North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(24 Nov 2014, 8:01 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]They're 'far from confirmed' at present, though are due to be confirmed (from what I picked up today) next week after a meeting on Thursday with Sunderland's local councillors and Nexus...

I know were coming back to this convo.. but does anyone know how the meeting went?
Nexus have a new timetable from tomorrow for the 92...

Only change is the 5:36am run, now runs from Heworth at 5:33am and the same run, will continue to Team Valley Royal Mail arriving at 0557

http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...011214.pdf
(30 Nov 2014, 3:40 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Nexus have a new timetable from tomorrow for the 92...

Only change is the 5:36am run, now runs from Heworth at 5:33am and the same run, will continue to Team Valley Royal Mail arriving at 0557

http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...011214.pdf

incorrect.

The trip from Heworth has always ran from there.(used to start from S Shields several years ago).  It also has always gone to Royal Mail.  (years ago it was numbered as 521 from S Shields all way to Valley.

The trip that used to run at 07:43 from Ellen Wilk will run at 07:30.

The afternoon trip at 18:08 is given an extra 3 mins to get to Wardley.
(30 Nov 2014, 9:28 pm)park5354 wrote [ -> ]incorrect.

The trip from Heworth has always ran from there.(used to start from S Shields several years ago).  It also has always gone to Royal Mail.  (years ago it was numbered as 521 from S Shields all way to Valley.

The trip that used to run at 07:43 from Ellen Wilk will run at 07:30.

The afternoon trip at 18:08 is given an extra 3 mins to get to Wardley.

It is, must of being looking at the wrong timetable... Undecided
PB0002400/461 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Bishop Auckland Bus Station and Bishop Auckland Bus Station given service number 18 effective from 01-Dec-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

This will likely to be due to roadworks in Bishop Auckland.
Nothing about the Sunderland changes yet?
(01 Dec 2014, 5:19 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Nothing about the Sunderland changes yet?

No, there has not been any registered changes regarding the proposed Sunderland changes.

Bus services should be registered with a minimum of 56 days notice to VOSA. There are a limited number of exceptions to this rule, but one would immediately assume that the postponement of registering the changes is linked to potential negative feedback following Go North East's consultation held at Park Lane earlier this month (this could be from customers or local councillors). This reasoning would not comply with any of the exceptions to the '56 day rule', meaning that it is unlikely that the changes will come into effect from late-January, as originally proposed.

Go North East likes to make service changes operational from Sundays, meaning that the earliest these service changes could now come into effect by is February 1st 2014. To meet this date, Go North East would have to register their revised bus services with VOSA before this Sunday.

This is, of course, assuming VOSA are on top of everything and there aren't any delays at their end with uploading them...
I quickly asked on livechat. about the changes for Sunderland, got told just to keep checking the website
PB0003954/420 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Monkseaton, Star of the Sea RC School and Backworth, Castle Park given service number 670 effective from 01-Dec-2014. To amend Route.
I was speaking to Davies Transport Photos yesterday and he said there are some planned changes such as the 2C becoming the 2, and that there is some new services coming. Could anyone confirm this
(03 Dec 2014, 4:31 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]I was speaking to Davies Transport Photos yesterday and he said there are some planned changes such as the 2C becoming the 2, and that there is some new services coming. Could anyone confirm this

If you stop making unnecessary threads and actually read through others than you'd find out. 
IS there any need for you to be an absolute ARSEHOLE, you are quite clearly full of yourself. I started this thread to get an answer not for you to spread your pointless negativity. In starting to wounder if being a bus spotter is a good idea with people like you around!
Here is the list from Dan: (found in GNE changes thread, Page 36).

Changes are likely to end of January, start of February.

Confirmation of proposed changes are as follows:

2 2A 2C           ‘Silver Arrow’ Sunderland – Washington
This service will be extended to and from Vicarage Farm Estate in Silksworth via Hollycarrside, replacing service 42 and providing new cross-city connections, including providing the hospital connection to Silksworth. Service 2C will be renumbered 2.

20/20A              ‘Prince Bishops’ Durham – Sunderland
We are proposing to extend this service to South Shields, in place of our current ‘Laser’ service 35/35A, improving cross-town connections.

29/29A/35/35A/35B/35C and new 36
These services will be revised to provide a new pattern of services and cross-city links. Service 35 will operate from Boldon ASDA via Castletown to Sunderland, replacing the current service 29, continuing from Sunderland via Durham Road and the hospital to Houghton-le-Spring and Low Moorsley on the existing 35 route.
New service 36 will operate from Town End Farm and Hylton Castle to the city and then via Durham Road and the hospital to Houghton-le-Spring and on to Chester-le-Street, replacing service 71 and providing new direct links between Fence Houses and Sunderland. These services will provide a bus every 15 minutes between Town End Farm, Castletown, the city centre, the hospital and the Herringtons to Houghton-le-Spring.
Evening and Sunday services will operate as service 35A, starting at Heworth and running via Castletown, replacing the present service 29A. 35A will then serve the hospital and Silksworth, with one bus an hour running to Low Moorsley and the other to Houghton-le-Spring, with through fares and guaranteed connections to new short X35 services for South Hetton.

38 38C 238     Sunderland – Ryhope – Seaham – Houghton-le-Spring
One journey each hour on service 38 is extended to Houghton-le-Spring, maintaining direct connections between Silksworth and Houghton-le-Spring and creating a direct bus from Grasswell to Sunderland, as requested by our passengers. The main section of service 38 between Sunderland and Hollycarrside is unchanged.

42                    ‘SimpliCity’ Silksworth – Sunderland
This service will be replaced by revised service 2 and 2A, providing better cross-city links through Sunderland and on to Washington.

56                    ‘FAB 56’ Sunderland – Concord – Newcastle
To improve the reliability of this service, we are proposing to run buses every 12 minutes rather than every 10 minutes.

99 99A
Revised to operate between Seaburn and Castletown only. Links to the hospital from Town End Farm and Castletown will be provided by new services 35 and 36.

X36                  ‘Fast Cats’ Sunderland - Newcastle
This service will be revised to operate half hourly between Sunderland and Downhill, with one bus an hour continuing to Gateshead and Newcastle Market Street. Passengers for Enterprise Park will be able to use service 8.

Edit: forgot new service 33 - Sunderland - Barnes - Silksworth then as the 39 towards Doxford International - every 15 mins - Mon-Sat only! =) 
Thank you very much, this is all I asked for an answer. I'm sorry I got so annoyed but really is there any need for you to criticise EVERYTHING I do 'Tom' because that's what you do.
(03 Dec 2014, 4:54 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]Thank you very much, this is all I asked for an answer. I'm sorry I got so annoyed but really is there any need for you to criticise EVERYTHING I do 'Tom' because that's what you do.

Yes there is every need.
There is no need to make threads unnecessarily. It's pointless. That's what the ''Latest'' ''Rare and Odd Workings'' and ''GNE Bus Changes'' are there for!!!!
I cannot be looking through pages and pages when I'm in a rush, why is it so much of a problem!
(03 Dec 2014, 5:09 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]I cannot be looking through pages and pages when I'm in a rush, why is it so much of a problem!

Because almost no other member makes pointless threads!
Tom has got a point and even if he didnt, you had no right to call him an arsehole...
Closing this thread. Lee has had his answer, and there's no need for it to continue.

Couple of points:
- It's primarily up to the poster to moderate their own posts.
- Where the above fails, I'd politely ask that it's left to the moderators to make a call.
- Whilst I agree that an existing general topic, or the search function should have been used, nobody likes having someone jump down their throats. If you have a problem, use the report button.

Cheers.