North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(28 Jan 2015, 4:32 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]This is the email from Nexus:

"There are changes in the pipeline for services 79/79A due to a commercial registration by Go North East to which Nexus is reacting to ensure local links are maintained, but we don’t have a final situation yet.   As this stage Go North East has declared an intention to partly replace service 79 from 31 May by extending service 238 to Barnwell during the day.   We have as a result, and to hopefully make things clearer for passengers going forward, tendered evening and Sunday journeys now covered by services 79/79A numbered as services 238 and 239 at this stage.  We are at this stage awaiting further detail from Go North East and timetables – and indeed the route numbers - can only be finalised when we have this."

Thanks cbma06, =)
(28 Jan 2015, 3:36 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]So the information ive got so far is that GNE are going to extend service 238 from Houghton to Barnwell Go North East has declared an intention to partly replace service 79 from 31 May by extending service 238 to Barnwell during the day, and the 79/79A will be changed to 238/239 evenings/sundays.
Had a feeling that's what would happen.
The Houghton - Barnwell route has flitted back and forth from GNE for a few years now.

(28 Jan 2015, 4:18 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I just checked on the site, they still have the 20 in the Hall Lane Estate, although people will say that links will be lost.

It depends on the 238 going in to the estate like the 79 does currently, or skirting the edges like the 20 does.
is it only the 79 and 20 that serves the whole of Hall lane estate? I remember when Ok travel had service 156/177/178 and Northern had service  (141/157 (493)/159 minilink series) and X62. Also service 148. hopefully service 238 will go into the estate where the 79 operates, its quite a big estate, its been awhile since been in that estate unless the council has started to knock houses down. Since Phili depot got shutdown and Northern streamlined their bus services.
cbma06 pid='83093' dateline='1422538376']is it only the 79 and 20 that serves the whole of Hall lane estate? I remember when Ok travel had service 156/177/178 and Northern had service  (141/157 (493)/159 minilink series) and X62. Also service 148. hopefully service 238 will go into the estate where the 79 operates, its quite a big estate, its been awhile since been in that estate unless the council has started to knock houses down. Since Phili depot got shutdown and Northern streamlined their bus services.

The 20 and 238 go around it. The 79 goes into it.
You also have the 35, X1, X35 etc which goes along the bottom edge (Hetton Road).

You are right, it is a big estate - but despite some housing being demolished, it is still quite spread out.

[attachment=6282]
Yellow - current 238
Red - 20
Blue - 79
Did hall lane estate had a taxibus 20 and taxibus 21 before?
(29 Jan 2015, 2:25 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Did hall lane estate had a taxibus 20 and taxibus 21 before?

There are taxibuses in Houghton, but not sure if they ever ended up around Hall Lane.
On Vosa today:

PB0003954/614 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between SOUTH SHIELDS, CHURCH WAY and COBALT, THE SILVERLINK NORTH given service number 919 effective from 29-Mar-2015.
The 82/82 routing through Birtley Harras Bank was done against the wishes of Gateshead Council
(30 Jan 2015, 2:38 pm)gtom wrote [ -> ]The 82/82 routing through Birtley Harras Bank was done against the wishes of Gateshead Council

Is that to do with road/traffic management issues?
(30 Jan 2015, 1:15 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]On Vosa today:

PB0003954/614 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between SOUTH SHIELDS, CHURCH WAY and COBALT, THE SILVERLINK NORTH given service number 919 effective from 29-Mar-2015.
Sad if this marks the end of the 919 - certainly seemed to be commercially successful on the first day of operation, but I have not seen it since.
Bloody hell, can't they just leave it:

Go North East bus company accused of 'salami slicing' services after shake-up

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...ny-8549790

(30 Jan 2015, 4:08 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Sad if this marks the end of the 919 - certainly seemed to be commercially successful on the first day of operation, but I have not seen it since.

That's a shame =(
(30 Jan 2015, 5:14 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Bloody hell, can't they just leave it:

Slow news day again - and it comes as absolutely no surprise that The Chronicle makes Go North East out to be public enemy number one. Comes as little to no surprise from Bridget Phillipson, too.
(30 Jan 2015, 5:18 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Slow news day again - and it comes as absolutely no surprise that The Chronicle makes Go North East out to be public enemy number one. Comes as little to no surprise from Bridget Phillipson, too.

Go North East say this is about simplifying things, but there have been 15 variations in this route since 2011 and I cannot see how this constant chopping and changing is making things simpler. The new route maps and timetables are also presented differently from older versions.

That's ridiculous, if there's being 15 different variations since 2011.... the last part makes me laugh (in bold), years have moved on and the styles have, and yet people are moaning over the style of the timetable LMAO! 

Well no shit they're going to be different, since changes it means the maps has to change... GOD  

Bridget Phillipson needs to start getting on the bus, how does she know out about the bus routes and what routes in Tyne and Wear work? 

