North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(20 Oct 2015, 6:36 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Who could they get to announce it? Mr Elmore has left Metro, so any additional recordings would need to be done by someone else - which obviously wouldn't be ideal.

Not sure, they might not even change it for a while.
(20 Oct 2015, 6:36 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Who could they get to announce it? Mr Elmore has left Metro, so any additional recordings would need to be done by someone else - which obviously wouldn't be ideal.

The Cobalt Clipper has a different voice around Cobalt Business Park, the Quaylink has a different voice for Gateshead College, and the Fab56 already has a different voice for Gateshead High Street or Jackson Street.

The first two were certainly done on purpose, not so sure about the Fab56, but proves that it's not the end of the world if there's a different voice. I'd argue it's better than no voice at all!
(20 Oct 2015, 4:19 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Closure of Chowdene Bridge from 26 October 2015

http://www.simplygo.com/news/closure-of-...tober-2015

That'll be hell for some. It's a common OhMyGodTheRoadsAreHorrendous! shortcut.
And agree about volume settings being deceptive. Those alarmingly loud Arriva announcements are barely audible on a full chatty bus - and in contrast to some routes, the 22 is always a chatty route.

Angel announcements are always inaudible over the engine noise, downstairs (and despite being a hybrid, there is a lot more engine noise than not) but just about decipherable upstairs. The ones on the faffy 56 were much louder.
(20 Oct 2015, 6:46 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The Cobalt Clipper has a different voice around Cobalt Business Park, the Quaylink has a different voice for Gateshead College, and the Fab56 already has a different voice for Gateshead High Street or Jackson Street.

The first two were certainly done on purpose, not so sure about the Fab56, but proves that it's not the end of the world if there's a different voice. I'd argue it's better than no voice at all!
I believe it is Kelly Hinch who does the ones around the Cobalt.
they should get me doing next stop announcements...with my sexy manly voice
(21 Oct 2015, 11:38 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]they should get me doing next stop announcements...with my sexy manly  voice

Any NSA's are far better than 'Jenny'
(21 Oct 2015, 11:20 am)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]I believe it is Kelly Hinch who does the ones around the Cobalt.

errr....no.

Maybe someone who works at the Cobalt
The bus stop timetables have started to be updated with the Stanley changes.
(21 Oct 2015, 6:31 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The bus stop timetables have started to be updated with the Stanley changes.

Least Durham council can be boshed... no doubt NEXUS will be weeks behind after changes start.
Seems a few people aren't happy with the upcoming changes... council have being emailed etc.... oh dear.

As we knew, the changes would get a mixed reaction but they can't complain if it helps the service to become reliable.....
(22 Oct 2015, 9:44 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Seems a few people aren't happy with the upcoming changes... council have being emailed etc.... oh dear.

As we knew, the changes would get a mixed reaction but they can't complain if it helps the service to become reliable.....

Seems like a few people are never happy with any changes, some people are not happy if they dont have something to moan about
Just had a look at the new timetable for the Toonlink 12/12A on simplygo.com; and it runs along 'Hedden' View.

'Heddon' is the correct spelling.  It's correct on the 49 timetable though.

Sorry, not to nitpick or anything!
(22 Oct 2015, 12:40 pm)Chris wrote [ -> ]Just had a look at the new timetable for the Toonlink 12/12A on simplygo.com; and it runs along 'Hedden' View.

'Heddon' is the correct spelling.  It's correct on the 49 timetable though.

Sorry, not to nitpick or anything!

Cheers - I've passed the message on to the Commercial Department.
Here is the shuttle timetable for the closure of Chowdene Bridge from today:

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publica...e-closure/
Few late ones, most are for the bridge closure of Chowdene Bridge:

PB0002400/260 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Chester - Le - Street South Burns and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Concourse given service number 28,28A/28B effective from 26-Oct-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/545 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Lingley Lane, Heworth Metro/Wardley and Emmanuel College, Lobley Hill given service number 831/832/838 effective from 26-Oct-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/86 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Gateshead Metro and Gateshead Metro given service number 93/94 effective from 26-Oct-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/520 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Gateshead Interchange and Kibblesworth Square given service number 29 effective from 26-Oct-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.
PB0003954/580 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between WHITLEY BAY THE LINKS and WREKENTON HIGH STREET/KIBBLESWORTH SQUARE given service number 1/1A effective from 26-Oct-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/603 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between WARDLEY, ELLEN WILKINSON ESTATE and TEAM VALLEY given service number 92 effective from 26-Oct-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.
A reminder that the 128 finishes this Saturday.
PB0002400/585 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Howlands, Park & Ride Terminal
Finish Point: Durham, New Elvet
Via:
Service Number: PR2 Lumiere Park & Ride
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 12-NOV-2015
Other Details: Thursday 12th November to Sunday 15th November 2015 only

PB0003954/637 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Team Valley, Kingsway South and Wrekenton, Cardinal Hume Catholic School given service number 881 effective from 26-Oct-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.
Here is info about extra buses running during the Durham Lumiere Festival.
https://www.simplygo.com/news/extra-buse...-november/
(29 Oct 2015, 3:51 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Here is info about extra buses running during the Durham Lumiere Festival.
https://www.simplygo.com/news/extra-buse...-november/

Haha - just about two weeks late, there, Jimmi!!