North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06 Jun 2016, 4:25 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]What's the betting we see new vehicles on the 57 in a year or two's time? It seems to happen when routes are merged (the 20 and 58 jump straight out as examples).

I don't know about that, but I think I've worked out what's happening to the silver Mercs now.
(06 Jun 2016, 6:23 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]What a surprise, same people....

No complaints about the recent Stagecoach changes or the upcoming Arriva ones....

Every single little change that Go North East make too...
The changes won't affect them in any way...absolutely ridiculous
(06 Jun 2016, 6:20 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Durham Rd is closed at the junction of Belle Vue Bank and Beaconsfield Rd from 10pm to 6am this Saturday.

Guessing the 21 will divert along Kells Lane?
It'll probably just nip up Dryden Road. Not that big a diversion - the X21 used to do it before the Cannon was added as a stop.
(06 Jun 2016, 6:25 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]Every single little change that Go North East make too...

Go North East left a little bit of sticky delivery plastic on the floor of one of their Streetdecks. Worst company ever.  Dodgy
(06 Jun 2016, 6:25 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]Every single little change that Go North East make too...

Agreed. I can't wait until the day comes when ill be able to criticise every bit of work that they do Smile I know it all boils down to personal opinion, but all the time is just a (insert word of choice here) take

Yup, can't win.
(06 Jun 2016, 6:26 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The changes won't affect them in any way...absolutely ridiculous

That's the thing that really irritates me about this, I could understand if they are directly affected by the changes that could cause impact on their daily lives for all sorts of commitments but it's routes that aren't local and are only used on bus day outs. You didn't hear me slagging Arriva off for cutting some of the Darlington 12 route down to hourly operation and the reason for that is that I almost never use service 12, so I don't feel that it is my place to give an opinion on Arriva's decision to do this. I do have some complaints about the Arriva Darlington changes but they are directly affecting my travel arrangements such as timekeeping issues and the withdrawal of an early morning 5A to Darlington on Saturday's that I regularly used.
(06 Jun 2016, 6:26 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The changes won't affect them in any way...absolutely ridiculous

Ye, won't effect me either but no need to moan about it.. just stupid.

Wonder if they'll moan if Stagecoach cut the Newcastle/South Shields services in the next few months... probables not...
(06 Jun 2016, 6:28 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Agreed. I can't wait until the day comes when ill be able to criticise every bit of work that they do Smile I know it all boils down to personal opinion, but all the time is just a (insert word of choice here) take

I fear you'll be waiting a long time in this case. They're being groomed by the best in the business.
(06 Jun 2016, 6:28 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Go North East left a little bit of sticky delivery plastic on the floor of one of their Streetdecks. Worst company ever.  Dodgy

Oh yes, WrightBus have had a right go at on Facebook!
(06 Jun 2016, 6:20 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]GNE Facebook page Smile

That will be it then. Wasn't sure if it was me or you cracking up. Spent 2-3mins flitting back and forth on here looking for a complaint!

Whilst I have no idea what has or hasn't been said in this case, I can't see any issue in someone commenting on an issue - whether it affects them directly or not.

As Fozz is often quoted as saying: 'Opinions are like ar*e holes.  Everyone has them'.
(06 Jun 2016, 7:06 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]That will be it then. Wasn't sure if it was me or you cracking up. Spent 2-3mins flitting back and forth on here looking for a complaint!

Whilst I have no idea what has or hasn't been said in this case, I can't see any issue in someone commenting on an issue - whether it affects them directly or not.

As Fozz is often quoted as saying: 'Opinions are like ar*e holes.  Everyone has them'.

The comment has gone now.
(06 Jun 2016, 7:09 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The comment has gone now.

Surprise, surprise... Criticising for the sake of it.
(06 Jun 2016, 6:26 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]It'll probably just nip up Dryden Road. Not that big a diversion - the X21 used to do it before the Cannon was added as a stop.

It can't. It'll have to go through Kells Lane as Beaconsfield Rd will be closed. It won't be able to serve from Lyndhurst to Valley Drive.

Old Durham Rd may be a better option
(06 Jun 2016, 2:56 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]So they have decided to switch the 57 and 58 around by the looks of things (5320-5324 to the 57)?

The 57's PVR will be 7, if the service is a straight swap between Newcastle and Hadrian Park and stops every 20 minutes once changes occur meaning 2 more Citaro's will need to be painted for the 57, which look likely to be 2 of the Silver ones meaning the other 3 can be used as spares. 

If the frequency on the 57 was increased to every 15 minutes, then the PVR would be 10, meaning all 5 Silver Citaro's would be repainted.
(06 Jun 2016, 7:59 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The 57's PVR will be 7, if the service is a straight swap between Newcastle and Hadrian Park and stops every 20 minutes once changes occur meaning 2 more Citaro's will need to be painted for the 57, which look likely to be 2 of the Silver ones meaning the other 3 can be used as spares. 

If the frequency on the 57 was increased to every 15 minutes, then the PVR would be 10, meaning all 5 Silver Citaro's would be repainted.

Maybe they will reduce the 58 to every 15 minutes then combine the 57 and 58 together to provide a service every 7/8 minutes on the key sections of the route?

Not sure where the Versas could go though.
(06 Jun 2016, 8:01 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Maybe they will reduce the 58 to every 15 minutes then combine the 57 and 58 together to provide a service every 7/8 minutes on the key sections of the route?

Not sure where the Versas could go though.

Maybe, that seems a good and bad idea though.

Also went in to the detailed sections of the recent VOSA registrations for a few of the new services and found that service 11 will have a few numbers…. 

Service 11: 
Registration Number:
Variation Number 0
Status Registered
Operator Name GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Service Number(s) 11 (11A, 11X)
Start Point Whitley Bay, Seafront/Park Avenue
Finish Point Metrocentre Interchange
Via  
Service Type Limited Stop
Normal Stopping
Date Received 27-MAY-2016
Effective Date 24-JUL-2016
End Date -
TAOs covered by route North East of England
Local Authorities covered by route Nexus (Tyne & Wear)
N&P Reference 2229
(06 Jun 2016, 8:08 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Maybe, that seems a good and bad idea though.

Also went in to the detailed sections of the recent VOSA registrations for a few of the new services and found that service 11 will have a few numbers…. 

Service 11: 
Registration Number:
Variation Number 0
Status Registered
Operator Name GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Service Number(s) 11 (11A, 11X)
Start Point Whitley Bay, Seafront/Park Avenue
Finish Point Metrocentre Interchange
Via  
Service Type Limited Stop
Normal Stopping
Date Received 27-MAY-2016
Effective Date 24-JUL-2016
End Date -
TAOs covered by route North East of England
Local Authorities covered by route Nexus (Tyne & Wear)
N&P Reference 2229

11A might be the current 17A? 

11X sounds interesting though! Maybe an express to Metrocentre?
(06 Jun 2016, 8:10 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]11A might be the current 17A? 

11X sounds interesting though! Maybe an express to Metrocentre?

The 11A will be, Tongue

The 11X is interesting though.