current half hourly service which the 5/5A provides.
(01 Apr 2016, 10:15 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Damn! Knew I'd mess this up somehow... Same reference number as the new 33 registration yesterday.

Did anyone fall for it?

I suppose this is one of the more believable April Fools that have been posted today. Wouldn't be surprised if it did fool a couple of people - certainly not me, though! Tongue
(01 Apr 2016, 10:34 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I suppose this is one of the more believable April Fools that have been posted today. Wouldn't be surprised if it did fool a couple of people - certainly not me, though! Tongue

There have been others?
(01 Apr 2016, 10:39 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]There have been others?

Only like 2 that i can recall - both in the GNE latest thread.
(01 Apr 2016, 10:39 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]There have been others?

I must be being a blt slow today, but I blindly read and believed your little chestnut in the 'Anything and Everything' forum...

And hands up, at first I believed Jimmi's as well.

Doh!
(01 Apr 2016, 10:56 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Only like 2 that i can recall - both in the GNE latest thread.
You missed one Wink
(01 Apr 2016, 11:23 am)Chris wrote [ -> ]I must be being a blt slow today, but I blindly read and believed your little chestnut in the 'Anything and Everything' forum...

And hands up, at first I believed Jimmi's as well.

Doh!

Well spotted. Even though you didn't spot it at first Wink
Closure of Pallion Subway from 6 April

Pallion Subway will be closed Southbound ONLY from Wednesday 6 April for approximately 3 days. During this time, Services 99, 99A & 135 will be diverted as follows:

Services 99/99A will operate from Pallion New Road via European Way and St. Lukes Road to rejoin service at Merle Terrace (St Luke's Cross).
Service 135 will operate from Queen Alexandra Bridge via Pallion New Road and Hylton Road, returning to normal route at Kayll Road. Pallion Subway and Merle Terrace will be omitted.
Following these works, European Way will be closed fully from 18 April for 20 days. Temporary signals will be in use on Pallion Subway, Woodbine Terrace and Pallion New Road, which will delay services in this area.
(01 Apr 2016, 10:15 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Did anyone fall for it?

Me... Sad
(31 Mar 2016, 10:15 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]PB0002400/552 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between DURHAM BUS STATION and SOUTH SHIELDS BUS STATION given service number 20/20A/X20 effective from 22-May-2016. To amend Timetable.

Just going back through the changes and i was just thinking... i wonder if the 20/20A/X20 changes are inline with the Streetlites entering service?

---------------------------

Looks like the 33A is goner to, 

Registration Number:
Variation Number 0
Status Registered
Operator Name GO NORTHERN LTD
Service Number(s) 33 
Start Point Sunderland Docks, Barrack Street
Finish Point Silksworth, Church View
Via  
Service Type Normal Stopping
Date Received 24-MAR-2016
Effective Date 22-MAY-2016
End Date -
TAOs covered by route North East of England
Local Authorities covered by route Nexus (Tyne & Wear)
N&P Reference 2225

-------
(03 Apr 2016, 1:52 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Just going back through the changes and i was just thinking... i wonder if the 20/20A/X20 changes are inline with the Streetlites entering service?

---------------------------

Looks like the 33A is goner to, 

Registration Number:
Variation Number 0
Status Registered
Operator Name GO NORTHERN LTD
Service Number(s) 33 
Start Point Sunderland Docks, Barrack Street
Finish Point Silksworth, Church View
Via  
Service Type Normal Stopping
Date Received 24-MAR-2016
Effective Date 22-MAY-2016
End Date -
TAOs covered by route North East of England
Local Authorities covered by route Nexus (Tyne & Wear)
N&P Reference 2225

-------

what will the frequency be