North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(29 Oct 2015, 4:05 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Haha - just about two weeks late, there, Jimmi!!

Like the 82!
(29 Oct 2015, 4:11 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Like the 82!

Not got any new crack yet, like, Dan?
(29 Oct 2015, 4:20 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Not got any new crack yet, like, Dan?

Nope.
(29 Oct 2015, 4:21 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Nope.

Haha - you need to keep up...

I'm sure the 82 is old news now. It's all about how wonderful Trent Barton is and how Go North East copies everything they do, man.  Rolleyes
(29 Oct 2015, 4:05 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Haha - just about two weeks late, there, Jimmi!!
Well it's not for another two weeks yet so it's still as relevant as it was a fortnight ago, besides it's not my fault our Go North East website correspondent (Michael) seemingly didn't post anything about this, so if you should be disappointed in anybody, be disappointed in him as it's his job to provide updates from the GNE website, not mine!
(29 Oct 2015, 4:35 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Well it's not for another two weeks yet so it's still as relevant as it was a fortnight ago, besides it's not my fault our Go North East website correspondent (Michael) seemingly didn't post anything about this, so if you should be disappointed in anybody, be disappointed in him as it's his job to provide updates from the GNE website, not mine!

Tongue, oh well!
PB0002400/586 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Pelton, Ouston Lane
Finish Point: Birtley, Lord Lawson of Beamish Academy
Via:
Service Number: 28S
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 03-NOV-2015
Other Details: Monday to Friday School days only

PB0003954/531 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Longbenton Four Lane Ends Metro and Kingston Park Metro given service number 353 effective from 03-Jan-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.
(29 Oct 2015, 4:23 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Haha - you need to keep up...

I'm sure the 82 is old news now. It's all about how wonderful Trent Barton is and how Go North East copies everything they do, man.  Rolleyes

I take it that is a dig at me, Dan.

It is pretty obvious that you cannot face the facts that everything Trent Barton do, GNE seem to also do, so therefore refer to sarcastic and childish comments.
(30 Oct 2015, 2:00 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]I take it that is a dig at me, Dan.

It is pretty obvious that you cannot face the facts that everything Trent Barton do, GNE seem to also do, so therefore refer to sarcastic and childish comments.

IMO, the 'Trent Barton is way better than GNE' and anti-GNE rubbish that you come out with makes it pretty obvious that you cannot face the facts.

You also referred to the late Peter Huntley as the man who made Trent Barton "thrive" and GNE "survive"...?!
(30 Oct 2015, 2:10 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]IMO, the 'Trent Barton is way better than GNE' and anti-GNE rubbish that you come out with makes it pretty obvious that you cannot face the facts.

You also referred to the late Peter Huntley as the man who made Trent Barton "thrive" and GNE "survive"...?!

Does it make me Anti GNE because i prefer Stagecoach, reason why... better buses, easier routes to understand, confined to one place (My area, Sunderland), doesn't change the buses every 6 months..... 

Just wondering.
(30 Oct 2015, 2:15 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Does it make me Anti GNE because i prefer Stagecoach, reason why... better buses, easier routes to understand, confined to one place (My area, Sunderland), doesn't change the buses every 6 months..... 

Just wondering.

You don't drone on with childish comments about bus companies and staff though. Thats what I would consider anti.
(30 Oct 2015, 2:32 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]You don't drone on with childish comments about bus companies and staff though. Thats what I would consider anti.

Good to hear haha.
Lee - it's quite funny that you've taken a tongue-in-cheek comment and blown it way out of proportion, even resorting to making posts on Social Media pages about me? I do not profess to be "the best thing since sliced bread", and my head is not up my arse, but I'm glad you take such an interest in me and my job! Do let me know about all these destinations that need fixing, and I hope any mistakes haven't ruined your day? Smile

You don't have to work for the company to realise how well Go North East has performed this year: Go North East's 2015 sustainability report, which is readily available on the public domain, will give you an idea of the company's successes this year. The company's customers make over 70 million journeys each year, and 92% of those customers surveyed by independent body, Passenger Focus, say that they are satisfied with the service being provided. The continued investment into new vehicles and upgrades all contributes to this fantastic satisfaction rate. Twenty percent of the fleet is fitted with free passenger Wi-Fi, and an even greater number are fitted with Next Stop Announcements. £7m was spent on 47 new and upgraded buses as part of the last financial year. This staggering investment came just 18 months after the company spent £30m on 100 new vehicles and a brand new state of the art "super depot". There's more new buses to look forward to this year, as well, and we'll also continue to see vehicles modified with new hybrid technology as part of a £700,000 investment. 

