North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah it would be good if that happened.
Service 78/8 will still be terminate at Sunderland Interchange when the Coast and Country Streetlites get put on these services.

GNE "I have been informed that the termination of the service in Sunderland City Centre means it will still be terminating at the Interchange"

even though I classed City Centre as the Fawcett Street/John Street area. Same as the service 20 buses which had via City centre on their front windowscreen when the service got extended to South Shields.
(08 Apr 2015, 9:05 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Service 78/8 will still be terminate at Sunderland Interchange when the Coast and Country Streetlites get put on these services.

GNE  "I have been informed that the termination of the service in Sunderland City Centre means it will still be terminating at the Interchange"

even though I classed City Centre as the Fawcett Street/John Street area. Same as the service 20 buses which had via City centre on their front windowscreen when the service got extended to South Shields.

It would be daft if it didn't terminate at the interchange, to many buses use the Fawcett Street/John Street area.

Think the road system could be improved in the city centre.. although that has being discussed before.
(05 Apr 2015, 2:23 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]I was speaking to my Gran earlier and she was saying she got a leaflet through her door the other week describing that the Orbit 51/52 are extending back to Newcastle, but taking the quayside way over instead of the Tyne Bridge. It's supposedly happening during the summer, possibly coinciding with the Quaylink changes?

I asked if she still had the leaflet but she's binned it Sad How dare she Wink

Be interesting to see how that would work, with the 51/52 both operating Every 15 Minutes, wonder if the frequency of the 51/52 will be dropped to Every 20 Minutes so GNE can maintain the current Frequency of the Q1.
(08 Apr 2015, 1:19 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Be interesting to see how that would work, with the 51/52 both operating Every 15 Minutes, wonder if the frequency of the 51/52 will be dropped to Every 20 Minutes so GNE can maintain the current Frequency of the Q1.

I don't think the passengers of the 51/52 will be happy with that, although they will have the link to Newcastle back so in a way its a good move. 

How will the 51/52 work as a route, if it was to happen?............

Current route - Gateshead - Carr Hill - Felling Square - Heworth - Leam Lane Estate - Springwell Estate - Wrekenton - Easedale Gardens - Dryden Road - Gateshead - then the current Q1 route? - The Sage - Gateshead College - Baltic - Quayside - Newcastle
(08 Apr 2015, 1:55 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]In my opinion, the 51/52 need the 15 minute frequency that they currently have. From my observations, the services are relatively busy for most of the day. Yesterday in fact, I was on the 13:51 51 from Wrekenton and there were only around 5 seats spare when I got off on Kells Lane, so reducing the frequency down to every 20 minutes would be a bad move in my view.

When I last used service 52 (boarded in Wrekenton, went everywhere before finally getting me to Gateshead haha) the bus slowly began to fill up, and by the time we hit Felling and Heworth etc there were standees. This was in the middle of the day as well, so I dread to think what they're like at peak times!
(08 Apr 2015, 1:19 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Be interesting to see how that would work, with the 51/52 both operating Every 15 Minutes, wonder if the frequency of the 51/52 will be dropped to Every 20 Minutes so GNE can maintain the current Frequency of the Q1.

In my opinion, the 51/52 need the 15 minute frequency that they currently have. From my observations, the services are relatively busy for most of the day. Yesterday in fact, I was on the 13:51 51 from Wrekenton and there were only around 5 seats spare when I got off on Kells Lane, so reducing the frequency down to every 20 minutes would be a bad move in my view.

(08 Apr 2015, 1:52 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I don't think the passengers of the 51/52 will be happy with that, although they will have the link to Newcastle back so in a way its a good move. 

How will the 51/52 work as a route, if it was to happen?............

Current route - Gateshead - Carr Hill - Felling Square - Heworth - Leam Lane Estate - Springwell Estate - Wrekenton - Easedale Gardens - Dryden Road - Gateshead - then the current Q1 route? - The Sage - Gateshead College - Baltic - Quayside - Newcastle

That's the way I would interpret it, should it actually happen. However, the stopping arrangements in Newcastle would have to change, as the Q1 currently goes to the Central Station, whilst the Q2 goes up John Dobson Street and into the Haymarket.
Where do you think is the best place for it to stop, it will still stop at central station, maybe Eldon Square?

