North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When might that be, will we have to wait until beginning of October?

Cheers

Andrew
(18 Sep 2015, 6:41 pm)47406 wrote [ -> ]When might that be, will we have to wait until beginning of October?

Cheers

Andrew

Yeah. Usually post them well in advance.
(17 Sep 2015, 9:58 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]West of Hexham (currently served by ANE shared with SNE) has long been a bone of contention.
Services frequently were late or failed completely.
The residents of Haydon Bridge are poorly served by trains, being two-hourly unless they travel first to Haltwhistle then back through Haydon Bridge, so they rely on the bus for a regular hourly service.
Delays from Carlisle along the A69 are understandable given the nature of the road not being dual carriageway (although recent changes to speed limits for trucks from 40mph to 60mph have eased the situation), and the route meanders from the A69 to pass through settlements that are by-passed, adding delays when rejoining the main A69 due to nose-to-tail traffic. 

Arriva (and Stagecoach) have updated their vehicle stock so breakdowns have reduced, though having to service replacements from Carlisle or Jesmond (the Hexham depot is now run by GNE) means lengthy delays whenever a breakdown occurs 'midway'.
GNE revamped their Tynedale Express to alternate X84 and X85 such that X85 journey times are faster to and from Hexham than ANE/SNE's 685/85 services as well as being in direct competition on the Newcastle/Hexham section.
Extending the X85 westwards towards Carlisle would offer a 'better' model (with a Hexham base for replacements if necessary).

If GNE were to compete they would, at least initially offer Haydon Bridge passengers two buses per hour. 
Of course ANE/SNE might abandon the through route . . .
County Councillors have long lobbied for bus (and train) routes to include Gilsland on a regular basis, something that the 185 goes somewhat towards solving. That GNE have taken over 185 from Telfords might indicate their intentions.
Extending the routes westward from Hexham's soon to be new bus station would eliminate criticism that buses won't serve the centre of Hexham, so there is much to be gained if GNE are so minded.

I can't see Gilsland - Low Row being reinstated, there's just no need for it. Hardly anyone uses the bus (you'll maybe get one or two who rely on it) therefore there needs to be some service but having the whole lot of services running through isn't going to be great - especially when it takes approx. 15 mins off the full route duration.

I put something into the Arriva Service Suggestions thread on how the 85/685 should look if I could change it. Basically an express route (truly express - stopping at Corbridge, Hexham, Haydon Bridge, Haltwhistle, Brampton and Carlisle Airport [if necessary]) every 2 hours or so. Then alternating services which serve various places en-route.
The current 685 route in Carlisle (along Warwick Road) is unsuitable due to the congestion it has - especially around peak times. The A689 (past the Airport) doesn't normally get hit by congestion and thus can form a faster route into Carlisle.

It was great when the 685 operated from Hexham (also Carlisle) depots, as you say because it's midway incase there are any failures.
Why does it say that there are changes to the 45/46 and 46A. Is the 46A making a return?
(18 Sep 2015, 8:22 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]Why does it say that there are changes to the 45/46 and 46A. Is the 46A making a return?

I think its just a case of the 46A not being removed from the registrations after it was cancelled. Just like the 43B for the Diamond (interestingly with no 44A).
Summary of the VOSA registrations, cancellations and amendments as at 19/09/2015 (effective 25th October 2015)

Registered
- 6 (Newcastle - Stanley)
- 12/12A (Newcastle - Winlaton)
- 16/16A (Durham - Castleside)
- 30 (Stanley - Lanchester)
- 95/96 (Newcastle Eldon Square/Market Street - Metrocentre)
- 808 (Castleside - Consett Academy)
- 816 (Burnopfield - Lintz Estate)
- V7/V8 (East Stanley/Annfield Plain - Metrocentre)
- X30/X31 (Stanley - Newcastle)