With all of this in mind, I am not suggesting that Go North East is any better nor worse than Trent Barton. Alas, I think it'd be very difficult to directly compare the two different companies which have very little (other than painting their buses in various pretty colours) in common. Trent Barton isn't even half the size of Go North East, and I'd imagine it goes without saying that the bigger a company gets, the harder it is to manage. Even when you work in the industry itself, you fail to realise how many things go on behind the scenes, so it'd be possible for an outsider to appreciate just how difficult it is to get 600 buses out on the road every day. I can't understand what you get out of all these snipes you make at Go North East and its management, but there's a few enthusiasts who seem to think that the company is failing, seemingly owing to the fact that they don't like a few brand designs, when really that is far from the truth (the £99m taken in revenue in the last financial year only serves as evidence of this).
I'm
(30 Oct 2015, 3:11 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Lee - it's quite funny that you've taken a tongue-in-cheek comment and blown it way out of proportion, even resorting to making posts on Social Media pages about me? I do not profess to be "the best thing since sliced bread", and my head is not up my arse, but I'm glad you take such an interest in me and my job! Do let me know about all these destinations that need fixing, and I hope any mistakes haven't ruined your day? Smile

You don't have to work for the company to realise how well Go North East has performed this year: Go North East's 2015 sustainability report, which is readily available on the public domain, will give you an idea of the company's successes this year. The company's customers make over 70 million journeys each year, and 92% of those customers surveyed by independent body, Passenger Focus, say that they are satisfied with the service being provided. The continued investment into new vehicles and upgrades all contributes to this fantastic satisfaction rate. Twenty percent of the fleet is fitted with free passenger Wi-Fi, and an even greater number are fitted with Next Stop Announcements. £7m was spent on 47 new and upgraded buses as part of the last financial year. This staggering investment came just 18 months after the company spent £30m on 100 new vehicles and a brand new state of the art "super depot". There's more new buses to look forward to this year, as well, and we'll also continue to see vehicles modified with new hybrid technology as part of a £700,000 investment. 

With all of this in mind, I am not suggesting that Go North East is any better nor worse than Trent Barton. Alas, I think it'd be very difficult to directly compare the two different companies which have very little (other than painting their buses in various pretty colours) in common. Trent Barton isn't even half the size of Go North East, and I'd imagine it goes without saying that the bigger a company gets, the harder it is to manage. Even when you work in the industry itself, you fail to realise how many things go on behind the scenes, so it'd be possible for an outsider to appreciate just how difficult it is to get 600 buses out on the road every day. I can't understand what you get out of all these snipes you make at Go North East and its management, but there's a few enthusiasts who seem to think that the company is failing, seemingly owing to the fact that they don't like a few brand designs, when really that is far from the truth (the £99m taken in revenue in the last financial year only serves as evidence of this).

Please check your PM's Dan, where I will go into further detail.
Can I ask a favour plz guys...

Can we stop with the petty bitchiness...

I am not having a dig at Lee or anyone for that matter...

Theres more important shit going on than whether Trent Barton is better than GNE, I personally could not give a shit how good Trent Barton is compared to GNE...It is getting beyond a joke and personally I am getting sick of it...

I love NEB, and I have a lot of time for people on here who I know and even those I dont...

I would like to think I am a valued member here, I am a good person, but I am slowly losing my patience with petty bitching, it makes the place look bad to anyone who may find the site...

I will do anything I can to help make this place better...

My suggestion is can we keep the pettiness and bitchiness between ourselves through, hell if people want, I would offer my services as the middleman to help people sort out there problems with each other
Couple of diversions upcoming:

York Road, Jarrow closed on 2 November affecting services 5, 9, 88 & 88A - http://www.simplygo.com/news/york-road-j...88-and-88a

Lambton Terrace Closure affecting services 2 and 4 - http://www.simplygo.com/news/lambton-ter...es-2-and-4
(30 Oct 2015, 11:13 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]PB0002400/586 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Pelton, Ouston Lane
Finish Point: Birtley, Lord Lawson of Beamish Academy
Via:
Service Number: 28S
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 03-NOV-2015
Other Details: Monday to Friday School days only

PB0003954/531 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Longbenton Four Lane Ends Metro and Kingston Park Metro given service number 353 effective from 03-Jan-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

That very much catches my interest Big Grin
(30 Oct 2015, 4:36 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Can I ask a favour plz guys...

Can we stop with the petty bitchiness...

I am not having a dig at Lee or anyone for that matter...

Theres more important s*** going on than whether Trent Barton is better than GNE, I personally could not give a shit how good Trent Barton is compared to GNE...It is getting beyond a joke and personally I am getting sick of it...

I love NEB, and I have a lot of time for people on here who I know and even those I don't...

I would like to think I am a valued member here, I am a good person, but I am slowly losing my patience with petty bitching, it makes the place look bad to anyone who may find the site...

I will do anything I can to help make this place better...

My suggestion is can we keep the pettiness and bitchiness between ourselves through, hell if people want, I would offer my services as the middleman to help people sort out there problems with each other

I agree, quite frankly I care about GNE, not Trent Barton, I have no need to care.
I am in the same place as you
(30 Oct 2015, 8:09 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]That very much catches my interest Big Grin

I doubt it'll be anything too drastic, especially with the service being Nexus secured. Possibly some of the later evening journeys being withdrawn? There's never anyone on the late journeys around Kingston Park, Woolsington and the Airport.
(30 Oct 2015, 8:18 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]I doubt it'll be anything too drastic, especially with the service being Nexus secured. Possibly some of the later evening journeys being withdrawn? There's never anyone on the late journeys around Kingston Park, Woolsington and the Airport
Says amend route though Wink