North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03 Apr 2015, 12:18 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Too many buses going to Fencehouses these days. Looks like all the complaints, comments and jokes have paid off at last  Wink

Seen and used the routes and apart from the 38 away from peaks, loads seem to be justifying the increase in frequencies.
They haven't been reduced - yet.

The 4 on a night picks people up along the route, beyond the Fallowfield Way loop.
Saying that, even the workers 968 picks up punters when coming from Waterview Park on an evening. Often see it collecting punters, presumably wanting to go beyond Houghton.
(03 Apr 2015, 12:25 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Not sure on why it only has the 38 to Houghton, like you said it could be a mistake.

The current 79A only goes to Fencehouses on a late evening.... i think they'll stick to that...

We'll have to wait for the timetable, not sure how the service is gonna work, as it looks like the 38C will still run?...(unless it was 38/38C the last VOSA registration?)

Yeah, the 79A runs just behind the 4 from 2100. Think the 4 is at quarter past from Houghton. The 79A is just beyond half past.
With the 238 running during the day and extending to fill the 79 route, curious to see how it works on a day time and if there will be additional runs.
I am wondering if the 38 and 238 will interwork at the Houghton end
(03 Apr 2015, 12:39 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Which means the route would have to altered to accommodate a frequency of 30 minutes with a PVR of one. The current route could be kept but would probability need a PVR of two to guarantee reliability from scheduling point of view. This would mean a lengthy layover at either end. Of course I don't know how long it usually takes in either direction between Sunderland and Peterlee. I gather the timetable allows 30 minutes but if it usually done in less time a PVR of one may suffice for most of the day except for peak-times.

An additional run or a Sunday service like Michael suggests may be more likely.

Currently GNE don't have any services to Peterlee on a Sunday, so why not trail the X7, they might as well have a go..

Atm the Arriva 22, leaves Park lane at 12 mins past the hour on Sundays... GNE should time the X7 at 42 mins, and as hourly. 

Arriva can't complain of GNE taking passengers as they're timed half hourly away from each other...
(03 Apr 2015, 12:45 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Currently GNE don't have any services to Peterlee, so why not trail the X7, they might as well have a go..

Atm the Arriva 22, leaves Park lane at 12 mins past the hour on Sundays... GNE should time the X7 at 42 mins, and as hourly. 

Arriva can't complain of GNE taking passengers as they're timed half hourly away from each other...

The X10 runs through Peterlee on Sunday's.

Not sure how an X7 would do between Peterlee and Sunderland on Sunday's especially to try and use only one bus to make up the PVR and what passenger numbers would be like, although the 22 seemed to be carrying a good amount of passengers when I had a ride from Dalton Park to Peterlee a few months back.
(03 Apr 2015, 12:45 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Currently GNE don't have any services to Peterlee on a Sunday, so why not trail the X7, they might as well have a go..

They have had them in the past, but bailed out when DCC withdrew funding.
(03 Apr 2015, 12:43 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Seen and used the routes and apart from the 38 away from peaks, loads seem to be justifying the increase in frequencies.
They haven't been reduced - yet.

The 4 on a night picks people up along the route, beyond the Fallowfield Way loop.
Saying that, even the workers 968 picks up punters when coming from Waterview Park on an evening. Often see it collecting punters, presumably wanting to go beyond Houghton.

Yeah, the 79A runs just behind the 4 from 2100. Think the 4 is at quarter past from Houghton. The 79A is just beyond half past.
With the 238 running during the day and extending to fill the 79 route, curious to see how it works on a day time and if there will be additional runs.
I am wondering if the 38 and 238 will interwork at the Houghton end

38 is doing well? Tongue 

I would of hoped the 238 will just extend from Houghton, so the route would be... 

238: Sunderland – Seaham – Houghton-le-Spring - Burnside Estate – Barnwell - Monday - Saturday

38C still running and the old 79A sill running but as 239?

(03 Apr 2015, 12:54 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]The X10 runs through Peterlee on Sunday's.

Not sure how an X7 would do between Peterlee and Sunderland on Sunday's especially to try and use only one bus to make up the PVR and what passenger numbers would be like, although the 22 seemed to be carrying a good amount of passengers when I had a ride from Dalton Park to Peterlee a few months back.

Sorry i missed out from Sunderland... Tongue 
(03 Apr 2015, 1:00 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]38 is doing well? Tongue 

I would of hoped the 238 will just extend from Houghton, so the route would be... 

238: Sunderland – Seaham – Houghton-le-Spring - Burnside Estate – Barnwell - Monday - Saturday

38C still running and the old 79A sill running but as 239?

Sorry i missed out from Sunderland... Tongue

The 38 has just replaced the 35a between Houghton and Rainton, and not just because of the route. It carries fresh air.
The 20a does the same route, but has the benefit of extending beyond Rainton.
If the 38 went somewhere else from Rainton Bridge (although it could add a vehicle to the PVR), it could possibly do a lot better.
So the 238/239 now replacing the 79/79A isn't? So Daytimes the 238 is going to be extending to Barnwell? That's making it a long route really it's already at around 55 minutes atm isn't it, from Sunderland-Houghton.
What's happening with the 27X again? Big Grin

Got to admit, it hardly carried any passengers. Basically the express version of the 27 is the Metro, which is also held together by Go North East Wink
(03 Apr 2015, 6:44 pm)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]So the 238/239 now replacing the 79/79A isn't? So Daytimes the 238 is going to be extending to Barnwell? That's making it a long route really it's already at around 55 minutes atm isn't it, from Sunderland-Houghton.

