North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06 Dec 2014, 6:48 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Just remember that was very early speculation based on what I thought would happen - far from confirmation of any sort... Tongue 

Ye but they will know that if they read it! Tongue
(06 Dec 2014, 6:32 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I don't think the solars will be replaced this year, maybe next year but i agree, the South Shields - Sunderland part is going from Citaros/scania's to all scania's.... Even with the laser citaro's moving over to the 20/20A they're wont be enough and we have to remember the new 2/2A will need more citaro's, only place they can really get them from is the Laser, i don't think GNE will want a mixture of buses on the 2/2A.

Although iv'e just thought, the B7RLE's could be available for the 20/20A if the Toonlink get the new buses, that means they won't have to be repainted! 

It's a strange one.
Can't ever see a service, such as the Lime 78 ever deviating from the Consett/Stanley - Sunderland via Chester route, for similar reasons to those I mentioned earlier with the 35 (established, brand associated with service etc).
Has there been no registration/variation for the 38?
(07 Dec 2014, 9:57 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Has there been no registration/variation for the 38?

Not yet, the 71 one still hasn't appeared for its cancellation, these should appear tomorrow.. hopefully.
(07 Dec 2014, 10:09 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Not yet, the 71 one still hasn't appeared for its cancellation, these should appear tomorrow.. hopefully.

Ah cheers Smile
Nothing today, and they are starting on the 25th Jan!
(08 Dec 2014, 5:26 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Nothing today, and they are starting on the 25th Jan!

Think I read on one post that Go North East submitted these to VOSA on Friday 28th November? It's VOSA who are behind, if so, and nothing to do with GNE...
even the proposed service 33 not been registered yet aswell.

If the council has to be involved securing some journeys etc.. it can take up to the 25th Jan and even after that as their have certain lay way with VOSA.
(08 Dec 2014, 5:30 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Think I read on one post that Go North East submitted these to VOSA on Friday 28th November? It's VOSA who are behind, if so, and nothing to do with GNE...

Oh right - cheers Smile

Do you think the changes for the 38 are still going ahead though?
(08 Dec 2014, 5:39 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Oh right - cheers Smile

Do you think the changes for the 38 are still going ahead though?
I think all changes will go ahead as proposed.
Looking forward to the changes, and I hope they will be a success.
I think the 20 and 35/36 will work really well! Not sure about the 38 though.
Is the 38 continuing to houghton via Silksworth or have I missed something. Will 2 use the current 42 route
Who on earth is going to travel from chester le st to town end farm of all places
(08 Dec 2014, 11:28 pm)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]Who on earth is going to travel from chester le st to town end farm of all places

Pepole who want to go to Beamish, they get on the 28/28A from chester :p
(08 Dec 2014, 10:52 pm)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]Is the 38 continuing to houghton via Silksworth or have I missed something. Will 2 use the current 42 route

Not sure, they should be confirmed on VOSA this week, VOSA are behind 
(08 Dec 2014, 10:52 pm)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]Is the 38 continuing to houghton via Silksworth or have I missed something. Will 2 use the current 42 route

It was planned to continue to Houghton via Silskworth and Grasswell. 
(08 Dec 2014, 11:28 pm)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]Who on earth is going to travel from chester le st to town end farm of all places

Not all services are designed for people to do end to end on. Its not like the angel where people will be highly likely to get on it at Durham and go to Newcastle. The main connection with these would be Chester and Sunderland with the town end farm bit for people who live round there.
(09 Dec 2014, 7:54 am)Robert wrote [ -> ]Not all services are designed for people to do end to end on. Its not like the angel where people will be highly likely to get on it at Durham and go to Newcastle. The main connection with these would be Chester and Sunderland with the town end farm bit for people who live round there.

You'll always get one who will do the full route, Tongue
Some more gone up on VOSA for the GNE changes.