The Q2 route will probables stay at the same with a 20 min frequency and inter working with the Q3...

-------------------------

So i think it'll be:

51/52 – 10 PVR – Every 15 minutes (Orbit Versa + 8328)

Q2/Q3 – 5 PVR – Every 20 minutes – 5 Quaylink Versa (repainted)

4 Spare Versa from Quaylink - also 8329 will be spare - so Fab 57?
(08 Apr 2015, 1:59 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I need to get out more, i rarely use any buses in other area's such as Gateshead, so i never know passenger numbers.

They could keep it every 15 mins... the Q1 is always full of OAP's anyway, but IF it gets extended to Newcastle, i can see the passenger numbers slightly going up on the Q1 side of the route.

I agree with you on that point, Michael. My grandparents live on Easedale Gardens and regularly go to Newcastle to do shopping. At the minute, they get there by one of two options. The first one is get the 51 to Gateshead and then whatever bus comes first over to Newcastle, with their second option involving getting a 52 up to Wrekenton and then a bus to Newcastle.

(08 Apr 2015, 1:59 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]When I last used service 52 (boarded in Wrekenton, went everywhere before finally getting me to Gateshead haha) the bus slowly began to fill up, and by the time we hit Felling and Heworth etc there were standees. This was in the middle of the day as well, so I dread to think what they're like at peak times!

I'm sure I've already said it before Marcus, but you're not the only to get the 51/52 mixed up in Wrekenton. You can be forgiven as they stop on the same side and are due at the exact same time. I've heard many a tale of people coming out of the Co-op, seeing a purple Versa there and boarding it, without checking the number, to then find it's the wrong bus.

When coming home from uni, I sometimes get a random bus to Gateshead and then another one from there back home as you get sick of seeing the same scenery twice a day. I finish at 5pm most days, so it's mainly the 17:27 and 17:42 52 I get when I get that bus, and both journeys are often fully seated with the odd standee now and again.

(08 Apr 2015, 2:18 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Where do you think is the best place for it to stop, it will still stop at central station, maybe Eldon Square?

The Q2 route will probables stay at the same with a 20 min frequency and inter working with the Q3...

-------------------------

So i think it'll be:

51/52 – 10 PVR – Every 15 minutes (Orbit Versa + 8328)

Q2/Q3 – 5 PVR – Every 20 minutes – 5 Quaylink Versa (repainted)

4 Spare Versa from Quaylink - also 8329 will be spare - so Fab 57?

I think the best place for it to stop, should it actually happen, would be to do the exact route as the Q1 currently does by going to the Central Station and then turning back round. The Q1 currently stops at a similarly placed stop (Market Street) where the 51/52 stopped when they previously went to Newcastle (round the corner on Grainger Street), so stopping there could sort of maintain that stop.
GNE could also the do the route like this:

52 - Newcastle  - Quayside - Baltic  - Gateshead College - The Sage - Gateshead - Dryden Road - Easedale Gardens - Wrekenton - Springwell Estate - Leam Lane Estate - Heworth - Felling Square - Carr Hill Road - Gateshead - The Sage - Gateshead College - Baltic - Quayside - Newcastle  

51 - Opposite way

------------
13 PVR - 9 Orbit versa + 2 purple + 2 Quaylink
Q2/Q3 – 5 PVR – Quaylink Versa

2 spare Versa - Riverside/Deptford
(08 Apr 2015, 2:34 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]GNE could also the do the route like this:

51 - Newcastle - Quayside - Baltic - Gateshead College - The Sage - Gateshead - Dryden Road - Easedale Gardens - Wrekenton - Springwell Estate - Leam Lane Estate - Heworth - Felling Square - Carr Hill Road - Gateshead - The Sage - Gateshead College - Baltic - Quayside - Newcastle