Variations
- 8/8A (Sunderland - Stanley)  - Route and Timetable
- 10/10A/10B/11A (Newcastle - Hexham) - Route and Timetable
- 11 (Newcastle - Blackhall Mill) - Route and Timetable
- 15/15A (Consett - Durham) - Timetable
- 45/46 (Consett - Newcastle) - Route, Stopping Places and Timetable
- 47 (Newcastle - Blackhall Mill) - Route, Stopping Places and Timetable
- 49/49A/49C/64 (Gateshead - Winlaton) - Route and Timetable
- 78/78A/X78 (Sunderland - Consett) - Route and Timetable
- 97/97A/97X (Newcastle - Metrocentre) - Route and Timetable
- 704 (Stanley - Stanley) - Timetable
- 825/828/831 (Flint Hill - St Bedes) - Route and Timetable
- V1/V2 (Consett - Consett) - Timetable
- X66 (Metrocentre - Gateshead) - Stopping Places and Timetable.
- X70/X71/X72 (Consett - Newcastle) - Timetable

Cancellations
- 31/32
- 43/43b/44/836/843/844
- 64/64A/95/96/96A
- 130/131
- 706/707
- X30/130/X31
- X43
- V8/808

The VOSA registration numbers would suggest that there isn't a great deal of registrations, amendments and cancellations to appear now, so what can we deter from the VOSA registrations which have appeared already?

New service 6 is being introduced, operating between Newcastle and Stanley. This new service appears to replace the northern section of the "Diamond" 43/44 services between Newcastle and Stanley.

Two new services, numbered 16 and 16A, are being introduced from Durham to Castleside. Based on previous speculation prior to the registrations being submitted; the company's plans outlined in the recent customer consultation; and the cancellation of services 43/44 and V8, I'd suggest that it is clear that these new services are to replace the southern section of the "Diamond" 43/44 services between Durham and Stanley, but also extending to Castleside to replace the V8 service (opposed to continuing to Newcastle via Metrocentre as present). It would be logical to assume that all current frequencies will be maintained, and variations of the route (South Stanley / South Moor) can be achieved by having an 'A' route number variation.

As the current V8 service interworks with "Venture" services 130/131 and 706/707, all of these services have been cancelled on VOSA. Similarly, as the Consett Academy 808 service was on the old V8 registration, this has been cancelled and re-registered. I'd suggest that there is scope for new services V7 (East Stanley - Metrocentre), V8 (Annfield Plain - Metrocentre) and 30 (Stanley - Lanchester) to replace individual sections of each of these routes, based on the fact that they operate in similar areas (which many of you had guessed prior to the registrations even appearing online). It looks like the new V7/V8 services are being introduced as a replacement for the X43 service - Go North East stated in the recent customer consultation that they were looking to introduce an improved 30-minute frequency on the X43 service, and this could be achieved by having a combined half-hourly frequency on services V7/V8. Go North East also stated in the consultation that they wanted to split services X30/X31 at Stanley: the registrations for new service 30 (Stanley - Lanchester) and X30/X31 (Stanley - Newcastle) confirm this will happen.

New services 12/12A are also being introduced, seemingly as a replacement for "Toonlink" services 31/32. I can't imagine there to be any significant changes, as only minor changes in the Winlaton area were proposed within the consultation. Perhaps this could also tie in with an amendment to the "Blaydon Racers" group of services..?

Service 96 is revised to operate a through journey to Newcastle - interestingly, two terminal points are shown on the registration (Eldon Square and Market Street)... I wonder if this could be associated with interworking patterns?

New services 97A and X97 are being introduced, in addition to existing service 97.

It seems that route numbers are being standardised: services 10, 11 and 12 are the new services which operate between Newcastle and Blaydon; existing services 13, 14, 15 and new service 16 are Go North East's services operating in Durham; the introduction of new services V7/V8 allow for a complete set of 'V' route numbers between 1 and 9, and so on.

Most of the changes are now known given that the VOSA registrations are in the public domain. What perhaps will be of greater interest is the revised allocations...  Tongue
(19 Sep 2015, 7:23 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Summary of the VOSA registrations, cancellations and amendments as at 19/09/2015 (effective 25th October 2015)
Great, Dan
Anything on the X66 changes?
(19 Sep 2015, 7:31 am)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Great, Dan
Anything on the X66 changes?

The VOSA registration doesn't give anything away about this one, I'm afraid, so my lips are sealed and you'll have to wait until Go North East's press release for that one!
(19 Sep 2015, 7:33 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]The VOSA registration doesn't give anything away about this one, I'm afraid, so my lips are sealed and you'll have to wait until Go North East's press release for that one!