It doesn't hurt people to get 2 buses to their location... its not end of the world, i use 2 buses on a Monday and Tuesday.. does it kill me, NO!, there's like a bus every few minutes from the city centre to Sunderland Royal Hospital.................................
“Go North East say this is about simplifying things, but there have been 15 variations in this route since 2011 and I cannot see how this constant chopping and changing is making things simpler. The new route maps and timetables are also presented differently from older versions.'' (35)

What a load of rubbish.
(30 Jan 2015, 5:14 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Bloody hell, can't they just leave it:

That's a shame =(
She does have some good points, but at least they go 'to the shops' - just like they did previously...

On the bus earlier, passengers seemed clueless as to which bus went where, panicking when it took a turn it didn't previously and having to clarify with each other.
This was after querying certain points with the driver on boarding.

One passenger, who looked to have something about her, explained how she just asks if the bus goes to a certain point now. Giving up on the numbering system as a way of identifying her route after the endless changes
(30 Jan 2015, 5:25 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]She does have some good points, but at least they go 'to the shops' - just like they did previously...

On the bus earlier, passengers seemed clueless as to which bus went where, panicking when it took a turn it didn't previously and having to clarify with each other.

One passenger, who looked to have something about her, explained how she just asks if the bus goes to a certain point now. Giving up on the numbering system as a way of identifying her route after the endless changes

I agree she does but when does she ever get the bus?, does she know the profits on each service? 

Does she know what people want in their service, such as links etc? 
(30 Jan 2015, 5:23 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]“Go North East say this is about simplifying things, but there have been 15 variations in this route since 2011 and I cannot see how this constant chopping and changing is making things simpler. The new route maps and timetables are also presented differently from older versions.'' (35)

What a load of rubbish.

I'm gonna try and go back and find out what routes we've had for the 35. 
(30 Jan 2015, 5:22 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Go North East say this is about simplifying things, but there have been 15 variations in this route since 2011 and I cannot see how this constant chopping and changing is making things simpler. The new route maps and timetables are also presented differently from older versions.

That's ridiculous, if there's being 15 different variations since 2011.... the last part makes me laugh (in bold), years have moved on and the styles have, and yet people are moaning over the style of the timetable LMAO! 

Well no shit they're going to be different, since changes it means the maps has to change... GOD  

I often wonder whether Bridget Phillipson is a bus user herself. I know a number of members of this forum support and share her views, but I cannot help but feel that this attack is completely unnecessary and the points she has made are largely exaggerated. I have previously said that I personally feel The Chronicle regularly (unnecessarily) portrays bus operators in a bad light, so it comes as no surprise that they have supported Bridget by publishing this article.

There are very few links which are lost, as the majority of the service changes see a replacement service provided in some form. Whilst South Shields has lost its direct bus to Sunderland Royal Hospital, it has previously been established that there are a huge number of services per hour from Sunderland City Centre up to Chester Road.

I don't think there have been fifteen changes to the route since 2011, and I think that this has been purposely worded in such a way to come across as striking. I think Bridget may consider 35/35A/35B/35C to be four variations; whilst this is true, the route has not been altered four times to achieve this. Indeed, the old 35B/35C services were used on early mornings/nights/Sundays only, and the main day time services were just the 35/35A.

Silly story.

(30 Jan 2015, 5:25 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]She does have some good points, but at least they go 'to the shops' - just like they did previously...

Of course, further clarity could easily be provided by Nexus, if bus stop timetables could be updated!

We're almost a week into the service changes now, and I'm still having to use my mobile phone to find out when the bus is due, because timetables at bus stops haven't yet been updated.
(30 Jan 2015, 5:26 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I agree she does but when does she ever get the bus?, does she know the profits on each service? 

Does she know what people want in their service, such as links etc? 

No idea, but having lived in the Washington area, gone to St Roberts, listened to constituents, studied information available to us all (maybe information not available to us all) etc., I reckon she is pretty clued up, whether she uses buses now or is restricted to using them in the past.
Although I don't know her personally, I have had dealings with her. Can only state that she is very knowledgeable - points shared by people who do know her on a personal or professional basis.

Well of course there is going to be 80 less journeys a day if there is a frequency decrease, Duh!

What a load of ***** this article is, more whinging about the lost connections, how many people actually did the full 35's route anyway, clearly not that many if they felt the 20/20A would be better to run to South Shields.

Also is really that hard changing buses in Park Lane seriously how much of an absolute drama people are making this out to be, you'd think they were walking 1,000 miles to connect to another bus.

Oh the children have to change buses, well SO DID I when Arriva cut the 7 from running direct to Fram when I was at New College and what did I do, I got on and changed buses to get where I wanted to be, I was wasn't happy about it but I didn't whinge on and on about it so learn to bloody well live with it like I have to.

“Go North East should explain why these changes are being implemented and how they are in the best interest of passengers" to make improvements to services like you've clearly bloody ignored.

So stop moaning and learn to live with change instead of living in a mythical dream world where everything stays the same forever just to suit you. RANT OVER!