52 - Opposite way

------------
13 PVR - 9 Orbit versa + 2 purple + 2 Quaylink
Q2/Q3 – 5 PVR – Quaylink Versa

2 spare Versa - Riverside/Deptford

Sorry to be so pedantic here, but you've got your 51 down as doing the current 52 route haha. Surely that would be confusing Tongue
(08 Apr 2015, 2:40 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Sorry to be so pedantic here, but you've got your 51 down as doing the current 52 route haha. Surely that would be confusing Tongue

Hahaha, well, we all know how easy people get the routes mixed up now!, i'll change it! 
Years ago, the Easedale Gardens section was served by the 25 (similar to the route the 1 does now), the 27 (current 51/52 route between Gateshead and Beacon Lough) and the 51/52, which went via Old Durham Road and Beacon Lough.

Post 86, I think they all went to/from Newcastle - not 100% sure on the 51/52. But they did go to/from Heworth, via Sunderland Road.

It will be interesting to see how current loads and seats ph, compare with those then. Frequency has changed dramatically, but for a significant period, all were deckers.

To add to that, you also had the 638 between Harlow Green and Wrekenton.
(08 Apr 2015, 3:41 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Years ago, the Easedale Gardens section was served by the 25 (similar to the route the 1 does now), the 27 (current 51/52 route between Gateshead and Beacon Lough) and the 51/52, which went via Old Durham Road and Beacon Lough.

Post 86, I think they all went to/from Newcastle - not 100% sure on the 51/52. But they did go to/from Heworth, via Sunderland Road.

It will be interesting to see how current loads and seats ph, compare with those then. Frequency has changed dramatically, but for a significant period, all were deckers.

I've got very fond memories of the old 27 and 51/52, back in the days where Sigmas, Deltas and Metrobuses were a very common sight.
Final bus stop relocation at Newcastle Central Station - 10th April

http://www.simplygo.com/news/final-bus-s...10th-april
Closure of Chester Road in Sunderland

http://www.simplygo.com/news/closure-of-...sunderland
(08 Apr 2015, 3:41 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Years ago, the Easedale Gardens section was served by the 25 (similar to the route the 1 does now), the 27 (current 51/52 route between Gateshead and Beacon Lough) and the 51/52, which went via Old Durham Road and Beacon Lough.

Almost immediately after de-reg, services 51 and 52 were renumbered 67 and 68 and extended to Dunston via the old 58/59 route and onto Metrocentre. 

The 67 and 68 didn't last very long. The East Gateshead section became the 51/52 again, terminating at Gateshead, while the Dunston section was renumbered 64/65 but without the Metrocentre extension. 

[attachment=6534]
(02 Apr 2015, 3:53 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Some more registrations.

PB0003954/31 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle Eldon Sq and Middlesborough BS given service number X10/X9 effective from 31-May-2015. To amend Stopping Places and Timetable.

PB0003954/31 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle Eldon Sq and Middlesborough BS given service number X10/X9 effective from 31-May-2015. To amend Stopping Places and Timetable.

PB0003954/565 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between NEWCASTLE PILGRIM STREET and HEBBURN TOWN CENTRE given service number 27X effective from 31-May-2015.

Sure Bazza will be pleased about the last one

nope i am not happy about the 27X being took off
(02 Apr 2015, 4:10 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Hahahaha Bazza isnt going to be happy, probably the only who uses it.

wrong the passenger numbers are decent
(09 Apr 2015, 9:45 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Almost immediately after de-reg, services 51 and 52 were renumbered 67 and 68 and extended to Dunston via the old 58/59 route and onto Metrocentre. 

The 67 and 68 didn't last very long. The East Gateshead section became the 51/52 again, terminating at Gateshead, while the Dunston section was renumbered 64/65 but without the Metrocentre extension.

I have had a look in the Bygone Era, but can't find anything apart from the via Racecourse Estate - Gateshead services.
I am pretty sure there was a route that went via Southend Road AND Whinlatter Road, Whinbuy Road, Church Road and on to the Metrocentre.
Any record of it in your collection?
Not sure if it was a Big Orange service, or if my memory is playing tricks on me.