If this 238/239 be operated by East Durham brand, then there will be 2 service 239's under the East Durham Brand.
(03 Apr 2015, 7:16 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]What's happening with the 27X again? Big Grin

Got to admit, it hardly carried any passengers. Basically the express version of the 27 is the Metro, which is also held together by Go North East Wink

Service 27X is being withdrawn by Nexus due to low passenger numbers. 'Tis a shame, but both Go North East and Nexus said it had to be used otherwise it would be cut!

I think the date for the 27X's withdrawal and the PVR increase of the 238/239 coincides with each other, so it will probably be 547 returning to Deptford...
(03 Apr 2015, 7:30 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]If this 238/239 be operated by East Durham brand, then there will be 2 service 239's under the East Durham Brand.
Would think it would use the Nexus Solos at Deptford so it wont make a difference, remember before the Sunderland Service Changes GNE operated 2 29 Services, one from Gateshead to Kibblesworth and the other from Doxford Park to Boldon Cinema.
Nexus would be better off scrapping the 515, same route as 27X from Heworth to Hebburn, (linked with 558, now operated by Gateshead Taxis) which carries next to no-one, whereas 27X has moderate loads and at least has more point to it as it continues to Newcastle. I'd also extend 558 to Newcastle to provide a direct link from Whitburn, Cleadon and East Boldon.
(03 Apr 2015, 7:45 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Service 27X is being withdrawn by Nexus due to low passenger numbers. 'Tis a shame, but both Go North East and Nexus said it had to be used otherwise it would be cut!

I think the date for the 27X's withdrawal and the PVR increase of the 238/239 coincides with each other, so it will probably be 547 returning to Deptford...

Que the complaints about the 27X....
(03 Apr 2015, 7:55 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]Nexus would be better off scrapping the 515, same route as 27X from Heworth to Hebburn, (linked with 558, now operated by Gateshead Taxis) which carries next to no-one, whereas 27X has moderate loads and at least has more point to it as it continues to Newcastle. I'd also extend 558 to Newcastle to provide a direct link from Whitburn, Cleadon and East Boldon.

quite awhile ago GNE took on the 558 daytime service commercially and ran it as a (X97 or X98?) all the way to Gateshead and Newcastle but in the end it was not profitable and fell in the hands of Nexus again. passengers can easily get to Gateshead or Newcastle via the frequent Metro service when it runs from Heworth.
Why are you lumping in the 238 (Sunderland, Seaham, Houghton-le-Spring) with 239 (Easington, Easington Colliery, Grants Houses, Horden, Peterlee, Shotton Colliery, Wingate, Station Town,  Deaf Hill, The Trimdons and Sedgefield). They don't even operate from the same depot,let alone meet each other, or operate at the same time of day!?! (239 doesn't come out to play until almost 7pm until midnight.) Hmmmmmmm.....
(04 Apr 2015, 6:39 am)pcvdriver wrote [ -> ]Why are you lumping in the 238 (Sunderland, Seaham, Houghton-le-Spring) with 239 (Easington, Easington Colliery, Grants Houses, Horden, Peterlee, Shotton Colliery, Wingate, Station Town,  Deaf Hill, The Trimdons and Sedgefield). They don't even operate from the same depot,let alone meet each other, or operate at the same time of day!?! (239 doesn't come out to play until almost 7pm until midnight.) Hmmmmmmm.....
If people get the two 239's mixed up when this happens, that's there fault. Also don't forget that Arriva use the same service numbers around the North East for example you have the 7 Darlington - Durham and then another 7 running Stockton - Yarm and this doesn't confuse many people (apart from customer services asking which 7 you are referring to).

Also let's not forget that Go North East took some of Arriva's service numbers in Durham, so there is two 43's and at one point there was two 50's as well meaning two services with the same number leaving from Durham Bus Station although both running to different places.
I think it is a little confusing as they are so close! Houghton and Easington aren't exactly millions of miles apart!
Although, really Peterlee/Sedgefield 239 could be renumbered really?
It's the same when GNE had the 29 to Heworth, I didn't think that was very good due to the GNE/Nexus 29 from Gateshead.
Using the same service numbers is okay but it should be more spread apart.
Logging on
I was speaking to my Gran earlier and she was saying she got a leaflet through her door the other week describing that the Orbit 51/52 are extending back to Newcastle, but taking the quayside way over instead of the Tyne Bridge. It's supposedly happening during the summer, possibly coinciding with the Quaylink changes?

I asked if she still had the leaflet but she's binned it Sad How dare she Wink
(05 Apr 2015, 2:23 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]I was speaking to my Gran earlier and she was saying she got a leaflet through her door the other week describing that the Orbit 51/52 are extending back to Newcastle, but taking the quayside way over instead of the Tyne Bridge. It's supposedly happening during the summer, possibly coinciding with the Quaylink changes?

I asked if she still had the leaflet but she's binned it Sad How dare she Wink

Hmm intresting, in a way it would be a lot easier..