Damn.....
(19 Sep 2015, 7:33 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]The VOSA registration doesn't give anything away about this one, I'm afraid, so my lips are sealed and you'll have to wait until Go North East's press release for that one!

When will that be?[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
(19 Sep 2015, 7:35 am)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]When will that be?[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Prior to the changes taking place..!  Wink

In all seriousness; I'd suggest now that the VOSA registrations are all on the public domain, Go North East's statement regarding these changes is likely to appear shortly.
Wasn't there the idea to run the 31 along Scotswood Road too? Mustn't have been popular.
Well the whole 95/97/97A and X97 changes have blown my idea on their allocations out the window no doubt.....

-----------
Also, i right in a way about lower numbers being used, as i said:

I think having same route numbers will confuse a lot of people although they aren't in the same area's...

Numbers currently not used (Doesn't include letter variations):

3,6,7,12,16,22-26,30,42,48,51,52,55,62,63,65,66,70-73,75-77,79,81,83,87,89,100 but i doubt well see three number services on all of them - maybe the 131/706/707.
All those could be used for new numbers....

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=1186&page=158
You've missed out the 42 again... Tongue
(19 Sep 2015, 8:20 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]You've missed out the 42 again... Tongue

*Sticks Finger up*  Tongue

It's being added, that's what i get for copy and pasting!!
With more being added, here is my predictions for allocations:

- 6 (Newcastle - Stanley) - Citaro
- 12/12A (Newcastle - Winlaton) - Toonlink Omnicities
- 16/16A (Durham - Castleside) - Citaro
- 30 (Stanley - Lanchester) - Solo Sr
- 95/96 (Newcastle Eldon Square/Market Street - Metrocentre) - B10'/Scania's
- 808 (Castleside - Consett Academy) -
- 816 (Burnopfield - Lintz Estate) -
- V7/V8 (East Stanley/Annfield Plain - Metrocentre) - Venture Solo Sr
- X30/X31 (Stanley - Newcastle) - OmniDekka

5337/5338 to be repainted to be added to the new PVR's of the 6/16/16A...
5250/5253 will head to Toonlink.... to stop interworking....

97/97A/X97 - Scania's - Until something new or newer arrive.............
(19 Sep 2015, 8:25 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]With more being added, here is my predictions for allocations:

- 6 (Newcastle - Stanley) - Citaro
- 12/12A (Newcastle - Winlaton) - Toonlink Omnicities
- 16/16A (Durham - Castleside) - Citaro
- 30 (Stanley - Lanchester) - Solo Sr
- 95/96 (Newcastle Eldon Square/Market Street - Metrocentre) - B10'/Scania's
- 808 (Castleside - Consett Academy) -
- 816 (Burnopfield - Lintz Estate) -
- V7/V8 (East Stanley/Annfield Plain - Metrocentre) - Venture Solo Sr
- X30/X31 (Stanley - Newcastle) - OmniDekka

97/97A/X97 - Scania's - Until something new or newer arrive.............

I think that the 808 allocations will remain the same as they are now. Omnidekka interworking with the X70 etc and a lolyne (standalone). As for the 816 - id go for a trident plaxton president as it looks to be an extension of the 843.
(19 Sep 2015, 8:32 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I think that the 808 allocations will remain the same as they are now. Omnidekka interworking with the X70 etc and a lolyne (standalone). As for the 816 - id go for a trident plaxton president as it looks to be an extension of the 843.

I wasn't sure about 808,816, as it looked like they would be scholar buses... so wasn't sure which services would interwork with each other.

I wonder if some of these changes will allow a couple of "Tridents or Yellow buses" withdrawn?
(19 Sep 2015, 8:35 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]I wasn't sure about 808,816, as it looked like they would be scholar buses... so wasn't sure which services would interwork with each other.

I wonder if some of these changes will allow a couple of "Tridents or Yellow buses" withdrawn?

The 843 currently runs off scholars service 828. As the 816 looks to be just this, i'm going to take a punt on saying that the interworking patters won't change but the number and route will. 

Talking of scholars, can't wait until this 831 comes out...
(19 Sep 2015, 8:37 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The 843 currently runs off scholars service 828. As the 816 looks to be just this, i'm going to take a punt on saying that the interworking patters won't change but the number and route will. 

Talking of scholars, can't wait until this 831 comes out...

Ye, wouldn't be surprised if scholars stays the same.